2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

36 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Collins played pretty well this year. I assume he got the “look at Sweat/Coburn” sell and will be in the first rotation. If he works and plays with the contract year motivation Sweat did he could definitely be an all SEC type and make himself some money.

He’s two years older and wiser, and probably has an easier time accepting that his pro prospects are likely better at S than CB. At least that’s the narrative I’m running with if that ultimately comes to fruition.

I am assuming both Collins and Watts have had consultations regarding their pro prospects and got word that they need to 1) return to college (Collins) and 2) change to safety (Watts).

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

A+ for the thread title change. 

The Denver Harris news is incredible. It seems like he'd have to be paying into the school's NIL collective to come back, but with aggy you never can tell. 

Maybe he's having a problem just getting a scholarship. I wouldn't be surprised if NIL was something he'd have to earn. How much negative value might his name, image, or likeness have if he fucks up again?

56 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Is Broughton coming back too? I thought he had another year.

I have no insight there. I will say that his mama and several other of his family members made the trip to Iowa State. Mama was very engaged with the other parents and into the game.

My two cents...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

I have no insight there. I will say that his mama and several other of his family members made the trip to Iowa State. Mama was very engaged with the other parents and into the game.

My two cents...

I think Broughton stays to get his degree, and maybe he takes that SR year Coburn leap.

Collins, Mitchell, Carter, Broughton, Bledsoe, Bryant, and hopefully Caldwell would allow Texas to RS the current class.

• Drool 1

Proud of what Blue has become throughout the season. From wanting to transfer to stepping up when needed and provided a nice combo with Baxter. Not sure you can really take him off the field next season. 
The transfer thing was very short lived, seems like it didn't take much for Choice or Sark to get him down off the ledge. Seems like he wants to be a Longhorn and finish his career here, and after what I've seen the latter half of the season, (fumble issues aside) I'm ok with that. If he can hold off Baxter, Gibson and the other one coming in who's name escapes me then the dude has the chops to be RB1.

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think our DL is going to be better next year. 

Assuming all 3 of those interior DL are at Texas next year we will be very experienced and talented inside. A drop-off from Sweat and Murphy but not terrible. Then with the Edge additions of Moore and Simmons we should be much more talented at that position. 

Overall, I really like this DL moving forward if Trill returns and they land Caldwell. 

Everyone assumes Collins is leaving. If so he's getting some really bad advice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Have we heard anything else on Jake Majors? He walked on senior day but it's hard to imagine him not coming back.

He is dating Jenna Wenaas on the VB team, so maybe he sticks around for another year. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I think Broughton stays to get his degree, and maybe he takes that SR year Coburn leap.

Collins, Mitchell, Carter, Broughton, Bledsoe, Bryant, and hopefully Caldwell would allow Texas to RS the current class.

If we get Caldwell that helps a ton on the inside. If not, it wouldn't surprise me to see January get some snaps. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought Earl Little was going to be good - his dad played a number of years in the NFL - I also maybe was a little biased because I liked Larry Little (probably not related) - Larry Little was before my time but I met him at the hotel where the Dolphins and Vikings were staying in Houston in Miami's undefeated Super Bowl season when I was really, really young.

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If we get Caldwell that helps a ton on the inside. If not, it wouldn't surprise me to see January get some snaps. 

Pretty sure you don't want to rely on a true freshman DT being a factor. Put him in the oven just like you should OL.

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I met him at the hotel where the Dolphins and Vikings were staying in Houston in Miami's undefeated Super Bowl season when I was really, really young.

The Dolphins played Washington in the SB of their undefeated season I think…but yes, played Minn at Rice Stadium.

27 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

The Dolphins played Washington in the SB of their undefeated season I think…but yes, played Minn at Rice Stadium.

It was '71, I think, when they played Minnesota. I had a Miami pennant hanging in my room growing up with signatures of all the Miami and Minnesota players. I guess I was so young that the Minnesota guys didn't mind signing it. When was Miami's undefeated season? 

24 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It was '71, I think, when they played Minnesota. I had a Miami pennant hanging in my room growing up with signatures of all the Miami and Minnesota players. I guess I was so young that the Minnesota guys didn't mind signing it. When was Miami's undefeated season? 

'72

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.