Happy LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2023!

TexLonghorn

I’ve only drank with lesbians a few times and they were lightweights.  I have, however, had several nights drinking and partying with gay men that went into the mid morning.  I don’t what you guys have going on chemically but holy shit, guys literally half my size just going through hundreds of dollars in booze and other stuff for hours and hours on end.  Fun times.

hope everybody stays safe this month/year.  You get the chance, buy a bud light, throw it at Ted Cruz, then enjoy your drink of choice.  You were born this way but you can choose to drink good beer and choose not to be like Ted Cruz.  Nature’s gifts are vast and sometimes go unappreciated   

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/1/2023 at 11:19 AM, Pancho said:

One of the reasons I said Texas will fit in fine with the SEC is because of the replies to this post. Our “fanbase” isn’t any different than those of current SEC members.

Spot on. Sad, but oh so true. Depressing. 

There's gotta be a significant chunk of UT that is conservative and MAGA. I doubt it changed much from when I was at UT in 1980s-1990s—though UT was generally liberal, there were boatloads of frat/sorority conservatives at UT, especially in the capitalist business school. Same with all the Christians on campus then and now. So no surprise there is MAGA-GQP fascism at UT.

Lulz for those on the Surly football board who think the UT move to SEC was only about $$$ and "big boy" football. The UT-OU move was nothing less than SEC-MAGA-Confederate Conference colonizing Texas and Oklahoma. It was a post-BLM, post-Covid move orchestrated at the highest levels, well above Del Conte and even above Hartzell. Abbott, Board of Regents, and Big Money Donors were all on board. No way Abbott, BOR, or Big Money lets Texas join the Woke Conference in California. 

Face it, UT may well be largely liberal (especially among faculty), but it is now in the MAGA Confederate conference. Makes me want to puke.  I'll be honest, I doubt I will watch any of the games, except OU and maybe A&M, Bama, Florida.

Edited by BevoAbyss

36 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Conservatives fixin' to boycott Dallas?

Dallas-pride-skyline.jpg

That's awesome. Keep all the conservatives out of Dallas County. That's more Collin County's speed. Especially if you like storming the Capitol. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

MLB caved and changed their logo back so the radicals and bigots are celebrating a win 

Part of the reason MLB is getting left in the dust by other sports. MLB is going to have a huge problem going forward as the olds die off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I almost think it's a sport to these trolls. They're so emboldened now because of getting Target to give into their terrorist demands that now they think they can bully any company or organization. Again, my response would be to block any of the hateful comments. You can just go away and not be a customer then. 

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I don't even know where this goes (perhaps we should have a separate thread) but another youth pastor was caught videotaping a woman as she showered.

https://www.rawstory.com/pastor-arrested-2660765873/

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/30017-youth-ministers-and-other-pervs-thread-of-shame/?do=findComment&comment=5273053

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, and the guy's Hitler Youth haircut was a nice cherry on top.  And to prove we're in a simulation, he'll claim at trial, "Your honor, I wasn't in a good place that day.  I had drank about 8 Bud Lights that I bought at Target.  Goddamnit!"  

Yeah, this thread is just for us to get conservatives to boycott their entire lives, and then I'm posting a quirky but loveable gay themed music video each day to celebrate the month. 

Really, many churches have allowed these pervy pastors to have reign through the entire year, and if they need a month, it's not part of this one.

Not my place to use Pride Month for political or judicial purposes.  But were I to have a vote, I'd deploy some massively marketed website (do gays know anything about like advertising or media?) that features one convicted molester who is in ministry or coaching for that day of June.  So 2 today, 15 on the 15th, 30 on the 30th, etc.  Just to remind the rest of the country that all the parades and shows, no children are being groomed except by the creepy straight guy in your little town.  

I'm in Austin, probably gonna see some dudes in banana hammocks whose best years are behind him and he should grow up and embrace board shorts like a chubby middle aged bear.  But hey, small price to pay to live and let live.  

I hope the thousands of LGBTQ+ young people in corners of this country where just thinking about PRIDE month gets you into trouble in your backwater town see all the positivity and not just the bitching and boycotting.  I would imagine seeing some folks like themselves celebrating their true selves on TV/social media can be inspiring.  And I can see how, sadly, it can be depressing for them because they can't express themselves yet. 

We're all stuck on this fucking rock together with no real idea how we got here, why we're here, or where we go when we die.  So snort a line, grab a drink and a butt-plug, and find somebody to share love with.  

Edited by YGIFS

On 6/1/2023 at 10:19 AM, Pancho said:

Cancel UT! One of the reasons I said Texas will fit in fine with the SEC is because of the replies to this post. Our “fanbase” isn’t any different than those of current SEC members.

god damn that link is fucking depressing. 

Blackrock Funded Chicken? 

Do the chickens even know about their financial backers?  Also makes a kickass band name.

Do these fucking people know like it's Pride Month, you don't have to blow another dude to get in-store coupons.  You can just go shopping and be heterosexual.  

It's just Wal-Mart saying, "Hey, sometimes we sell dish soap and tires to people you don't know that hold hands with other people you don't know of the same gender.  And we'd also like to sell you dish soap and tires, but if you want to shop somewhere else, that's fine too."  

