Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Just got home from the kids swim practice. Fired up the air fryer and made myself a bacon cheese French fry thing. And a squirt Paloma. Fuck it’s warm out.

9fb54279c269fd01c05301c4a5182d11.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Haven't tried the HEB brand before but I've seen it next to the Julios stuff....

Yeah. I think they're both refrigerated "fresh" type stuff. HEB hot is fucking greatness for me. Maybe I"ll give Julio's a spin. 

21 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Tossed some tater tots in the air fryer with leftover fajita meat and put them over some scrambled eggs with japs and Julio’s. Will do again. 
IMG_2983.thumb.jpeg.d0aa374d0cf60a9228f5c0ae1ccf3d2c.jpeg

Needs a paper plate or a once used styrofoam plate, I have learned from this thread that disposable dinnerware only improves these creations.  

On 5/11/2024 at 9:20 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

Braunschweiger, white cheddar, mustard, pickle. Chased with a Michelada from scratch

91bc751cbeaffb20ec5fcc527ebe31c3.jpg

Idk about the pickled turkey necks from the other page but this looks on point. Is Braunschweiger a foodstuff that may be acquired in Texas?

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I would assume so. Lots of Czechs and Krauts in Texas

Love a good paté - seems like a similar product. Maybe this one is worth a shot?

Screenshot_20240514_215601_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a295a0df1e5e79392171f40aa497610a.jpg

Any recs from fellow Texans?

On 5/14/2024 at 9:51 PM, ztejas said:

Idk about the pickled turkey necks from the other page but this looks on point. Is Braunschweiger a foodstuff that may be acquired in Texas?

You can get it at HEB. The Ficks that you have below is fucking great, but it isn't at EVERY HEB. But it's at some, here in Houston. But you can by fucking Oscar Meyer version and it's still great. So yes, you can get it in Texas, at any HEB and probably any Kroger. 

On 5/14/2024 at 9:57 PM, ztejas said:

Love a good paté - seems like a similar product. Maybe this one is worth a shot?

Screenshot_20240514_215601_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a295a0df1e5e79392171f40aa497610a.jpg

Any recs from fellow Texans?

Not sure where this belongs, so I'll post it here. I just had the best f'n french fries I've ever had at a Sonic in North Fort Worth. They were crinkle cut instead of the normal straight cut they serve. I kid you not, these were Michelin quality shit. Perfectly cooked crispy crunch. I wiped them out before I thought to take a pic. I hope this is a trend.

For the record weed was not involved.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Not sure where this belongs, so I'll post it here. I just had the best f'n french fries I've ever had at a Sonic in North Fort Worth. They were crinkle cut instead of the normal straight cut they serve. I kid you not, these were Michelin quality shit. Perfectly cooked crispy crunch. I wiped them out before I thought to take a pic. I hope this is a trend.

For the record weed was not involved.

Thought about negging just for the last sentence.