2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Eh, there's a pecking order.   There are cruises for everyone, including the snobbiest people in your triangle area.

Viking does a 3 month cruise from Alaska to Antarctica to South America for like $80,000. Probably an interesting clientele that has that kind of money and enjoys being on a ship for that long at a time. 

• Drool 1

If you’re not feeling less and less positive about this one as it drags on, good on you. I’m to the point of favoring Bama. 
Is it possible Traylor low key negs us these days? Totally different program from top to bottom from when he was here, but who knows.

“Mike Mitchell reminds me of a young, smaller Brian Cushing,” said Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell, comparing Mitchell to the Pro Bowl linebacker for the Houston Texans. “He has the same build, the same mannerisms. He has the same work ethic.”
Since Cushing's body was at least 85% steroids, not sure being smaller isn't a bigger con than it seems.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Need a TE (sanders coming back fixes that), need a WR (Mitchell coming back fixed that), need a punter. 

so far so good 3 takes in, flipping Filsame, and signing this kid out in CA at WR. 
I’m assuming Majors, Gbenda and Blackwell are back. If we hit my list (and 2 or 3 more high school recruits plus those guys I mentioned in Majors and LB’s coming back) we might actually lose 2 or 3 guys I could see myself squinting and working up a slight care about- but so far the portal has been fucking awesome for us both with who is showing up next year and who we are forcing to move on out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Need a TE (sanders coming back fixes that), need a WR (Mitchell coming back fixed that), need a punter. 

so far so good 3 takes in, flipping Filsame, and signing this kid out in CA at WR. 
I’m assuming Majors, Gbenda and Blackwell are back. If we hit my list (and 2 or 3 more high school recruits plus those guys I mentioned in Majors and LB’s coming back) we might actually lose 2 or 3 guys I could see myself squinting and working up a slight care about- but so far the portal has been fucking awesome for us both with who is showing up next year and who we are forcing to move on out. 

Would still like a DT, but you find many quality ones in the portal.  Houston guy would have been perfect.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Banks seems to really like the incoming HS punter.

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Fixes vs fixed…typo or intentional?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If you’re not feeling less and less positive about this one as it drags on, good on you. I’m to the point of favoring Bama. 

6 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

Same. I have gone from feeling like this one was a lock to a spot where I will be surprised if he chooses the Horns.

Sponge Bob Shut Up GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Banks seems to really like the incoming HS punter.

55 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

During his signing day PC, Sark said new guy was best punter in the country and made it sound like he’s the man from Day 1 next year

I’m aware. We also had an Aussie that was the second coming of Big Dick Mike and that didn’t exactly work out. We should get a grad transfer punter. No reason not to. 

53 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

Fixes vs fixed…typo or intentional?

Typo. Sorry. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We should do whatever Sark and the staff want to do. 

Is the HS punter an EE?  If so I guess that takes some of the worry off of him being untested,  it I really don’t want to see us run into next year with the guy taking his first collegiate snap in Ann Arbor. 
I don’t anticipate punting during game 1. 

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Is the HS punter an EE?  If so I guess that takes some of the worry off of him being untested,  it I really don’t want to see us run into next year with the guy taking his first collegiate snap in Ann Arbor. 

I don't believe Kern is an EE. We have a freshman Punter from Atascosita on the roster backing up Sanborn this year. Also I believe Will Stone can punt as well. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I fully expect him to be our starting punter from Day 1….and still redshirt. This is Surly after all; we’re nothing if not reasonable with our expectations.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, fellside said:

Moore, Burke, Sorrell, Finkley, Tapp, Simmons is a lot of quality competition. I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided to portal after the spring game.

Finley and Tapp would be the two I’d lose the least amount of sleep over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.