Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Arch looked lost a year ago. He looked anything but lost today. He's clearly absorbing Sark's playbook at a rate that should make us very happy. 

Without a doubt he's much improved. I think what's lost upon folks is that he was running with the 3rd team last spring, and was behind the starting oline today. That can make a world of a difference.

But again, he looked great today. 

22 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Arch looked much better today (and threw a lot more passes) than Maalik last year. 

I didn’t say he looked better or worse than Maalik last year. Just presenting a data point that says spring games are not all that indicative of performance in real games.  

No pressure, no threat of being hit hard or tackled at all, free to take risks since the mistakes come with no consequences, etc…   He looked amazing today and I loved every minute of it that I saw. Doesn’t really mean shit though.  We are in good hands when his time comes.  

23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Arch has the touch

When was the last time a 5 star sat two years ?

Don’t know. When’s the last time a perfect 1.00 5-star was replaced by a guy from a Spring Game?  What are you on about?

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Situations like this is why sark makes the big bucks. He’s the head coach and ill agree with his decision 

There is no decision

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Texas fans need to look at the bigger picture.  We have a returning 3rd-year starter, a 2nd-year backup who looks like he's ready to kick ass, and a rookie who blew everybody's minds with his talent.

What EXACTLY is the problem again?  This couldn't be a more ideal setup.

danny mcbride GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Texas fans need to look at the bigger picture.  We have a returning 3rd-year starter, a 2nd-year backup who looks like he's ready to kick ass, and a rookie who blew everybody's minds with his talent.

Only surly/PTSD Texas fans could turn it into a problem.

• Hook 'Em 4

This image from today's scrimmage made me realize how much Arch's body has filed out. Of course that pic of him and ewers and maalik flexing went viral last year, but this is the first time I'm noticing how tall Arch is. He's basically Vince Young's height, and VY's height let him gallop through tackles.

Screenshot_20240420_233206.png

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Gam 1

First possession 

3 and out

-2 yards 

this site crashes

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

He's basically Vince Young's height, and VY's height let him gallop through tackles.

he’s not as tall as vince and you don’t really need to be comparing him to vince in any way, frankly.  eat a dick, dipshit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, futureman said:

he’s not as tall as vince and you don’t really need to be comparing him to vince in any way, frankly.  eat a dick, dipshit. 

Vince young was 6 foot 5, Arch is 6 foot 4, you terminally online loser. You do know what "basically" means, right? Like when I say you're basically a eunich, I do not mean you quite literally have no dick, but rather that your tiny dick is similar to that of a dickless person.

Hope this helps. Go blog about it for hours or whatever the fuck you do to rack up those tens of thousands of virgin points you got.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I didn’t say he looked better or worse than Maalik last year. Just presenting a data point that says spring games are not all that indicative of performance in real games.  

Right. And I'm rejecting your data point. 

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

10 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Only surly/PTSD Texas fans could turn it into a problem.

I’ll be that guy and say it was more than a bit concerning how wide ass open the receivers were. But otherwise? Yeah, this program hasn’t been in better shape since 2004 and you can make a good argument that we’re better off now long term than then. 

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Arch has the touch

When was the last time a 5 star sat two years ?

When was the last time we had a five star whose family probably had 9 figs in the bank

This is  nothing burger that you tools are drumming up.  There is no controversy. Malik looked good in spring last year

12 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

do know what "basically" means, right? Like when I say you're basically a eunich, I do not mean you quite literally have no dick, but rather that your tiny dick is similar to that of a dickless person.

A eunuch is a castrated male.  Bevo is a eunuch.  My dog Sebastian is a eunuch.  They both have dicks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This image from today's scrimmage made me realize how much Arch's body has filed out. Of course that pic of him and ewers and maalik flexing went viral last year, but this is the first time I'm noticing how tall Arch is. He's basically Vince Young's height, and VY's height let him gallop through tackles.

