Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

6 minutes ago, burns_312 said:

I’d like to present for your viewing pleasure leftover biscuits and gravy topped with leftover flame kissed hot dogs, shredded mozzarella cheese (only shredded we had) and a sweet Thai chili drizzle on foam.
c2df637e4ec7bc2bf500fcfd8cd7a7c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. 

• Haha 1

The wife is out with friends tonight, so I figured it was time to start HOTB Jr. on the road to cooking. I got him some ramen packets from HEB and we went to work. He did a great job measuring out the water, getting it to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then he asked me the most important question a son can ask a father. "Hey Dad, can we add bacon to this?" I fought through the tears and said, "Of course, son. We can add bacon to everything. That's what makes this country so great."

enMqXH97ettwOSg0v1YkPkFEjXlUuQwaTC__09D3fekoQ2WUXgdd9d43voLgTFXOscYMUBG9Vlu_Khoza7cicIIHlPSIyANWVzFPlLaBWecTRev5NaS8lRrp6Zied-QwKUVEWxYidhChMFGaTwsMUWk3xjRROYm6NyiWxM6fp4wPJ6_RZVleo9BEPxVkc-kiC3mX9akGnlvxigy43pG82nYVJBhDQaNXDQiFDYO4nZxDzWy3M-tPL0GNlthCzLksMXVROvDxmAjb4o2TthtV5uPsDhiUWsu0MAhQi4JvMze_L3nBQT_LFYCTrNYZSbqIAFWkIZ9N9nOP-K45IDXhbzl21yZai99CWqd4MKEFkf2sK1G-pUyqGA88-VQq1vJUEL5LCHRx5E1N0cp1yop0SPsI3LKBjEmjntXoi6ylrWzCmNcOMCCDGW6vKT5eXEbEOyCGc3Qsa_Ft88-MqIjQivQbOrudL-IKAt2ka8e7EIrYCOwxdtKGjx6dqNvh6G2M7ccwZBj4cjrFxpp-_2jDzO_dZYZXGmRXxe4BUL7XrBtwaUtryBaL4lMzPYyBofiV_StiHntvT46NYZNcIS5bO3Mig9dqIo3OwnqYsbRIPCVqL34SQpyguvWHdFdE1sEwnqhD-EYprYJOJSUEQ7lOYtKezZd1XdxKAPaMIW8XlOKy3dx3mixM0crabwBxZtpa5jqpWfLFMHjhzMv7Fk9G208uHArwhIIvbVoVTCLEfOONVwUQTHHZ3CSseiQc9e6ENmdOawC3EsYWL8cBhHrP0HR3QE5t94b-lw=w469-h625-no?authuser=0

Oh, and that is hatch chili bacon.

YARN | And every night, we read a book. He's so smart, Jenny. | Forrest Gump  (1994) | Video clips by quotes | 765233fa | 紗

