2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Clearly I'm from a different generation, because I can't hear the name Malachi without thinking of this guy...

image.thumb.png.e187ee8871504589ee34edecec5b3051.png

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

Fascinating one, obviously USC had been tied to Will Howard but if you're gonna run off Nelson I'd want to know I was getting a better QB 

57 minutes ago, NoName said:

Holy shit Riley recruited him since he was like a freshman in HS. It's wild as hell he's moving on or pissed at him.

Genuinely, wow.

51 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Riley had this guy pegged to take over next year. He all but guaranteed him the job during his recruitment so this is pretty wild. 

I’m genuinely shocked that I never knew his name was pronounced any way other than Malachi (Ma-La-Chi). 

45 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

Bad roads = failed state?

Do you live in Texas? Our roads suck. Not as bad as Louisiana, but they're really bad (compared to other states)

I beg to differ. Ever been to Indianapolis? I was there for a trial (district court), and the case before mine was a local resident suing the city for replacing his vehicle tires due to poor road conditions. Crazy pot holes left in disrepair for years. Guy proved his case well beyond need and put a spotlight on the city attorneys that were fumbling to respond to evidence and violations of SOPs/policies. The judge found in favor of the resident and ordered immediate repair of that guys entire street. My local attorney that was with me asked what I thought of the drive over with a slight smile. It was the bumpiest road I’ve ever been on. We had to zig zag through streets or turn around completely because the street was just “closed”. Chunks of pavement missing the size of Kim K’s ass. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

Fascinating one, obviously USC had been tied to Will Howard but if you're gonna run off Nelson I'd want to know I was getting a better QB 

My dream outcome is the aggies bring him in for a visit and run off Weigman like they did  Novasad when they brought him in last year. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Supposedly Nelson has been absolutely terrible. Bad to the extent they don't even think he gives quality scout team reps. I'd heard from a USC booster friend that Nelson wasn't even going to be the backup for their bowl game but damn still shocking to see him hit the portal after just one year. 

I've heard similar, but you'd think he could be developed. Maybe Nelson didn't wanna wait.

Nelson isn't too mobile either. I couldn't see him having success under Riley anyway.

So, two of the guys that were ranked ahead of Arch in at least one of the rankings (Nelson, Moore) are now in the portal. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I've heard similar, but you'd think he could be developed. Maybe Nelson didn't wanna wait.

Nelson isn't too mobile either. I couldn't see him having success under Riley anyway.

So, two of the guys that were ranked ahead of Arch in at least one of the rankings (Nelson, Moore) are now in the portal. 

So the supposed qb whisperer and Heisman maker can't take a 5 star qb and make him at least serviceable for a meaningless bowl game?

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

Personally, I would much prefer Florida. Florida can pay better than Ole Miss and has a better recruiting base and it would be much easier to turn around Florida than try to maintain Alabama given the new world of NIL. Florida over Ole Miss seems like an easy choice.

Not to mention he’d just loot his Ole Miss roster through the portal and bring them to Gainesville. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Droopy said:

I’m genuinely shocked that I never knew his name was pronounced any way other than Malachi (Ma-La-Chi). 

I beg to differ. Ever been to Indianapolis? I was there for a trial (district court), and the case before mine was a local resident suing the city for replacing his vehicle tires due to poor road conditions. Crazy pot holes left in disrepair for years. Guy proved his case well beyond need and put a spotlight on the city attorneys that were fumbling to respond to evidence and violations of SOPs/policies. The judge found in favor of the resident and ordered immediate repair of that guys entire street. My local attorney that was with me asked what I thought of the drive over with a slight smile. It was the bumpiest road I’ve ever been on. We had to zig zag through streets or turn around completely because the street was just “closed”. Chunks of pavement missing the size of Kim K’s ass. 

When I was moving from DC to Denver the night of the "take the loss pussy" game I hit a pothole so big my truck and motorcycle caught some air in Indianapolis. I thought for sure I was going to lose a motorcycle or both. Thankfully I did not by the time I got to Terre Haute I took the motorcycles off the trailer and realigned then (they were sideways). The next morning on my walk around I noticed my passenger front tire sidewall had ruptured and I was so close to total failure but thankfully was able to replace the tire before it blew. Got real lucky but yeah....

TL:DR fuck Indianapolis

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

You clearly haven’t driven in much of the country if you believe this.
Actually I have (travel quite a bit). Here's where a study by US News and World Report has us: 32 out of 50 (2 places above Mississippi). Sorry if reality impacts you're "yeehaw Texas" worldview

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/infrastructure/transportation/road-quality
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

Actually I have (travel quite a bit). Here's where a study by US News and World Report has us: 32 out of 50 (2 places above Mississippi). Sorry if reality impacts you're "yeehaw Texas" worldview

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/infrastructure/transportation/road-quality

That list was created with a lot of liberal biases. Worried about shit like equality and acceptance. They ding Texas on shit that doesn’t fucking matter. Give me somewhere you can live that you can afford to live in something other than a studio apartment and you can make decent money. That’s where I wanna live. Stay in your own lane and take care of your own. 

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 26

5 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

That list was created with a lot of liberal biases. Worried about shit like equality and acceptance. They ding Texas on shit that doesn’t fucking matter. Give me somewhere you can live that you can afford to live in something other than a studio apartment and you can make decent money. That’s where I wanna live. Stay in your own lane and take care of your own. 

Arguing housing affordability as a pro for Texas… Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 5

53 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

To be fair, Texas has a fuck ton more roads to take care of than...checks notes...99% of other states. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

IMO Ole Miss is the SMU of the South with a shittier education and non existent admission requirements. Plenty of snobby wealthy students and alumni. Quite a few from Dallas and Houston. 

Ole Miss isn’t the SMU of the south that would be Tulane, Ole Miss is making hay off the upperclass kids from GA, TX, and FL that couldn’t get into UT, UGA, or UF but don’t have quite the money or social status for SMU, Tulane or Vandy. Arkansas is doing a similar thing but they are picking up the A&M rejects that would have gone to one of A&M or UT system schools.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Idiots Off Topic
42 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

To be fair, Texas has a fuck ton more roads to take care of than...checks notes...99% of other states. 

Texas has more road milage than any other state by a significant margin with 683,533 miles. In fact, only 5 countries (not counting the United Sates as a whole) have more road mileage than Texas.

• Hook 'Em 7

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.