45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

tldr a detailed look at why you should hire competent counsel and all the kinds of fuck ups and how much it will cost you if you don't

if Trump sued Habba Dabba Doo for malpractice that led to the giant verdict, he would probably win.  Granted, Trump is responsible for much of the juries hatred of him because of his multiple refusals to follow court orders, but some of that is her fault.

I would bet her malpractice insurance is a very low amount- maybe a half million.   Her biggest worry if he does that is that his army of knuckle, dragging halfwits would do something to her.  

Do you want to be Trump’s attorney? What about Trump turning on and attacking every AG he’s ever had was not a clue?  No Habba, you can’t fake being smart.

• Hook 'Em 1

I assume the shitstain Koch brothers jump in to fund Trump after Haley drops out? Or do they punt for 4 more years of a Democrat President and start backing "the heir apparent" (whoever the fuck that is) in 2025?

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I assume the shitstain Koch brothers jump in to fund Trump after Haley drops out? Or do they punt for 4 more years of a Democrat President and start backing "the heir apparent" (whoever the fuck that is) in 2025?

Well good news on that, David is dead, and Charles was born in 1935, so if we are lucky, he's seen his last election, or will be seeing his last election.  

31 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well good news on that, David is dead, and Charles was born in 1935, so if we are lucky, he's seen his last election, or will be seeing his last election.  

I am not embarrassed at all that I know next to nothing about them other than their funding of terrible people and (probably) Supreme Court judges.

Which, I guess, makes me no different than the millions of idiots that have no fucking clue who George Soros is or how he made his money, but reflexively hate him anyway.

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You may have saved up enough for a down payment on a home, but what do you do when there isn't any inventory?

Up your bid.  Corporate leeches in media will cancel Biden ads and run dotard ads if he ponies up more money.

Although he's dead (thank god) there will be another asshole like Sheldon Adelson to fill the coffers.

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Up your bid.  Corporate leeches in media will cancel Biden ads and run dotard ads if he ponies up more money.

Although he's dead (thank god) there will be another asshole like Sheldon Adelson to fill the coffers.

This makes zero sense, you think the candidate who is going to need last minute dollars will swoop in and find the money at the last minute, and it will be substantially more then the guy with a several hundred million head start, and who also still has a year to campaign and plenty of money out there aligned against Trump? 

Trump ups his bid, the companies go back to Biden and they up their bid. Because they have more money and no legal fees. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This makes zero sense, you think the candidate who is going to need last minute dollars will swoop in and find the money at the last minute, and it will be substantially more then the guy with a several hundred million head start, and who also still has a year to campaign and plenty of money out there aligned against Trump? 

Trump ups his bid, the companies go back to Biden and they up their bid. Because they have more money and no legal fees. 

I think the BSD donors will go it alone and pay for the ads direct.  There's enough filthy rich traitors to make it happen.

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

I think the BSD donors will go it alone and pay for the ads direct.  There's enough filthy rich traitors to make it happen.

So now you’re ignoring corporate ad greed and don’t think they’ll seek a better deal if Biden offers?

Weisselberg, trump org CFO, in negotiations to plead guilty for perjury in NY. I guess going to jail for 100 days didn’t teach him a lesson the last time. Hopefully he goes away for a longer stretch.

everyone around Trump goes to jail except him. Amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The BSD donors will match and exceed what Biden offers.  It's not that hard to figure out.

It’s not hard to figure out you’re sniffing ledge dust and projecting your worst fears. 

imagine living in a world where a huge fundraising  advantage with a year out, donors souring on Trump, a year of strong fundraising ahead, and Trump mired in legal woes as a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If Biden dumps a bunch of money and locks up slots now for later in the year, they won’t cancel his ads - that’s a sure fire way to lose future advertising revenue and probably get hit with financial penalties for breaking a contract.

But you nailed it on the BMDs though - I doubt very many want to give to his campaign directly these days, knowing it’ll be spent on his legal fees. They’ll use PACs they know that will spend the money on campaigning and not PACs controlled by Trump or even the GOP. They may also be waiting to see what happens with his court cases. Meanwhile, Nikki Haley is mocking his financial issues and his spending so much of his campaign funds on legal fees.

47 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This quote blows my mind.  She knows he's a psychopathic, narcissistic rapist yet has this to say about their interaction:

Kaplan continued: “He came back in and he said, ‘Well, how’d you like the lunch?’ And I said, ‘Well, sir, I had a banana. You know, I can never really eat when I’m taking testimony.’ And he said, ‘Well, I told you,’ — it was kind of charming. He said, ‘I told you, I told them to make you really bad sandwiches, but they can’t help themselves here. We have the best sandwiches.’”

One additional comment, there is no fucking way I would ever address that miserable cunt as "sir". 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/politics/roberta-kaplan-donald-trump-deposition-maralago/index.html

Attorney Roberta Kaplan said former President Donald Trump threw papers across a table and stormed off during a deposition at Mar-a-Lago after learning that his legal team had agreed to provide her lunch.

Kaplan, who has represented clients in high-profile cases against Trump, including E. Jean Carroll, said on an episode of the “George Conway Explains it All (to Sarah Longwell)” podcast recorded Thursday that she rejected the former president’s request that they work through a lunch break because he believed the deposition was “a waste of my time.”

“And then you could kind of see the wheel spinning in his brain. You could really almost see it,” Kaplan told Republican strategist Sarah Longwell and conservative attorney George Conway, a longtime Trump critic. “And he said, ‘Well, you’re here in Mar-a-Lago. What do you think you’re going to do for lunch? Where are you going to get lunch?’”

