45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

l

Habba lies and says she is sick. We know its a lie, the judge knows its a lie. Nothing happens. Delay for three 

Your point is bullshit. The court did not delay because of Habba Dabba Doo’s illness.  You are getting all worked up about something when your predicate  factual basis and understanding is just wrong.

As to your goofy point that defense attorneys should turn in their clients to the prosecution, it might be worth a moment’s consideration that if every court system in every state with their own ability to change their procedure does not adopt your method, that maybe there is some validity to the process that escapes you. 

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

And she'll probably get the opportunity to sue him again after what he'll say on Truth Social tonight.

I mean.....there's also this.

Seriously, I don't even know how the law handles serial, continuing defamation once there's already been a trial and verdict.

If you call me a pedophile who rapes my own kids, and I sue and get punitives of $10 million....and the minute after the verdict, you go outside and say Brisket is still a pedophile who rapes his own kids.....then that's a new tort.  The falsity of which has already been established in the first case.  So....I file suit again, and get a whole new bite at the punitive damages apple.  All.  Day.  Long.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean.....there's also this.

Seriously, I don't even know how the law handles serial, continuing defamation once there's already been a trial and verdict.

If you call me a pedophile who rapes my own kids, and I sue and get punitives of $10 million....and the minute after the verdict, you go outside and say Brisket is still a pedophile who rapes his own kids.....then that's a new tort.  The falsity of which has already been established in the first case.  So....I file suit again, and get a whole new bite at the punitive damages apple.  All.  Day.  Long.

And you keep doing it over and over and never pay and the law never puts you in jail because you've been elected president and therefore have immunity.

Our only hope now is that somebody pays Ivanka a billion dollars to come out about two weeks before the election and describe in graphic terms how her father raped her. That might not even move MAGA's needle. 

https://www.threads.net/@meidas_societyschild/post/C2lE9iorihz/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

The campaign does not currently have the $$$ in their coffers to cover the judgement.  In order for him to appeal he must put the amount of the judgement + 11% in escrow with either a bond or certified check before he can appeal this ruling. This is going to get good!

IMG_20240126_141024_731.thumb.jpg.c390a8a8474d9936ad8d4340f986f3f6.jpg

tldr: he's gotta put over $90M in escrow to appeal

he's fucked

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump will raise that full amount from donations directly from MAGites' disability checks before midnight tonight.

Yep, 20 million idiots give 5 bucks each and he's got a few mil in profit already.  Grifting shitbag.

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

That might not even move MAGA's needle. 

It will not.  You could have video evidence of the most despicable sex crimes and it would be minimized as his “locker room phase” by the MAGA faithful.  

• Rage+1 1

So he already put up $5M to appeal the first judgement and if he wants to appeal this one he has to put up more?

If he loses the appeal the bond/deposit/whatever you call it is turned over to the plaintiff, right? So Appealing is a way to accelerate the payments to Ms Carroll.

28 minutes ago, dcbc said:
43 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
Exactly! Who amongst us have not (checks notes) … enlisted our lawyers as accomplices to an effort to deprive a witness against us of their parental rights in an unrelated divorce case?

Who haven't?

You fool. You’ve just proven you know nothing about business.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

is she doing it topless? otherwise I'm not interested

Unfortunately, no, but it's kind of entertaining when she starts going off her talking points. CNN wondering if she could be opening herself up to some liability now with these public rants.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

27 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.aba930f29ef3a0a465652b288395229c.png

She was truly damaged by the trauma of his rape. Amazing woman of many talents. This is a happy moment amid these dusky days.

Curiously enough, unlike the prior trial, this one was 100% defamation damages.  No consideration of sexual assault and no damages for same, and no consideration of whether the defamatory statements constitute defamation, just damages for repeating them.

This is 18.3 million for compensatory damages for defamation and another 70 for punitive damages to "encourage" him to stop defaming her.

The juries kinda shorted her for finger-rape.

18 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Your point is bullshit. The court did not delay because of Habba Dabba Doo’s illness.  You are getting all worked up about something when your predicate  factual basis and understanding is just wrong.

As to your goofy point that defense attorneys should turn in their clients to the prosecution, it might be worth a moment’s consideration that if every court system in every state with their own ability to change their procedure does not adopt your method, that maybe there is some validity to the process that escapes you. 

Habba may not have delayed the trial but instead of preparing her closing arguments, she decided to head up to NH for the victory party. But then again maybe she's done this so many times before, the closing argument prep only took her a few minutes to ask ChatGPT to create it.