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The wife is out with friends tonight, so I figured it was time to start HOTB Jr. on the road to cooking. I got him some ramen packets from HEB and we went to work. He did a great job measuring out the water, getting it to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then he asked me the most important question a son can ask a father. "Hey Dad, can we add bacon to this?" I fought through the tears and said, "Of course, son. We can add bacon to everything. That's what makes this country so great."
enMqXH97ettwOSg0v1YkPkFEjXlUuQwaTC__09D3fekoQ2WUXgdd9d43voLgTFXOscYMUBG9Vlu_Khoza7cicIIHlPSIyANWVzFPlLaBWecTRev5NaS8lRrp6Zied-QwKUVEWxYidhChMFGaTwsMUWk3xjRROYm6NyiWxM6fp4wPJ6_RZVleo9BEPxVkc-kiC3mX9akGnlvxigy43pG82nYVJBhDQaNXDQiFDYO4nZxDzWy3M-tPL0GNlthCzLksMXVROvDxmAjb4o2TthtV5uPsDhiUWsu0MAhQi4JvMze_L3nBQT_LFYCTrNYZSbqIAFWkIZ9N9nOP-K45IDXhbzl21yZai99CWqd4MKEFkf2sK1G-pUyqGA88-VQq1vJUEL5LCHRx5E1N0cp1yop0SPsI3LKBjEmjntXoi6ylrWzCmNcOMCCDGW6vKT5eXEbEOyCGc3Qsa_Ft88-MqIjQivQbOrudL-IKAt2ka8e7EIrYCOwxdtKGjx6dqNvh6G2M7ccwZBj4cjrFxpp-_2jDzO_dZYZXGmRXxe4BUL7XrBtwaUtryBaL4lMzPYyBofiV_StiHntvT46NYZNcIS5bO3Mig9dqIo3OwnqYsbRIPCVqL34SQpyguvWHdFdE1sEwnqhD-EYprYJOJSUEQ7lOYtKezZd1XdxKAPaMIW8XlOKy3dx3mixM0crabwBxZtpa5jqpWfLFMHjhzMv7Fk9G208uHArwhIIvbVoVTCLEfOONVwUQTHHZ3CSseiQc9e6ENmdOawC3EsYWL8cBhHrP0HR3QE5t94b-lw=w469-h625-no?authuser=0
Oh, and that is hatch chili bacon.
765233fa-1c3c-42b4-8ad9-61aeea91057f_text.gif

It’s always a proud moment when your child proves you have raised him right. Wait til you have grandkids and your son is teaching his kid some of the same things you taught. It’s like immortality or something. You can die happy. Good work!

15 hours ago, burns_312 said:

I’d like to present for your viewing pleasure leftover biscuits and gravy topped with leftover flame kissed hot dogs, shredded mozzarella cheese (only shredded we had) and a sweet Thai chili drizzle on foam.
c2df637e4ec7bc2bf500fcfd8cd7a7c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck. Yes.

spacer.png

image.thumb.jpeg.70411fd979df5191f3cded0cbfb69320.jpegMid morning snack. The darker summer sausage is smoked Canada Goose. Delicious. I’m not sure what kind of cheese was in it but it was bland. Shoulda left it out. The other sausage needed help. No flavor. One of our customers made both and sent it home with our field tech. Call me Brat, I can’t get it to rotate and don’t care enough to try harder. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, huge said:

The next time I enjoy goose will be the first.

We used to slay the hell out of them when I was in college.  Cut the breast into strips, soak in buttermilk, batter and chicken fry, big bowl of cream gravy for dipping.  Many a college football Saturday back the day consuming nothing but cheapcoldbeer and giant platters of chicken fried goose strips.  It was glorious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Forgive him for using the fancy plates - they hold up better to the heavy cargo they had to bear. But proud of the boy. He has a buddy visiting from the UK, and wanted to share some Texas goodness, so fully loaded nachos were the order of the day. Did he use canned Rico’s nacho cheese, just like the ballpark? Yep. His limey buddy thinks the boy’s a bloody genius:

4cdfbf17a1a3e49c9b6c11e1ec4a9e78.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Round 2 chiles and onions under the cheese 
20220901_202352.thumb.jpg.539b2da168bce7be65ff1edeef1287c1.jpg

These look great.

My opinion is an unpopular one but I’ll make my stand. I like chili dogs. Don’t like chili cheese dogs. Mustard, yellow. Lots of onion. Chili. That is all. I also like a slaw dog with chili; an eastern concoction but one I like. If no chili I like a dog with creole mustard, onion, kimchee, sport peppers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Forgive him for using the fancy plates - they hold up better to the heavy cargo they had to bear. But proud of the boy. He has a buddy visiting from the UK, and wanted to share some Texas goodness, so fully loaded nachos were the order of the day. Did he use canned Rico’s nacho cheese, just like the ballpark? Yep. His limey buddy thinks the boy’s a bloody genius:

4cdfbf17a1a3e49c9b6c11e1ec4a9e78.jpg

What happens here, changes the world.

• Like 1