2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

I'll say it. Stewart is a moron if he doesn't transfer here. 

1) See what Worthy is doing this year in a similar role.

2) Texas likely returns almost the entire OL, Ewers, and a great RB group. He's going to have weapons around him. 

If Stewart can't see the obvious here, I don't know what to tell him. Maybe he's just a bad decision-maker after picking aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

2) Texas likely returns almost the entire OL, Ewers, and a great RB group. He's going to have weapons around him. 

If Stewart can't see the obvious here, I don't know what to tell him. Maybe he's just a bad decision-maker after picking aggy. 

Why would we want a wr that quits on his team and spent the last 2 years learning the behavior of the a&m locker room? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Why would we want a wr that quits on his team and spent the last 2 years learning the behavior of the a&m locker room? 

Some of you drastically undervalue talent. 

Gerry has already mentioned the schools that are likely to be involved are Texas, Oregon, Ohio State, and Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It kinda depends on who else shows up in the portal. Stewart will probably be near the top talent-wise. I'm also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for being unmotivated to play for a Jimbo Fisher aggy team. Plenty of decent kids make the mistake of going to aggy and go mad there.

Edited by Bevo14

IMO Stewart is an easier sell than guys like Hall and Billingsley. By all accounts those guys screwed around at Bama, and Saban actually tries to install discipline and runs a tight ship. I’m not sure aggy even tried to impose any sort of structure or discipline with Jimbo unless you were trying to wear arm sleeves.

And if the “culture” at Texas is as strong as many here think, taking a flyer on Stewart isn’t that much of a risk because the locker room will police itself. 

I think the bigger question is what sort of NIL demands he has and what does the market look like for him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Strong locker rooms won’t be swayed by one dipshit. Usually they get in line or get left behind. I am 1000% on board of adding Stewart. Need him here in the spring and if he’s not bought in show him the door by the summer.

Everyone keeps bringing up Hall and Billingsley but Blue is a much better example since the team has morphed a ton since those 2 were here. Blue has defied most opinions and looks to be a great example of what strong culture and leadership can do.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Strong locker rooms won’t be swayed by one dipshit. Usually they get in line or get left behind. I am 1000% on board of adding Stewart. Need him here in the spring and if he’s not bought in show him the door by the summer.

Everyone keeps bringing up Hall and Billingsley but Blue is a much better example since the team has morphed a ton since those 2 were here. Blue has defied most opinions and looks to be a great example of what strong culture and leadership can do.

This is why Im actually excited for Aeryn Hampton as a WR prospect. Great talent and been drama free since recommitting

Given CTJ’s opposition to Stewart I am guessing that something went down in that recruitment where he shit on Sark and/or Texas that would send a bad message to other players on the team who are aware of it if we took him. More than just “he’s a head case but we can get him straight” like Billingsly and Hall were, something disrespectful that you can’t forgive without losing face. 

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Given CTJ’s opposition to Stewart I am guessing that something went down in that recruitment where he shit on Sark and/or Texas that would send a bad message to other players on the team who are aware of it if we took him. More than just “he’s a head case but we can get him straight” like Billingsly and Hall were, something disrespectful that you can’t forgive without losing face. 

He's consistently told our side that he's coming, will be at Texas, only to turn around and take more money at A&M. That's the most I've seen from this board so there could be more

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Agree.

Part of that Athletic piece on why Jimbo was such a failure (which in all honesty could've been a War and Peace length novel) was that Jimbo just wanted 5-stars and ignored character. 

Could Texas use Stewart? Sure. Do they need him? Don't know. Would Stewart be a positive addition to the locker room? Maybe, maybe not. 

Personally, I say fuck him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

All this Stewart to the portal talk is great but who on that A&M defense is a possibility to portal and come to UT?  I would love some of those veteran DL they have or a veteran safety but not sure if those are realistic possibilities.  

Nolen and his auctioneer dad. 

39 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

All this Stewart to the portal talk is great but who on that A&M defense is a possibility to portal and come to UT?  I would love some of those veteran DL they have or a veteran safety but not sure if those are realistic possibilities.  

Bryce Anderson

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

I wouldn’t overthink it. He did fuck around enough to piss folks off, but not enough, apparently, for them to avoid pursuing him if he goes into the portal. My issues with the guy revolve around him since he’s been at ATM. He’s a drama queen with a shitty work ethic. He’s been unaccountable with the staff and his teammates. He’s got a shit attitude and he’s a pothead. I’m rooting for him to go somewhere else and irritate people, personally. 

Also, for everyone touting his talent, the best comp I have for him after the past two seasons is Surly BJ Johnson. He drops a lot of passes, he fumbles too much, he’s low effort when the ball isn’t coming his way and he’s a nonentity in the running game. Does he have big play ability? Yes. Does he get open easily compared to his peers? Yes. That’s not enough for me. I’d take Barion Brown over him right now. Brown might be 75% the player Stewart is, but he’s well liked and has reliable hands. He’s playing in an offense from the stone ages as well, so he could be damned good in Sarkisian’s offense. Texas thought they had him last year.  

6 minutes ago, Yesh said:

Bryce Anderson

That guy initiated contact with Texas last year and then ghosted them after swearing he was transferring.  He pulled similar shit during his recruitment.  I hope Texas is looking elsewhere this time around, if they really think they need NB or S help. 

• Hook 'Em 8

I can’t blame guys too much for not understanding how to conduct business at 17-19 years old, even with guidance.  Those flaws don’t bother me as those things have to be learned and aren’t always learned by then. Stewart’s behavior at aggy is worth noting though. 

maybe Anderson sees now who was honest with him and who wasn’t, if it wasn’t a strictly financial decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I'll take him because this is his contract year.  If he pulls that same crap, Sark won't tolerate it and he will sit. If he gets his head straight, he will kill it in our offense and could move up the ranks of the draft nest year. Next year will be his last chance and I think he knows it.

• Hook 'Em 1

aggy tends to literally brainwash every player that lands there for a season or more, or at least reprogram their thought processes to think the same way they do about Texas. I mean, when is the last time we got an aggy transfer? I'm really trying to think and coming up empty.

59 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Next year will be his last chance and I think he knows it.

Besides the fact that it's literally not because he has 2 years of eligibility left, what do you base him "knowing it" on? The many deep conversations you've had with him? Your own keen insight into the mind of a 20 year old athlete and tiktok star? 

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.