Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s still an error on a routine fly ball. 
I’ll take runs anyway we can get them but we don’t need to pretend about what happened 

i don't know man.  there is a ton of pretending goin' on.

Biggest difference for Texas was Dixon and Dowd were both able to command their curveball on both sides of the plate which kept Texas from being able to cheat on anything. Bruno could not command his curveball at all. 

A lot easier to hit when you can just take breaking balls because you know the guy on the mound can’t throw it in the zone consistently

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A pretty gutsy performance by Gordon today.

To hold that lineup to 3 runs with the stuff (or lack thereof) he had today says a lot about him as a pitcher. 

Indeed. Getting a quality start from that cobbled mess, big time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

Between saving their ace, pulling the starter early, and walking DC Stanford pissed off the baseball gods just a bit too much

We had gotten to their starter. Single, Home run, Single and we were about to get more. He was pulled at 4 2/3 and was only going to go six max. So maybe 4 outs early.

The lefty who'll start tomorrow night ( Friday night regular starter threw 114 and 60-80 (?) pitches last Friday and Monday night) There was no way he was going to start tonight after that.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A pretty gutsy performance by Gordon today.

To hold that lineup to 3 runs with the stuff (or lack thereof) he had today says a lot about him as a pitcher. 

He is a very good pitcher. Even more respectable in todays game to be able to perform at the level he does with an 89-90 mph fastball. Doesn’t really allow you to get away with as many mistakes. If he had 94-96 at his disposal he would be untouchable 

• Hook 'Em 1

As for tomorrow the approach for Texas should be to take, take, take. Not because Quinn Matthews isn’t good but because what they will be forced to bring in after him is not good. Dowd, Scott, and Bruno are pretty much all they have in the pen.

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Imagine someone tells you after the Vandy game in Arlington that this team would be one win from Omaha 4 months later.

I mean...it was one game in February...but after the OU series I lost hope. They proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Imagine someone tells you after the Vandy game in Arlington that this team would be one win from Omaha 4 months later.

Ironic that we scored one more run than what seemed at the time almost impossible for some. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

The win should be attributed to me betting the under at 11.5.

Erroneous. I did a pseudo Father’s Day dinner tonight with my daughters because I have to leave the country next weekend. We were listening to Craig in the car when Kennedy took the lead early. Left perla’s and got in the car right as Craig came back from commercial to start the ninth. Decided after the walk and the hit batsman, I wasn’t leaving the car until it was over and it kind of worked out. All seven runs were while I was in my car.

my wife thinks it’s going to be awkward when I sit in my car all night tomorrow night. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Postseason on the road too. Out to Coral Gables, go 3-0. Then all the way out west to Palo Alto and up 1-0 on Stanford. Can’t say they didn’t earn it.

26 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I was waxing poetic about the magic of just enjoying the wins we get.  I’m usually optimistic on a wait and see and both Pierce and Augie for sure have trained us to know it’s about late season form and not a moment sooner.

• Hook 'Em 1