Chickens coming home to roost on the mfers who use social media and TV to defame and damage other people. Alex Jones, Rudy Guiliani and now Donald Trump.  Wheels of justice often run slow but people need to realize that their words can have consequences.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

As mentioned above, there is an appeal of the first verdict ongoing.  From what I read it is not the usual borderline frivolous Trump bullshit that is easily dismissed.  Someone that is a more seasoned/sophisticated appellate practitioner will have to opine on that.  Maybe Carroll's brief will make me feel better about it.

But if that appeal works, the first verdict will be undone and this one will go right along with it as it is premised on the first one being "law of the case" that decided many of the issues.  The whole shootin match will have to be retried, if Carroll chooses to do that and the witness list for her may be quite different.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Unfortunately, no, but it's kind of entertaining when she starts going off her talking points. CNN wondering if she could be opening herself up to some liability now with these public rants.

She is.

Statements made by an attorney in a courtroom (e.g., she can argue "the plaintiff is a liar, she wasn't harmed at all," and in the first trial, she also could have argued "the plaintiff is a liar, she wasn't assaulted") are privileged, and cannot be the basis for a claim.  HOWEVER, the statements made on the courthouse steps, which are NOT in the course of any judicial proceeding, have ZERO privilege.  So, if Yabba Dabba Dipshit says "E Jean is a liar, there was no assault," she can absolutely be sued for defamation.  

How do I know that to be a fact?  Many moons ago, I knew an attorney who got sued for exactly that sort of thing (comments made outside the courthouse as to the opposing party).  And it's an intentional tort -- malpractice insurance doesn't cover that claim.  Damn near ruined him.  

Good rule for attorneys: do your talking in the courtroom, and in your filings.  Any public comments on anything substantive should simply say things like "my client maintains that the plaintiff is lying, and that no assault happened."  Attribute the statement to your client, who has indeed taken that position.  OR, simply read a direct quote from the filing -- our position was stated quite clearly: "This event did not happen.  Plaintiff is not telling the truth."

I hope she does get sued.  I hope everyone in his orbit faces a life of never-ending suffering, ruin, and pain.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As mentioned above, there is an appeal of the first verdict ongoing.  From what I read it is not the usual borderline frivolous Trump bullshit that is easily dismissed.

Stop reading the NY Times' reporting on this. 😉

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Same. Can't remember if you've made it by Via Triozzi yet. By far the best Negroni I've ever had. In fact, in the last five minutes I just ordered a 2-liter white oak barrel for the house so I can try and age a Negroni like they supposedly do. It brings the "tartness" down.

image.png.5407c726dc7badf60028209574dcbf1b.png

Well, damn, who knew such classy folk were here.  
A well-done Negroni is three things I really don't care for alone, but are a wonderful harmony when together.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

She is.

Statements made by an attorney in a courtroom (e.g., she can argue "the plaintiff is a liar, she wasn't harmed at all," and in the first trial, she also could have argued "the plaintiff is a liar, she wasn't assaulted") are privileged, and cannot be the basis for a claim.  HOWEVER, the statements made on the courthouse steps, which are NOT in the course of any judicial proceeding, have ZERO privilege.  So, if Yabba Dabba Dipshit says "E Jean is a liar, there was no assault," she can absolutely be sued for defamation.  

How do I know that to be a fact?  Many moons ago, I knew an attorney who got sued for exactly that sort of thing (comments made outside the courthouse as to the opposing party).  And it's an intentional tort -- malpractice insurance doesn't cover that claim.  Damn near ruined him.  

Good rule for attorneys: do your talking in the courtroom, and in your filings.  Any public comments on anything substantive should simply say things like "my client maintains that the plaintiff is lying, and that no assault happened."  Attribute the statement to your client, who has indeed taken that position.  OR, simply read a direct quote from the filing -- our position was stated quite clearly: "This event did not happen.  Plaintiff is not telling the truth."

I hope she does get sued.  I hope everyone in his orbit faces a life of never-ending suffering, ruin, and pain.

Well, the litigation privilege does extend outside of the courtroom, so long as the comments are confined mostly to the proceedings.

But yeah, do your talking in court.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, the litigation privilege does extend outside of the courtroom, so long as the comments are confined mostly to the proceedings.

But yeah, do your talking in court.

Correct - that's why you say things like "it is my client's position," and "as we stated in our filing."  But if you just lost a defamation case, and run outside and repeat the thing that has now been ADJUDICATED to be false....you're fucked.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump will raise that full amount from donations directly from MAGites' disability checks before midnight tonight.

......not from me.   How ignorant do you have to be to fund this asshole......and these folks are complaining about the cost of groceries!