Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

That looks like an upgrade over the typical hotdog bun.  Props.

You can thank my Mom. She made them. She tried a new recipe called "Chili Cheese Dog Boats". Apparently baked them for a short time in the oven. Buns had a crispiness to them that was enticing. 

My 6 yo boy ate about 3 pieces of bread. It made a great bed for this deer sausage from last season's hunt, and there was no wasted bread. I dropped some Tapatio on there but I don't think it's visible. French's yellow mustard rounds it out. Dos in a can makes it complete. a76e248e735665b056062838a9faf4f8.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

You can thank my Mom. She made them. She tried a new recipe called "Chili Cheese Dog Boats". Apparently baked them for a short time in the oven. Buns had a crispiness to them that was enticing. 

4 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

I found your mom’s buns enticing last night.

Your Mom's buns are hot. Want to split them with with the ol' kielbasa.

17 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Nice, been eating those since I was a kid, my mom called them Coney Islands.  Fill a baking pan with buns, insert weiners, cover in wolf brand, chopped onion and a Kraft single on each dog (folded in half and placed longwise so it can take the length), bake for 15 minutes or so.  Glorious.  

fun

40 minutes ago, Whatever said:
2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:
Frisco Burger attempt.  Grilled patty, onion, pepper jack cheese, grilled with parmesian and butter.
56c8002b308e300298a84d836e472a8b.jpg

Looks awesome. What do cases of Natty cost in CA?

No idea, but I went into my local liquor store, and they had a pallet of 15 packs by the front door for 6.99 each.  So I grabbed one along with my usual 18 pack of bud light and stuck it in the garage fridge.   When I ran out of bud light, I started on the natty, and I had NO problem with it at all.  I will buy more if that pallet is still there tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

A good crusty sourdough woulda taken that from 11 to 12, maybe even 12.5

it was sourdough from La Brea Bakery bro.   This is California. One big slice cut in half to be closer to the burger size.  Like Nigel Tufnel, I need my bread and my meat to be of similar size. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Haha 1

fun
No idea, but I went into my local liquor store, and they had a pallet of 15 packs by the front door for 6.99 each.  So I grabbed one along with my usual 18 pack of bud light and stuck it in the garage fridge.   When I ran out of bud light, I started on the natty, and I had NO problem with it at all.  I will buy more if that pallet is still there tomorrow.
How did you not get typhoid, typhus, measles, or the plague before waking in?

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

There are a few around.  There's one close to me on Lake near the 210.

Wiki says original was/is at Garfield and Valley.  That sounds right, now that I'm thinking about it.  I was working for a GC in those days and we did a lot of work in SGV.

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

Breffiss @ work. Loaded omelette, pickled japs and Texas Pete’s on a bed of hash browns and four slices of bacon.

cfcab0ff85a01a8236f7862d73bf5385.jpg

Goddamn.  Do you work at Dell or Google?  Google houses in our building and I am fucking pissed off all the time when the elevator stops on their floor in the morning and it just smells goooooooood.

Nope, a hospital with a good cafeteria (by hospital cafeteria standards).  I can only imagine the perks Google and Dell and provide their folks. Went with egg white because, you know, saving some cholesterol in the eggs = I could afford a little more bacon.

Edited by Dutch