Screenshot_20240420_233206.png

He’s the exact same height and weight as Brady was in the league. Imagine if Brady had his wheels.

People that laughed at my plan of implementing Arch into the 3rd series of the 1st made a mockery of my idea. That solution of “getting him into the game with the 1’s” has been implemented by other teams over the decades, as a strong way to have your back-up “ready” if needed. Quinn is the starter and will return the next series, regardless of Arch’s drive/outcome.

All I’ve heard on SXM and the internet today, is that Arch should transfer immediately to a team needing a real QB1. Giving him guaranteed playing time, even with his own scripted plays/series would settle this decision. It’s just to get experience with the 1’s and not just mop up duty at the end of a blow out!

I guarantee he and his group are getting offers as we speak!

Hook’em!!!

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

A eunuch is a castrated male.  Bevo is a eunuch.  My dog Sebastian is a eunuch.  They both have dicks.

So neither of them was responsible for shutting off the power grid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s not that Quinn isn’t the QB1, but he’s one “Dallas Turner” sack from being out maybe 2-3 weeks. We all know it’s happened before.

All I can relate to my example is Mack NOT having an experienced Gilbert in the ‘09 Rose Bowl and for the National Championship! I’m not trying to create a QB1 vs QB2 controversy, but just giving Arch the last waning minutes of a game doesn’t give him experience.

I’ve seen this implemented over the decades and multiple teams were glad they had an “experienced” back up when called upon, especially if QB1 has an injury that might last weeks or the rest of the season.

Hook’em!!!

25 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Some of you really want the guy that got us to the playoffs last year to leave? Yeah Quinn looked terrible but that’s what he does when he doesn’t care. Did you see his interview? Yeah he needs to move on but he will get his year then arch only needs one great one to be #1 pick. 

I haven't heard anyone say they want him to leave, except I guess you in the next sentence. 

38 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Some of you really want the guy that got us to the playoffs last year to leave? Yeah Quinn looked terrible but that’s what he does when he doesn’t care. Did you see his interview? Yeah he needs to move on but he will get his year then arch only needs one great one to be #1 pick. 

This post fucking sucks. 1. No one wants Quinn to leave wtf and 2. I want minimum 2 more years of Arch wtf 

10 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

It’s not that Quinn isn’t the QB1, but he’s one “Dallas Turner” sack from being out maybe 2-3 weeks. We all know it’s happened before.

All I can relate to my example is Mack NOT having an experienced Gilbert in the ‘09 Rose Bowl and for the National Championship! I’m not trying to create a QB1 vs QB2 controversy, but just giving Arch the last waning minutes of a game doesn’t give him experience.

I’ve seen this implemented over the decades and multiple teams were glad they had an “experienced” back up when called upon, especially if QB1 has an injury that might last weeks or the rest of the season.

Hook’em!!!

This is a stupid idea.  Get your starter in a groove and leave him in until the game is decided without question.  Telling Quinn to go get a hot dog from the concession stand at the end of the first quarter and sit for series is beyond stupid.

As to Gilbert, they were trying to redshirt him.  He burned his RS to play in the NC game.

• Hook 'Em 4

We’re talking one pre-planned series. Games aren’t won or lost on one offensive series. But just letting him hand off to the 4th RB and then taking a knee to kill the clock is NOT “experience.”

Hook’em!!!

This is a stupid idea.  Get your starter in a groove and leave him in until the game is decided without question.  Telling Quinn to go get a hot dog from the concession stand at the end of the first quarter and sit for series is beyond stupid.
As to Gilbert, they were trying to redshirt him.  He burned his RS to play in the NC game.

Yes - and GG had ZERO “meaningful” snaps prior to the Rose Bowl! I’ve seen this implemented at the CFB level and I know a couple instances where they were glad to have an experienced back up! Enough said, I digress.

I of all Horn fans want Quinn to win it all, but I’d like to also a back up to have live reps, with the 1’s, besides at practice.

Hook’em!!!