2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t see what Baker has to do with landing these three tackles. They are all connected to Nansen and NIL is doing the rest of the work. 

Forget it Newy, it’s billfromlaketravistown. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'm such an idiot. I looked up all those names thinking they were transfer players.

The first reference to Kenny Baker, whom I suspected was a lineman, was to this guy:

spacer.png

Now you know why I pos rep links to players.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, statsman said:

Sooners ON3 is very optimistic about sealing it with Damonic Williams this weekend. Does anyone here know any more?

What is known is that others were ahead of Texas on planning for that situation, unlike with Toia, the Arizona white guy, Alexander or another few that could materialize. 

I’ve thought all along since Williams announced that it would be a hail mary for Texas to land him. 

• Haha 1

He may also see how many Texas is taking and think he won't get the snaps he wants. 

Honestly the spring game didn't look as bad as I was thinking. It's only one exhibition but the addition of Toia and Norton seem like they may be enough there. They may need to find 2 new DB coaches in the portal though

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 4

The Arizona DL is a large human being. Just saw him at The Four Seasons lobby. Send me $9.95 and I’ll tell you what shirt he was wearing.

And Jay Toia is also here, and looks like he has an unpleasant disposition.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

He may also see how many Texas is taking and think he won't get the snaps he wants. 

Honestly the spring game didn't look as bad as I was thinking. It's only one exhibition but the addition of Toia and Norton seem like they may be enough there. They may need to find 2 new DB coaches in the portal though

Our safeties, including veterans look lost still. I’m about to go Office Space on Gideon and ask what is it that you do here? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Our safeties, including veterans look lost still. I’m about to go Office Space on Gideon and ask what is it that you do here? 

For some reason, he spends an inordinate amount of time each practice on catching fluttering, tipped passes. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Terrance Brooks at corner also completely blew an easy coverage assignment on the Arch to Moore TD bomb. I think both the DB coaches should be on notice if this is how they've looked this spring. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

That's always been the disadvantage of having a DC who wasn't a good secondary coach first.   He doesn't seem to be able to correct this sort of thing.  We just wander along blaming it on lack of pass rush, youth at DB, and eventually DB coach.

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That's always been the disadvantage of having a DC who wasn't a good secondary coach first.   He doesn't seem to be able to correct this sort of thing.  We just wander along blaming it on lack of pass rush, youth at DB, and eventually DB coach.

Soooooo... Fire PK?

Is Nansen next up at DC?

15 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Blaming the DC for the development of the secondary?

OGd-pNr75YaH0F6bmYa2YJhId1IcCuqcG7tuMWCj

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

This is absolutely bs the development of the secondary is on the secondary coaches. Now if the coverage doesn’t match what you’re running up front then that is 1000% on the DC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Terrance Brooks at corner also completely blew an easy coverage assignment on the Arch to Moore TD bomb. I think both the DB coaches should be on notice if this is how they've looked this spring. 

Are you trying to say Terry Joseph is not a good coach/developer of talent? 
I am shocked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Would read again.

Wanted to make a joke about our DB coach but then decided against it so as not to derail the thread. Seems like it got derailed anyways. 

I mean let’s not act like Joseph was known for being an excellent DB coach and Gideon was known more for Specal teams! 

I believe Sark may know this hence he was trying to bring in Duane Akina or when he brought in Patterson. 

Someone needs to let Sark know if they not it, fire em, but I do believe Sark knows the recruiting Joseph brings specially in Louisiana 

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah Gideon and TJ should be on thin ice

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ahahaha you're posting a fucking Big Game Boomer list as a serious talking point?

Even aside from the fact it's pure clickbait, he's a diehard Sooner who always ranks UT things as low as possible.

I didn't know Van Malone was highly regarded. He looks like an old 53, though.

Someone can correct me if I heard incorrectly, but I think Gerry said right now OU would be the leaders for Damonic Williams, but only because Texas didn't know he was coming out. Said they put together a good NIL pacakge but that obviously Texas was prepared meet. Also said this one is going to come down to fit/culture.

Someone can correct me if I heard incorrectly, but I think Gerry said right now OU would be the leaders for Damonic Williams, but only because Texas didn't know he was coming out. Said they put together a good NIL pacakge but that obviously Texas was prepared meet. Also said this one is going to come down to fit/culture.

This nil bs needs to come to its ultimate conclusion where athletic departments pay players directly and there are salary caps and shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

This nil bs needs to come to its ultimate conclusion where athletic departments pay players directly and there are salary caps and shit.

Then it is back to the old days.

• Hook 'Em 8

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.