2024 Transfer Thread - Old Guys Waxing Nostalgic About WW2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It was one or two of the potential transfers we were after in December. He initially said that but apparently got info that he did an about face on that point.

Trey Moore was the one that they thought wouldn't get all his credits transferred.

Austin Jordan visiting TCU this weekend.

This got me thinking, what happened to Terrence Cooks? Maybe we were just so starved for good LB play at the time, but he seemed like someone who had promise then bolted halfway through his freshman year in 2021 and ended up at TCU.

52 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

TIL the St. John Bosco head coach's name is Jason Negro.

I probably would have changed my name to Jason Negro-Modelo

You know theres nothing stopping you from changing your name to that right now, it actually doesn't matter what your name is they will let you change it to whatever you want usually

• Haha 1

Hey Little Brother: you’re broke! You paid too much for a shitty coach and then you fired that shitty coach out of fear we’d leave you behind, while still having to pay him AND that fat tub of goo you hired to replace him. 

Texas A&M is ruled by unbridled emotion. Their oldest turdition. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

You know theres nothing stopping you from changing your name to that right now, it actually doesn't matter what your name is they will let you change it to whatever you want usually

I have a pretty awesome 4 syllable Italian  last name, that gets lots of compliments, so no thanks...but if my last name were Negro that would be a different story.

Damonic Williams Tuesday Morning Update

TCU transfer defensive tackle Damonic Williams arrived in Baton Rouge for his LSU visit Monday evening. He will remain on campus today before heading back to Fort Worth tonight or early Wednesday morning. 

OnTexasFootball believes Oklahoma, Texas and LSU are all very much in the picture. Oklahoma and LSU have an inviting depth chart if Williams chooses to be a heavy snap player in what he hopes will be his final year in college. Williams is also fond of the Texas program, and sees opportunity despite the Longhorns already taking two transfers on the interior. 

It's not out of the question Oklahoma and Texas will meet with the 6-1.5, 315 pounder Wednesday afternoon prior to decision Wednesday night or Thursday/Friday.

-Gerry

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

TCU transfer defensive tackle Damonic Williams arrived in Baton Rouge for his LSU visit Monday evening. He will remain on campus today before heading back to Fort Worth tonight or early Wednesday morning. 

OnTexasFootball believes Oklahoma, Texas and LSU are all very much in the picture. Oklahoma and LSU have an inviting depth chart if Williams chooses to be a heavy snap player in what he hopes will be his final year in college. Williams is also fond of the Texas program, and sees opportunity despite the Longhorns already taking two transfers on the interior. 

It's not out of the question Oklahoma and Texas will meet with the 6-1.5, 315 pounder Wednesday afternoon prior to decision Wednesday night or Thursday/Friday.

-Gerry

bobby reiterated ou in this one multiple times so far on his show this morning, fwiw 

• Rage+1 3

Terry Bussey as a "generational talent" is a new one for me. Nice prospect, sure. Guy I'd be happy to have on our roster, sure. But by that logic the state of Texas is producing like 5 "generational talents" per year, which feels like it doesn't quite add up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

bobby reiterated ou in this one multiple times so far on his show this morning, fwiw 

OU talked him into the portal. Hopefully, money, NFL draft, and college playoffs play a role in the final decision.

• Hook 'Em 1

Purely based on limited observation, it seems like the teams that coax a player into the portal are usually the ones that win out since they have already done a lot of the legwork making their pitch through intermediaries.  Big example that come to mind is Drew Sanders with Arkansas.

Curious if anyone feels differently.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Didn't the aggies lure someone to the portal last year and the guy ended up at USC? I'd think it's player specific and if a team wants him bad enough there is a NIL deal good enough to change said players mind even if lured.

yeah i think it was a LB 

Purely based on limited observation, it seems like the teams that coax a player into the portal are usually the ones that win out since they have already done a lot of the legwork making their pitch through intermediaries.  Big example that come to mind is Drew Sanders with Arkansas.

Yeah it’s gonna be OU

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

Terry Bussey as a "generational talent" is a new one for me. Nice prospect, sure. Guy I'd be happy to have on our roster, sure. But by that logic the state of Texas is producing like 5 "generational talents" per year, which feels like it doesn't quite add up.

Called little brother syndrome. Anything to make themselves feel better.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

-Gerry

TFB saying Missouri is the one to look out for in this one. 

2 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

OU = Big Red Motors
Texas = Lambo
Advantage: A&M

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Wayne said:

CJ/OTF: 

Texas will host San Jose State CB Jayvion Cole for a visit Thursday he confirms with OTF.

Cole tells me the trip to Austin will be his first visit since entering the portal Monday afternoon.

Auburn is another team that is expected to receive a visit, though no date has been set at the moment. Cole also mentioned he is unsure if he will visit Michigan State, despite receiving an offer from the Spartans this morning.

Cole saw 672 snaps last year for SJSU where he allowed 22 receptions on 48 targets for a 45.8% completion percentage. The 5-foot-11 cornerback also hauled in three interceptions and allowed just one touchdown on the season.

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

CJ/OTF: 

Texas will host San Jose State CB Jayvion Cole for a visit Thursday he confirms with OTF.

Cole tells me the trip to Austin will be his first visit since entering the portal Monday afternoon.

Auburn is another team that is expected to receive a visit, though no date has been set at the moment. Cole also mentioned he is unsure if he will visit Michigan State, despite receiving an offer from the Spartans this morning.

Cole saw 672 snaps last year for SJSU where he allowed 22 receptions on 48 targets for a 45.8% completion percentage. The 5-foot-11 cornerback also hauled in three interceptions and allowed just one touchdown on the season.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

He was also a huge momentum boost for Elko when he was getting started. A breathless world awaited Bussey's decision.

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don’t suppose anyone here watched a bunch of San Jose St football last year.

Someone at IT cashed against him last year. Said he’s legit good, would play right away and is a draft able level dude for sure. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Old Guys Waxing Nostalgic About WW2