2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

On 10/1/2023 at 9:37 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

It's 9:36 PM and the Houston Astros are still AL West Division Champions.

Suck it, Arlington.

We're good, thanks.

On 10/1/2023 at 11:06 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

How you doing, Arlington?

Just fine, thanks.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:00 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

It's Oct 2, 2023 and the Houston Astros are still AL West Champions.

Enjoy that crown during your offseason.

Yeah, page 13 was a fun bit of nostalgia.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Exactly.  His bets are hedges on his free stuff if they win promotions.  He can't lose.

Yep. That asshole is just taking out insurance policies but not calling Lloyds to do it. Then the clown has the audacity to openly be AGAINST legalizing sports betting in Texas. Elite hypocrisy. Fuck that guy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Two funny posts I saw about the game.  The dudes in the spacesuits, "NASA:  Need Another Seven (runs), Astros?"  

Ted Cruz post referring to Texas as the "Dallas Rangers"    That's "such as the Iraq" level of ignorance.  

I guess I follow the Astros more closely than the Rangers, but being a Cubs fan-I got no real dog in the hunt.  But I love the vitriolic shit-talking between your two fan bases, didn't realize it was this divisive.  Somebody almost got into fisticuffs with Mattress Mack, that's some bad blood considering how fucking old that guy is.  

My uncle is turning 95 on Saturday.  He loves the game, played in the Cleveland minor leagues for a few years back in the late 40's/early 50's.  And being a native Texan, he is also a longtime Rangers fan.  Since it's become very apparent to us all that Cleveland ain't winning shit before he's dead...we're pulling for the Rangers to put a smile on his face at his birthday.  

Everybody loves an underdog story, but c'mon with the fucking Diamondbacks.  Three fucking games above .500 and they could still likely win the World Series?  What the fuck with that?  

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Holy shit…no I didn’t recognize him as the angry customer. I also had no idea he was a musician IRL. Thanks.

And I’ve never seen “Bernie”.

In fairness, it's not a still from Bernie. But kinda

The best clip, by far, from Bernie:

Edited by The Original Greaser Bob

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Everybody loves an underdog story, but c'mon with the fucking Diamondbacks.  Three fucking games above .500 and they could still likely win the World Series?  What the fuck with that?  

They made the Houston end of season sweep very easy as they laid down to get a preferred opponent in the wc round. With major effects on the AL west.  Would be nice if it worked out that Texas beats them as some karmic retribution. 

“We. Want. Houston! Clap clap, clap clap clap”

Remember when Houston thought that was the bad luck?

Turns out Houston playing in front of a bunch of Slorch’s and Ted Cruz and Mattress Mack’s and Gourmand’s was so repelling that having home field advantage was the bad luck.

Oh well, they got the 2023 AL West Champs tshirts!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

“We. Want. Houston! Clap clap, clap clap clap”

Remember when Houston thought that was the bad luck?

Turns out Houston playing in front of a bunch of Slorch’s and Ted Cruz and Mattress Mack’s and Gourmand’s was so repelling that having home field advantage was the bad luck.

Oh well, they got the 2023 AL West Champs tshirts!

*Slorchs, or probably Slorches

*Macks

*Gourmands

And why not tshirt's??

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

The last thing I’ll note, because it’s not gentlemanly to continually rub the Astros nose in it; Isn’t it interesting how the Astros are beatable mortals (especially outside of their two superstars) when they aren’t blatantly cheating?

steve-buscemi-fuck-all-that.gif

Their smug ass fans saying shit like "it's cute that y'all made it a series", and the fat menudo bowl motherfucker walking out of the stadium friday night screaming "We Want Houston" in little kids' faces and what not...Fuck them!  They deserve to take alllllllll the length.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Their smug ass fans saying shit like "it's cute that y'all made it a series", and the fat menudo bowl motherfucker walking out of the stadium friday night screaming "We Want Houston" in little kids' faces and what not...Fuck them!  They deserve to take alllllllll the length.  

Speaking of fat menudo bowl of a human being, it's seriously hilarious that Maldonado was an everyday starter. Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake, so I don't think a lot of teasing was done on the national or regional level about it being managerial malpractice, but now that they are done there should be some definite parody reporting about it.

He was an offensive blackhole. Watching him waddle up to first base on the rare occasion he got there, usually via a walk, gave me second hand embarrassment and pain. I mean, my knees and hips hurt watching his carry that weight and attempt to look athletic. Is it a wonder he couldn't hit? There are 50 year olds in Vic's softball league in better shape and physical conditioning. 

Edited by BeardIP

lol, check out all the spunk from the rangers and cardinals fans!  love it...  don't think i have ever actually met a real life rangers fan so didn't know it was even a thing.

congrats to the rangers for winning the AL pennant...it's a fun experience.  good luck in the w.s.

utterly insane that the astros have now played a seven game world series and a seven game alcs without winning a home game.  that is baffling.

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

lol, check out all the spunk from the rangers and cardinals fans!  love it...  don't think i have ever actually met a real life rangers fan so didn't know it was even a thing.

congrats to the rangers for winning the AL pennant...it's a fun experience.  good luck in the w.s.

utterly insane that the astros have now played a seven game world series and a seven game alcs without winning a home game.  that is baffling.

You would have had 2-3 on every row if you went to the game last night apparently.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

That's cute. Remember when Astros fans had to cheer for their daddy (the Cardinals) in the 2011 WS? I member.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

That's cute. Remember when Astros fans had to cheer for their daddy (the Cardinals) in the 2011 WS? I member.

no, i don't.  i was an astros fan then (as i have been since 1985) and there isn't a moment in my life where even for a moment I can even conceive of the notion of rooting for the st. louis fucking cardinals of all teams.  especially not in 2011.  would have much rather seen the rangers win than the cardinals (or the giants for that matter).

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You would have had 2-3 on every row if you went to the game last night apparently.  

white-lady-on-plane-motherfucker-is-not-

😉 i suspect they all had themselves a hell of a fun night...deservedly so.

• Haha 1

Hey fuck cunt, if you can't handle Rangers fans clowning on shit bag Astros fans of all stripes, feel free to go hang out in the San Antonio baseball thread of dominance. 

Hey fuck cunt shit bag head. Like I said, I’m negging everyone that post politicians in this thread regardless of whom they cheer for. If you can’t handle that, feel free to hang out in the dirty taint licker thread of dominance in the Cloak Room.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

The sneks were six games over .500 but it doesn't matter, we're gonna get the Phillies.

55 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Damn, I missed that this happened. "Fat Menudo Bowl" is just priceless BTW. He is such a colossal prick. It would be one thing if his game backed it up but he's fucking terrible.