2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Seriously are yall fucking desperate for QB? He sucked at Texas, he sucked at Nebraska, I don't know where he went after Nebraska but I'm pretty sure he sucked dicks there too.

Florida Atlantic with Herman. And yes he did.

@Constant, huge whiner whose dad is buddies with journalists so he makes sure every one of his kid's mistakes is reported as the school's fault.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Seriously are yall fucking desperate for QB? He sucked at Texas, he sucked at Nebraska, I don't know where he went after Nebraska but I'm pretty sure he sucked dicks there too.

Have you seen Davis Beville and General Booty play football? Need a backup QB and it’s hard to find a guy willing to accept that role in this world. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We finally get Catalon healthy and he bolts the day after we make the playoff? 

He hasn't been healthy in over 2 years. The idea he was going to be a huge contributor in the playoffs was nothing but false hope. 

5 minutes ago, Constant said:

I get all the negatives. But he’s better than what we have, to be honest. 

You say that until his dad starts drama because his son isn't starting. 

Which will almost certainly happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

That's yall fault for offering a scholarship to a dumb motherfucker named General Booty. 

We were in an even worse position when that happened. This is still a group that was heavily fucked by Riley and his shenanigans. I’ll take what I can get til the timing of recruits gets back to normal. Hawkins will need to RS. 

Just now, Liquor and Poker said:

I thought he really fucked up his leg this season- like “maybe you should stop” level.  

Perhaps, I don’t know anything about that. I just know he and the football are pretty far along in talks. 

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Surprised about catalon but here’s where I come out on the news…

Fuck him. Dont let the door hit you on the way out

Why? I don't think there's any bad blood here. The dude just can't stay healthy. 

If anything this was a mutual parting of ways if Catalon wanted to return next year. You think Texas wants a safety on the roster that hasn't been healthy in 2.5 years? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Constant said:

We were in an even worse position when that happened. This is still a group that was heavily fucked by Riley and his shenanigans. I’ll take what I can get til the timing of recruits gets back to normal. Hawkins will need to RS. 

Perhaps, I don’t know anything about that. I just know he and the football are pretty far along in talks. 

You'll get shit here for it but he's a good QB2 take, if he knows that's what he is. Surely the last three years would be a bit humbling for both he and his father. 

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

It's going to be very difficult moving forward for any Texas portal exits to be considered anything but healthy attrition.

uhhhh let's not get too far out in front of ourselves here

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If Ewers goes to the NFL, they would go after a non-NIL-requiring super senior or senior with some credible starting experience that would be grateful for the chance to be an emergency back-up at Texas. The NIL requirements this cycle are off the charts for everyone, Texas included. 

If stories are to be believed, Nolan's camp expects a rather significant payday. He's not nearly as productive as the financial demands would merit. Plus, he's a pussy. I sure as shit hope Texas isn't doing anything stupid on this one.

For hygiene's sake, I didn't say "never". I said that Texas allegedly was interested, and then rattled off like 10 reasons why I, personally, do not want the guy anywhere near the UT program. Whoever said he is a good teammate is categorically incorrect. There are comparable takes from the portal that would cost less, come with less baggage, and would be excited about playing for Texas.

This cycle?

isn’t this just the norm / isn’t this just going to become pricer and pricer every year?

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

You'll get shit here for it but he's a good QB2 take, if he knows that's what he is. Surely the last three years would be a bit humbling for both he and his father. 

uhhhh let's not get too far out in front of ourselves here

Not too worried about his father. The conversations better have started with an understanding that it’s a QB2 role only. The NFL is out of the picture. He can go to OU and do well with NIL, hold a clipboard, and start figuring out the next phase of life. 

21 minutes ago, Constant said:

I get all the negatives. But he’s better than what we have, to be honest. 

You are 1000% correct in every post you've made on Casey Thompson and his potential to serve as QB2 at blOU. He's a better option than currently exists on your roster and will keep the Sooner Schooner afloat* in the face of abject disaster. 

And what an indictment of the program that is. 

Spoiler

crash-horse-carriage.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

You are 1000% correct in every post you've made on Casey Thompson and his potential to serve as QB2 at blOU. He's a better option than currently exists on your roster and will keep the Sooner Schooner afloat* in the face of abject disaster. 

