2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Maybe it’s just the season, but whenever you follow CTJ around the site forcefully parroting his takes, I always picture you as this little guy

image.gif.d0c0487b79838513aea5d4a592dea2a7.gif

Haha. I’ve got pictures of a lot of you in my head.  When he was going off on turf wars, I just kept hearing/seeing this guy

IMG_5501.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

My goodness, ERob is absolutely ransacking the house on the way out. The only reason they still have a lamp is because it is bolted down. 

I know we love to beat on aggy, and I love it too. Just want to say that I saw Fadill Diggs in a recruits stream yesterday. I think it was Smith's? Telling them to go to A&M. I thought that was nice tbh. Just because Robinson is raiding that roster its nice to see Diggs have a bit of integrity.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I know we love to beat on aggy, and I love it too. Just want to say that I saw Fadill Diggs in a recruits stream yesterday. I think it was Smith's? Telling them to go to A&M. I thought that was nice tbh. Just because Robinson is raiding that roster its nice to see Diggs have a bit of integrity.

comedy central cc GIF by Inside Amy Schumer

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I won't ever understand why they let him hang around and poach players.  It's makes absolutely no sense.  He's not keeping anything together.

It reminds me of weak executive teams at tech companies. They just let issues fester and fester, getting worse and worse, rather than face some temporary pain to fix a problem once and for all. It’s really weak management. Of course, it’s why I end up with plenty of consulting work, so not all bad.  

2024 Texas Transfer Tracker (Updated 12/21/23 5:00pm)

On3 Transfer Portal Wire: https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2024/
This is the quick hits for Texas-related transfers only.

Out:
Offense
WR Casey Cain (UNLV), WR Isaiah Neyor, OL Sawyer Goram-Welch, QB Maalik Murphy
Defense
S BJ Allen (North Texas), S Jalen Catalon, CB X'Avion Brice (North Texas), S Larry Turner-Gooden (San Jose State), DL Kris Ross

In: 
Offense
WR Matthew Golden
Defense
DB Andrew Mukuba

Targets (Estimated Needs): 

TE (0-1) Holden Staes (Notre Dame)

WR (1-2)  Antwane "Juice" Wells Jr. (South Carolina); Deion Burks (Purdue); Matthew Golden (Houston; visited 12/15)

DE (0-1) Trey Moore (UTSA; visited 12/9)

DL (0-1) Jamaree Caldwell (Houston)

DB (1-2) Andrew Mukuba (Clemson; visited 12/15)

K/P (1) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

At first glance, I thought this guy really needed to hurry and finish his photo shoot so he could run take a piss.

IMG_2769.thumb.jpeg.e9e391773ae0313982a252cc88de59aa.jpeg

His dad is the Assistant Athletic Director for Equipment and Apparel at a&m. So PWO and might get free tuition anyways. Good pickup tbh, though very low impact.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

His dad is the Assistant Athletic Director for Equipment and Apparel at a&m. So PWO and might get free tuition anyways. Good pickup tbh, though very low impact.

Why is a random nepotism driven signing a good pickup?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Xavier Worthy’s high school teammate. Put up big stats at Cal. 

Is a good player… didn’t get utilized super well and wants to get showcased in his final year.  Feels like a #3 wr at a school like Texas.  A poor man’s AD Mitchell

• Hook 'Em 3

What I don't understand is how is it allowed by the NCAA, give a recruit's dad the lowliest faculty job and his kid gets a scholly that does not go into the limit? They made a good rule for dual scholarship players, the team that makes the most revenue loses the scholarship. But the above is skirting this logic.

Edited by linux
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

Is a good player… didn’t get utilized super well and wants to get showcased in his final year.  Feels like a #3 wr at a school like Texas.  A poor man’s AD Mitchell

He will end up at a good school.

My bet is somebody like USC, Oregon, or Washington has already been tampering with him in that area. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

With how much of a mess Stewart is, could I possibly ask for him to not get any deal he really likes to leave and decide to go back to aggy for one more go, just to finish his goal of toxify the locker room and destroying the WR room as he walks off in game 6

This is the way.

If aggy isn't the top bidder yet again it might be a sign they've learned something.  Or just that they're poor.

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

He will end up at a good school.

My bet is somebody like USC, Oregon, or Washington has already been tampering with him in that area. 

Haven’t heard any specific whispers with him but it wouldn’t surprise me.  He’s not a #1 at a big time school IMO but he’s be an excellent piece in a top end WR room.  Decent size, thick for a WR, good but not elite speed, good hands, good route runner.  Had the other teams top CB on him for the last 2 years and still pulled 60 balls a year in awful to so-so offenses.  

26 minutes ago, linux said:

What I don't understand is how is it allowed by the NCAA, give a recruit's dad the lowliest faculty job and his kid gets a scholly that does not go into the limit? They made a good rule for dual scholarship players, the team that makes the most revenue loses the scholarship. But the above is skirting this logic.

I don’t think that’s true because Price’s son was on the 85 man limit. They might find him money but just because your parent is faculty doesn’t mean it’s 100% paid for. 

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Blooch is the new preferred nomenclature. I am desperate to get this to happen and have no problem spamming the boards with it. 

You seek the bravest and finest knights in the land to join you in your court at Scholz Garden?  I will join in this holy effort!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, linux said:

His dad has worked there for more than two decades (before the kid was even born) and is fairly high up in th AD. Kid’s a low three star. This isn’t a scandal

3 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

They are on target to have like 68-70 athletes on scholarship after the next few enter the portal and the unsigned commits go elsewhere. He prob assumes one will for sure be left over for him

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.