Kaplan said she told him that his attorneys had “graciously offered to provide” her team with lunch — a common civil practice between opposing legal teams.

“At which point there was a huge pile of documents, exhibits, sitting in front of him, and he took the pile and he just threw it across the table. And stormed out of the room,” Kaplan shared, adding that Trump specifically yelled at his lawyer Alina Habba for providing them lunch.

“He really yelled at Alina for that. He was so mad at Alina,” she said.

Kaplan continued: “He came back in and he said, ‘Well, how’d you like the lunch?’ And I said, ‘Well, sir, I had a banana. You know, I can never really eat when I’m taking testimony.’ And he said, ‘Well, I told you,’ — it was kind of charming. He said, ‘I told you, I told them to make you really bad sandwiches, but they can’t help themselves here. We have the best sandwiches.’”

Kaplan was deposing Trump at Mar-Lago in a lawsuit alleging the former president was involved with a fraudulent marketing company. A federal judge dismissed the suitlast month.

In a separate anecdote, Kaplan detailed the end of the deposition when she was set to leave, saying that Trump told her: “See you next Tuesday” – a phrase that is often used as a derogatory euphemism directed at women.

“We come in the room and I say, ‘I’m done asking questions’ and immediately I hear from the other side, ‘Off the record. Off the record. Off the record.’ So they must have planned it. And he looks at me from across the table and he says, ‘See you next Tuesday,’” she recounted.

Kaplan said that she was initially confused, as their next meeting was set for a Wednesday. “You could tell it was like, it was like a kind of a joke again, like teenage boys would come up with. But again, I wasn’t in on the joke,” she said.

“I wasn’t in on the joke, so I had no idea. Then we get into the car and my colleagues are like, ‘Robbie, do you know what that means?’ And I’m like, ‘No, what are you talking about?’ They tell me and I’m like, oh my God, thank God I didn’t know because had I known, I for sure would have gotten angry. There’s no question I would have gotten angry,” Kaplan said.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

This quote blows my mind.  She knows he's a psychopathic, narcissistic rapist yet has this to say about their interaction:

Meh. She’s not sinking to his level. When he goes low, she’s going high. That’s assuming the quote is fully accurate. Maybe there’s some missing context like a sarcastic tone. She won her case and we learned that he threw a tantrum, ordered his staff to serve her bad food, and called her a cunt. That’s my takeaway. 

What a gigantic pussy. If you’re going to call someone a cunt, you should have the balls to come out and say it. Fuck that speaking in code bullshit

Edited by Hammerin Hank
I want to be clear that I don’t encourage anyone to use that word. I find it to be a vile insult, and it’s the only 4 letter word that I refrain from using
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

So Melanie gets her hair did once a month for $18,000.  What's the chump change $2,500 charge for?

This needs to be hit hard in commercials.  Point out that donor money was spent on Melania's stylist.   Point out the dollar amount.   Point out that the MONTHLY dollar amount is X times the cost of the average American woman's hair appointment.   Point out that no stylist in America gets paid $18,000 a month for consulting.   Point out how highly suspicious this is.   And then ask "What was this really for?"  "Who was Trump really paying?"

BTW, is this whole thing even legal?   Can a candidate do this kind of thing?   Aren't there any guardrails in place for money spent by PACs for the services paid for?   Surely, there would be some kind of rules in place?    Wait, this is America.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

This needs to be hit hard in commercials.  Point out that donor money was spent on Melania's stylist.   Point out the dollar amount.   Point out that the MONTHLY dollar amount is X times the cost of the average American woman's hair appointment.   Point out that no stylist in America gets paid $18,000 a month for consulting.   Point out how highly suspicious this is.   And then ask "What was this really for?"  "Who was Trump really paying?"

BTW, is this whole thing even legal?   Can a candidate do this kind of thing?   Aren't there any guardrails in place for money spent by PACs for the services paid for?   Surely, there would be some kind of rules in place?    Wait, this is America.

This will be forgotten in an hour on this site and never even be known to 99% of the world. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Tell everyone Joe & Jill go to Supercuts. 

8 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

If people aren't enraged about him using campaign funds to pay his legal fees, I doubt a haircut is going to move the needle.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

BTW, is this whole thing even legal?   Can a candidate do this kind of thing?   Aren't there any guardrails in place for money spent by PACs for the services paid for?   Surely, there would be some kind of rules in place? 

justice-laughs-at-you.jpg

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

If people aren't enraged about him using campaign funds to pay his legal fees, I doubt a haircut is going to move the needle.

Except he can't excuse that expense as "I'm fighting for you."

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

Except he can't excuse that expense as "I'm fighting for you."

True, but in their twisted minds, they're just one lucky break away from living the good life like him. It's aspirational for these idiots.

19 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

This. I give money to a PAC and it can be used to pay to pay for lavish lifestyle of the candidate and his spouse? It can be used to pay for the legal fees of a private citizen?

i failed to see where the P in Political Action Committee falls into the above?

This is like a fraudulent Go Fund Me scheme.

26 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

McCain’s campaign spent a ton of money on clothes and styling for Palin bc she looked and dressed like a backwoods hick

JHC, I'm all messed up now. I can't see the word indicted without thinking indicated. Can't see indicated without thinking indicted. Now the blowhard Marjorie has thrown in "indicked". I'm too old to keep all this straight.

• Haha 3