And what an indictment of the program that is. 

Reveal hidden contents

crash-horse-carriage.gif

IMG_5725.jpeg.33fa5a0f0c5922c6edc8d349492de34f.jpeg

Is this fuck standing over your shoulder as you type that? Of course it’s an indictment. A veteran player slotting into the backup role helps fix the problem. 

22 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Why? I don't think there's any bad blood here. The dude just can't stay healthy. 

If anything this was a mutual parting of ways if Catalon wanted to return next year. You think Texas wants a safety on the roster that hasn't been healthy in 2.5 years? 

Word. If that’s the case then all the best to him 

8 minutes ago, Constant said:

IMG_5725.jpeg.33fa5a0f0c5922c6edc8d349492de34f.jpeg

Is this fuck standing over your shoulder as you type that? Of course it’s an indictment. A veteran player slotting into the backup role helps fix the problem. 

My man. 

Lincoln Riley did y'all dirty, I agree. Venables was handed a tough situation. But, at some point, Venables becomes accountable for his roster. Wouldn't you agree that he and Lebby have mismanaged the QB room? To what extent do you hold them accountable for *literally* playing games without a viable player at the position? 

If you want to pin that all on Riley, be my guest. He's a fucking loser. I don't pin it on Riley. The rape enabling fuck in StarkVegas and generally affable first time head coach did that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

No need for you to apologize.

I won't ever claim to be Mr. Insider but the dude was checked out for weeks and packed up his stuff shortly after the CFP announcement. I wouldn't just make that up.

No worries, you had the info. Congrats on being right.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

No worries, you had the info. Congrats on being right.

I didn’t want to say the dude said peace out before he publicly put his name in the portal so that’s why I worded it the way I did.

Sorry if I came across as an asshole. Wasn’t my intention. I saw the same thing you saw Saturday in terms of engagement on the sideline and him being excited but he was operating different behind the scenes.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I didn’t want to say the dude said peace out before he publicly put his name in the portal so that’s why I worded it the way I did.

Sorry if I came across as an asshole. Wasn’t my intention. I saw the same thing you saw Saturday in terms of engagement on the sideline and him being excited but he was operating different behind the scenes.

It's surly everyone is an asshole. That is why I don't care. I just thought it was odd to see how engaged he was during the game. It just didn't square with my eyes.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He started getting snaps against Iowa State again but played sparingly since then. 

My guess is the staff pretty much said "fuck it we aren't wasting any more snaps on a guy this injury prone." Hard to blame Catalon if he did check out late in the season with the injury history and recognizing the staff probably passed up on him.

That's just a guess though. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

He started getting snaps against Iowa State again but played sparingly since then. 

My guess is the staff pretty much said "fuck it we aren't wasting any more snaps on a guy this injury prone." Hard to blame Catalon if he did check out late in the season with the injury history and recognizing the staff probably passed up on him.

That's just a guess though. 

Limited practice snaps out there. At some point, you want the people that are actually going to play to be the ones taking those snaps even if they aren't as talented as others. Wish the best for him. When he played, he played well. 

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

My man. 

Lincoln Riley did y'all dirty, I agree. Venables was handed a tough situation. But, at some point, Venables becomes accountable for his roster. Wouldn't you agree that he and Lebby have mismanaged the QB room? To what extent do you hold them accountable for *literally* playing games without a viable player at the position? 

If you want to pin that all on Riley, be my guest. He's a fucking loser. I don't pin it on Riley. The rape enabling fuck in StarkVegas and generally affable first time head coach did that. 

Oh, I 100% agree Lebby and Venables are also to blame. The decimation began with Riley, though. Taking Williams and M. Nelson with him to USC fucked everything. 

Lebby and Venables bringing in Gabriel was a positive, but everything else to set the room right was a failure. I can’t even put into words how bad Lebby was as a quarterback coach and manager of his room. What happened at QB in ‘22 should never happen at OU. Lebby got Arnold on campus, and I give him credit for that, but he also managed to fuck Arnolds first year as well. Just monumental levels of bull shit. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.