Guy who lived in Austin for 8 years leaving because Austin ain't what she used to be...

TexArcher

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, the long-time cultural bastion of Rainey St has changed, y'all!

He probably also thinks Lady Bird Lake is too crowded with newcomers now.

Piss off, Yankee fuckboy.

It’s been getting about an extra body/week isn’t it? 

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, the long-time cultural bastion of Rainey St has changed, y'all!

He probably also thinks Lady Bird Lake is too crowded with newcomers now.

Piss off, Yankee fuckboy.

Especially if he calls it Lady Bird Lake.

• Hook 'Em 5

He calls himself "Nomadic Matt". Isn't leaving just what he does?

23 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Why do all these sanctimonious assholes feel the need to proclaim they are "leaving" - the country, the state, the city, Twitter, etc.

Just fucking go.  Nobody cares.  

It's his own personal blog to talk about his life. The better question is why is anyone reading it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The better question is why is anyone reading it

Probably the same reasons kids watch other kids playing with toys on YouTube. 

I personally don’t care if a stranger likes or dislikes Austin or any other city. It takes almost no talent or effort to have some kind of public voice these days. Maybe there is a silver lining in that but it’s mostly just crap.

10 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Hate to dox the guy, but he sure looks like Matthew Figurelli

Matthew?  Is he the brother of Daniel Figurelli, the racist POS who lost an internship at PWC because he was sending racist tweets at high school football recruits?

• Haha 5

I mean fine you dont like austin anymore.... but to then follow that up by saying you are moving to NYC???

LOL     extra LOL, triple LOL.

if you are a "nomadic" dude, the last fucking city in the U.S. you want to use as a home base is anywhere within 30 miles of NYC.   Even if you literally just rent a couch in Hoboken/Jersey City/Newark area you are paying $2k a month just to have a crash pad when you need it.

pick someplace a bit further inland with rail traffic and you can still access the NYC/philly/Hartford airports within an hour.for literally half the cost and you are getting at least half a room with your own bed for that amount.

8 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I left the area a about 8 or 9 years ago, but I still wanted to post this.  Surprised it took this long.

Born and raised.  From the early days at Maplewood Elementary and Kealing MS all the way through college and beyond.  Of course the city's changed.  It's grown and evolved.  I left in the late 90's but visit multiple times a year.  It's still Austin.  It's not Paris or NY, nor would we want it to be.  Making the comparison is idiotic.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I mean fine you dont like austin anymore.... but to then follow that up by saying you are moving to NYC???

LOL     extra LOL, triple LOL.

if you are a "nomadic" dude, the last fucking city in the U.S. you want to use as a home base is anywhere within 30 miles of NYC.   Even if you literally just rent a couch in Hoboken/Jersey City/Newark area you are paying $2k a month just to have a crash pad when you need it.

pick someplace a bit further inland with rail traffic and you can still access the NYC/philly/Hartford airports within an hour.for literally half the cost and you are getting at least half a room with your own bed for that amount.

It's a bit more than an hour to NYC, but I hear that East Palestine, Ohio has some cheap vacancies.

CHIEF

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

I love how he says Austin doesn't have hustle and bustle... does he just stay at home?

Well it doesn't.  Hipsters, drunks, and traffic are not hustle and bustle.

Also isn't he like the 15 billionth person to write something like this?

3 minutes ago, midtown said:

Well it doesn't.  Hipsters, drunks, and traffic are not hustle and bustle.

Also isn't he like the 15 billionth person to write something like this?

Nah, there's all kinds of stuff going on that doesn't necessarily involve those three... OK, well two out of three... traffic can be an issue but still not HTown traffic unless you're dumb enough to go to 35.  I've avoided it like the plague forever.  But for real, his bellyaching on changes to Austin after moving here in 2019 is so rich.

Apparently unpopular take: This thread reminds me of the aggies pissed off at Lane Kiffin because Lane said something "mean" about jimbo, except in this case it wasn't Lane Kiffin, it's his distant 3rd cousin on his wife's bastard stepdad's side, twice removed.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Apparently unpopular take: This thread reminds me of the aggies pissed off at Lane Kiffin because Lane said something "mean" about jimbo, except in this case it wasn't Lane Kiffin, it's his distant 3rd cousin on his wife's bastard stepdad's side, twice removed.

Difference is that you won't find threads on Texags objectively discussing the State of the Cult.  Folks on here openly discuss the ongoing changes in Austin.

I was only semi-here my first couple of years. I split my time in NYC for a bit, traveled a lot, and lived in Paris for a bit.

Last year, roaming from NYC to Paris to Berlin to London, I began to notice that the things I love about big cities aren’t present in Austin. I missed walking everywhere, museums, jazz clubs, public transportation, copious art museums, and diversity of people, ideas, and food. I missed the hustle and bustle that comes with places like NYC, Boston, London, and other metropolises.

"That's what I said. I said, 'pull your finger out of your ass." /WaynefromLetterkenny

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Difference is that you won't find threads on Texags objectively discussing the State of the Cult.  Folks on here openly discuss the ongoing changes in Austin.

Another difference is they're usually complaining about something on espn while here it's an obscure blog post nobody would have otherwise read. #advantageaggy

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Why do all these sanctimonious assholes feel the need to proclaim they are "leaving" - the country, the state, the city, Twitter, etc.

Just fucking go.  Nobody cares.  

this applies to yelp/google reviews of restaurants times eleventy billion

"Came in on a recent Friday night and no one greeted me at the host stand for twelve seconds blah blah blah WE WON'T BE COMING BACK!!!" 

Ok cool bye. Just don't come back, no one cares about your pronouncement. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

"Came in on a recent Friday night and no one greeted me at the host stand for twelve seconds blah blah blah WE WON'T BE COMING BACK!!!" 

Oh, it's worse than that.

"The food was great.  It came out fast, and hot.  And I truly have never tasted anything that good in my life.  BUT, the cloth napkins were folded in simple triangles instead of origami.  That's just lazy.  One star."

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Did it once.  Spent close to 40 minutes in the drive through line at the fucking Whataburger in Frisco off 423....and of course they got the order wrong.  

Austin begins sucking when you turn 35 and it’s a gradual slide to nearly unbearable by the time you turn 45.  It doesn’t matter what decade this occurs in.  If you were here in the 1970s it began sucking in the 80s.  If you grew up in the 90’s it sucked by ‘08.  All of our kids will be reminiscing about when Austin was great back in the 2020’s before it changed.  The crowd that cried over Liberty Lunch being gone sounded just as ridiculous to the previous generation as these fucksticks whining about Rainey St losing its character sound to us.

Rinse and repeat for every generation.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1