45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So even non lawyers know the old “ignorance of the law is no defense against breaking the law.”  What Trump is attempting then is that he was ignorant of his ignorance of the law so therefore, cannot be guilty?  

JFC, this is like playing chess against an easily agitated bonobo, with an assault rifle 

Well, to reconcile this, we are all charged with knowledge of the law, whether we have actual knowledge of it or not.

However, when a law is so vague as to violate due process (either as the law is written or as it is applied), being charged with knowledge is of no help to the government because the essence is that the scope of the law is unknowable.

True.  But I to go back to the historical notion, which admittedly is not a terra firma legal foundation, that these portions of the constitution simply could not encompass shit like this.  They could not be that prophetic.  The concept of a “country” so damn new and ideologically vague, that leading a usurpation of one was beyond the pale.  
there are AI crimes that will be committed in a decade’s time that not even the most visionary IP attorney or judge can foresee.  But they must be held accountable for the very simple reason that we were not capable of forecasting such gross abuses.  

I’ve also noticed a marked pivot away from “can’t catch me, I’m running for President!” To “it all still falls under my prior role and executive privilege!”

16 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

This works better with the Epstein stuff.

Lippman: It’s come to my attention that you took several trips to a sex island with a billionaire and had sex with numerous underaged girls.

Trumpstanza: was that wrong?. . .

According to Trump's lawyers, the President of the United States could order Seal Team Six to murder his political opponent and he would be immune from prosecution unless he was immediately impeached, convicted, and removed from office first 2/

I don't even understand how that could be tested.  What does "immediately" mean? 

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 minute ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

As long as a president has enough members of his own party in the House and Senate that will refuse to impeach and convict him, Trump's lawyers are arguing a president is free to assassinate his political rivals.

If you vote for the GOP, you're a piece of shit.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Just control the house or senate and you are free to kill whoever you like. Clean house. Wipe out the opposing party. Never face any consequences. I know Trump could easily believe this (maybe even do it), but his lawyer has to know better. Right?

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

On top of the obvious "if your party controls more than 1/3 of the Senate, you can murder your political rivals" conclusion, now is also where we remember that almost every single Senator cited that Trump was no longer physically in office as their reason for voting against impeachment.

Given that argument combined with the arguments presented today, we are basically attempting to greenlight the Purge for any elected official in their last few weeks of office.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

What the argument presupposes is that the hypothetical President has had ST6 kill enough opposition members of the house/senate so that he cannot be impeached/convicted.

We're through the looking glass, people.  

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Do you work for CNN? 

This is how this shit has worked for about eight years now. You hear something ridiculous from Dotard or Team Dotard, and next thing you know it's being "debated", as if it's a real issue.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

On top of the obvious "if your party controls more than 1/3 of the Senate, you can murder your political rivals" conclusion, now is also where we remember that almost every single Senator cited that Trump was no longer physically in office as their reason for voting against impeachment.

Given that argument combined with the arguments presented today, we are basically attempting to greenlight the Purge for any elected official in their last few weeks of office.

Its even worse than that.  Since the Speaker of the House and Senate Majority leader must bring impeachment proceedings up for a vote,  having just ONE of these individuals in their pockets means no successful impeachment/conviction.    At that point, if anyone speaks up, have them killed before a vote can be called, or hell, kill them during the vote and all resistance magically disappears.  So basically the president and ONE other individual have the constitutional right to impose their will on the entire country without consequence.   Just like the framers  intended.... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

18 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I mean I guess this mean Biden is free to save democracy by any means necessary at this point.   Trump, prepare thy anus!

As long as Biden has control of Senate and there is no vote to convict, then per Trump's attorneys, Biden can order Seal Team 6 to kill Trump and not be criminally liable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

As long as Biden has control of Senate and there is no vote to convict, then per Trump's attorneys, Biden can order Seal Team 6 to kill Trump and not be criminally liable. 

For the first time, kinda thinking Trump's lawyers may be on to something...

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Also my immediate take. Hope that was the follow up to the trump attorney answer. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If the court decides for dotard on this, I would expect Biden to have ST6 execute dotard immediately.  I'm okay w/ that. 

57 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

giphy.gif

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

hold on… I’m thinking. If Biden can do that, then Biden as commander in chief should reopen the selective service, drafting only Trump, his sons and Jared.

We can televise Boot Camp. It will be a modern-day Gomer Pyle….with pain. Everyone can hear his nonstop insulting of all things military. Then station him in some frozen Quonset hut in Alaska. If he leaves his post, he’s arrested for desertion.

If we are going to get creative, I'd prefer he had him boiled in oil at halftime of the upcoming Superbowl.  To make it fun, maybe a dunk tank.  

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Most of Trumps voters want him to do the purge so this doesn’t really damage him. 

18 hours ago, YGIFS said:

True.  But I to go back to the historical notion, which admittedly is not a terra firma legal foundation, that these portions of the constitution simply could not encompass shit like this.  They could not be that prophetic.  The concept of a “country” so damn new and ideologically vague, that leading a usurpation of one was beyond the pale.  
there are AI crimes that will be committed in a decade’s time that not even the most visionary IP attorney or judge can foresee.  But they must be held accountable for the very simple reason that we were not capable of forecasting such gross abuses.  

I’ve also noticed a marked pivot away from “can’t catch me, I’m running for President!” To “it all still falls under my prior role and executive privilege!”

The guiding philosophy of the majority of the Supreme Court boils down to “the founders could have never imagined people as awful as us, ergo whatever we do must be allowed.” 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I know it'll happen, but there's no way the courts can rule for trump on all this without giving biden absolute power ?

If there was ever a "never interrupt your opponent when he's making a mistake" moment, this is it.  FAFO.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

hold on… I’m thinking. If Biden can do that, then Biden as commander in chief should reopen the selective service, drafting only Trump, his sons and Jared.

Don't stop there, go ahead and draft Tucker, Hannity, Watters, Gym, Gaetz, mtg, boobs, Catturd, Fitton, etc... 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, C-Man said:

The Democrats could be handed this power on a silver platter and wouldn't use it. Can't say the same for Republicans.

maybe they'll use it to prevent the pubs from ever getting to it. nah, that would be too off brand for them. fucking cowards

I know it'll happen, but there's no way the courts can rule for trump on all this without giving biden absolute power ?

This supposes SCOTUS would apply the same standard to both parties which is utterly laughable right now.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

The Democrats could be handed this power on a silver platter and wouldn't use it. Can't say the same for Republicans.

This is true. The Democratic Party may actually be stupider than the Republican Party. Bold statement, I know.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Meanwhile, on Fox News:

image.png.644b4f13dcbea5f7b0aeee7c8ba48730.png

There's not a single word on the entire site, that I could find, about the hearing today. 

still not a major headline (they had the GA DA about some illicit love and Sec Def having cancer) but they did add it way at the bottom with the shittiest fuckhead traitor title, "Trump attorney argues Biden is prosecuting his 'greatest electoral threat". FoxNews is a bunch of traitor shitheads.  

• Hook 'Em 1