2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I think I would take Princely over the kid from UTSA.

Both are likely in contract years, and Princely's production last year was in the SEC.

39 Tackles, 11.5 TFL, 7 Sacks

That is very good EDGE production, and slightly better than our best EDGE guy, Burke.

But he's a cancer

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

So long Bison Tits, good luck to Klein completely rebuilding the line in the portal

How he was a freshman all american must simply be from playing time. He was absolutely annihilated more times than I can count. I saw him get reverse pancaked on bull rushes multiple times.  

So let's assume LTG is also gone, McDonald is moving to safety as has been hinted at and Black will be in the boat next week. I'll exclude Filsaime for now since he is still committed to another school. That leaves us here at DB headed into next year:

CB- Holmes (sr), Brooks (jr), Muhammad (soph), Roberson (R-fr, I believe he's working at CB right now), Black (fr), Mack (fr), Wilson (fr)

Nickel- Guilbeau (jr), Jordan (jr)

Safety- Taaffe (jr), Williams (so), McDonald (so), Johnson-Rubell (fr)....going to assume Crawford is leaving and I guess Jerrin Thompson has a covid year if he wants it but he did walk on senior day

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Another one. 

Who here hasn't done the ole walk out of the dealership tactic.   Sir, I've talked to the manager and we were able to come to terms...  Now do you want an extended warranty with that bag?!..  

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

So let's assume LTG is also gone, McDonald is moving to safety as has been hinted at and Black will be in the boat next week. I'll exclude Filsaime for now since he is still committed to another school. That leaves us here at DB headed into next year:

CB- Holmes (sr), Brooks (jr), Muhammad (soph), Roberson (R-fr, I believe he's working at CB right now), Black (fr), Mack (fr), Wilson (fr)

Safety- Taaffe (jr), Williams (so), McDonald (so), Johnson-Rubell (fr)....going to assume Crawford is leaving and I guess Jerrin Thompson has a covid year if he wants it but he did walk on senior day

IT was saying JJR will start at Nickel/Star likely during bowl practice.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Last I've heard is that Mack will probably start out at Nickel as the backup to Guilbeau. Jordan will be moving to safety assuming he doesn't portal (we don't want him to but he would start for a lot of P5 teams so we shall see). 

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

DOnt forget Korie Black. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think I would take Princely over the kid from UTSA.

Both are likely in contract years, and Princely's production last year was in the SEC.

39 Tackles, 11.5 TFL, 7 Sacks

That is very good EDGE production, and slightly better than our best EDGE guy, Burke.

Patrick Payton please. 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

DOnt forget Korie Black. 

he didn't

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Last I've heard is that Mack will probably start out at Nickel as the backup to Guilbeau. Jordan will be moving to safety assuming he doesn't portal (we don't want him to but he would start for a lot of P5 teams so we shall see). 

Would make sense. Corner should be in a pretty good spot (especially if Korie Black happens), so starting some of those freshman (JJR, Mack) out other places to help with depth would be wise.

4 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

he didn't

He's referencing KOBIE black in the text you bolded, hence why he has a Freshman Designation next to his name. I'm talking about his older brother KORIE black, who will allegedly be transferring into Texas fom Oklahoma State next season. Last seen not knowing what planet he was on in the Big 12 title game. 

YARN | Don't question me! | Bloodsport (1988) | Video clips by quotes |  fe1cec45 | ç´—

Edited by SydneyCarton

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He's referencing KOBIE black in the text you bolded, hence why he has a Freshman Designation next to his name. I'm talking about his older brother KORIE black, who will allegedly be transferring into Texas fom Oklahoma State next season. Last seen not knowing what planet he was on in the Big 12 title game. 

YARN | Don't question me! | Bloodsport (1988) | Video clips by quotes |  fe1cec45 | ç´—

Kobe, or not Kobe, that is the question.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What I remember most from that was Justin Wells going on Austin radio and telling that story as if it actually happened. 

Holy shit. I forgot that that part happened. That is easily a top 25 moment for me in terms of Internet idiocy. Liucci was having to talk and write about it and deny that it ever happened. 

• Haha 5

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.