But yeah, I'm dying to see where this NASCAR thing goes this week.  Besides in to the left.  In a circle.  "Man, you must really like Tide."  /ripMitch

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Do the chickens even know about their financial backers?  Also makes a kickass band name.

Do these fucking people know like it's Pride Month, you don't have to blow another dude to get in-store coupons.  You can just go shopping and be heterosexual.  

It's just Wal-Mart saying, "Hey, sometimes we sell dish soap and tires to people you don't know that hold hands with other people you don't know of the same gender.  And we'd also like to sell you dish soap and tires, but if you want to shop somewhere else, that's fine too."  

But yeah, I'm dying to see where this NASCAR thing goes this week.  Besides in to the left.  In a circle.  "Man, you must really like Tide."  /ripMitch

The NASCAR one is the only one that confuses me from a business perspective. Did they not see what happened to Bud Light with respect to catering to their target demographic? I'm interested to see if there is any commercial impact, but props to them for not caving like the others, regardless I guess.

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I’ve only drank with lesbians a few times and they were lightweights.

The wife and I drank with a few of the most beautiful, nice, and curious* lesbians a few months ago; and they could absolutely put them back.  One from Jersey, one from PA, both studying at Tulane.

Fantastic conversations.  

*curious about what it’s like to be old and have kids and shit.  And everything from UT to Tulane to religion to who the fuck remembers.  

On 6/1/2023 at 10:19 AM, Pancho said:

Cancel UT! One of the reasons I said Texas will fit in fine with the SEC is because of the replies to this post. Our “fanbase” isn’t any different than those of current SEC members.

Abbott about to call a special session to defund UT Men's CBB

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Today, for first time, I started getting texts about Blackrock and Vanguard, and how they are behind forcing all these companies to do pride ads. Guessing it’s a Jesse Kelly or similar talking point this week.  Have never heard it before this AM. 

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Oh man, so many thoughts.

--"Morgonn." That's a throwback to the type of name I might have used for a character when I was creating Conan the Barbarian knock-off comics instead of reading "The Crucible." I bet she pronounces it that way. "mor-GONNNN."

--Fried chicken and carbs + late 30s = Morgonn hasn't hit the wall yet, but when she does, that pretty face will expand to pie plate size to match the rest of the new blimp bod. Mix in a salad, MorGONN. A nice big salad with a fried chicken on top and three packs of Bleu cheese, that'll do it.

--Her scrawny side-kick will stay annoyingly scrawny, videos will MorGONN are probably the only meals she eats.

--Did Jesus ever eat fried chicken? I know he could eat whatever he wanted, sure, but if he was sticking to what the locals had to eat, wouldn't it be all tilapia and bread and maybe some olives and dates? Like what Muslims and Orthodox Christians eat? Can MorGONN handle the cook yelling at his cousin in Arabic?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

OK, Day 3.  Almost all conservatives should be unable to read this since Apple and MIcrosoft should both be boycotted, which severely limits getting online.  You can't shop at HEB, Target, or Walmart, so if you're still here, you should really be trying to find some source of food.  But let's say you're still going through your doomsday kits for that and are looking to pass some of your new free time gaming.  Hope you don't have PlayStation, XBox, or Nintendo - gotta boycott them, too.

image.png.e70c35bcec7c1d27c7ab27400170a59b.png

Happy Saturday!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mdmost said:

I almost think it's a sport to these trolls. They're so emboldened now because of getting Target to give into their terrorist demands that now they think they can bully any company or organization. Again, my response would be to block any of the hateful comments. You can just go away and not be a customer then. 

I've already seen family members claiming they'll boycott NASCAR and they've never watched a whole race in their fucking lives. And none of them gave a shit when NASCAR did the same thing last year.

These fucking snowflakes have to be outraged about something all the time.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

The NASCAR one is the only one that confuses me from a business perspective. Did they not see what happened to Bud Light with respect to catering to their target demographic? 

You are confused because you don't know shit about NASCAR.

They've been doing this for years, and it would have been weird if they didn't do it this year.  Hell, last year they flew a rainbow banner over a couple of races in June.

They've had gay-pride merchandise in their online store for years

https://store.nascar.com/nascar-pride/c-2324074542+z-964318-3074488245

And the same people pretending to be mad this year, pretended to be mad last year, and the year before, and the year before that and so on.

This was from last year:

And they even had a gay-pride themed car last year:

And don't get me started on Jeff Gordon, but I can't verify most of what I've heard so I'll refrain.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Is it just me or is the hate online this year much stronger than in the past several years?

there was a poster who ran around claiming that the right hadn't moved and it was actually the left which had moved, and used some gallup polls which compared things gallup thought about asking 2 decades ago (so, not whether elections should just not happen) to back up their point.  from an aggregate level, that was kinda correct, but that masked what was going on - the right had moved left, as it were, on gay rights stuff while generally moving right on other stuff, which made it look like the right hadn't moved much.   

gonna guess the next update of that poll shows the right moving dramatically right.

46 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Is it just me or is the hate online this year much stronger than in the past several years?

It does feel that way. Not sure if there is a bias for me at play (recency bias, online more this year, confirmation bias, etc.) but it does appear that more negative news and momentum against this stuff is being reported.