Clemson (-12.5) at Duke, 7:00 on ESPN

shadow_operative2.0

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.e218b15cea6c7227d438293b3fbf0c10.png

This is interesting....why even bring Garrett Riley in if you're not going to let him run his offense?

Why are you absolving Riley of guilt because of another bullshit quote from Jesus Swinney? Garrett Riley is a weak facsimile of his brother and Dabo is a bible-thumping honk who will never do another fucking thing now that buying players isn’t limited to an auction between 8-10 schools and the transfer portal actually functions as a tool that can transform a roster in 6 month’s time. 

• Hook 'Em 9

Just now, closetojumping said:

Why are you absolving Riley of guilt because of another bullshit quote from Jesus Swinney? Garrett Riley is a weak facsimile of his brother and Dabo is a bible-thumping honk who will never do another fucking thing now that buying players isn’t limited to an auction between 8-10 schools and the transfer portal actually functions as a tool that can transform a roster in 6 month’s time. 

Oh I'm not absolving of him of anything. I don't think he called a great game, especially in the red zone last night. But I agree that is a huge Dabo red flag.

Looking at stat lines shows how odd this game played out. Clemson had dozen more 1st downs, more passing yards, more rushing yards but 1 more turnover than Duke.... Yet lost by 21pts.

Clemson shot their dicks off. Heard something wild — Clemson didn’t score a point OR punt in the second half. Clemson had four turnovers, had a FG blocked and missed a 23-yarder as bad as you can miss a kick. Klubnik is a bonehead.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Clemson shot their dicks off. Heard something wild — Clemson didn’t score a point OR punt in the second half. Clemson had four turnovers, had a FG blocked and missed a 23-yarder as bad as you can miss a kick. Klubnik is a bonehead.

Yikes!

image.thumb.png.1c9cf88ce19ec17a405a56331f7274f7.png

45 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Looking at stat lines shows how odd this game played out. Clemson had dozen more 1st downs, more passing yards, more rushing yards but 1 more turnover than Duke.... Yet lost by 21pts.

Clemson was done in by turnovers and poor execution. They actually did more during the game and should've probably won. Congrats to Duke for making fewer mistakes and doing just enough right to win. We'll see where these two end up at the end of the season. I'd still put my money on Clemson finishing with a better record this season.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

As fun as it is to mock Dabo, the fact is that Duke was a 9-4 team last year and they were 5-1 at home. Their losses were all one-possession games.  This performance by their defense was classic Mike Elko in that it seems like the other team gets something going but somehow doesn’t score points. 

Elko is a damn fine coach and should be the HC at Notre Dame although I can see how Bob Davie scared them off of A&M OCs. But this never was going to be a cakewalk for Clemson and if you take away “Duke” and just look at how the teams played last year, it was always going to be a good game. Dabo had absolutely more talent on the field and should have won, but Elko is just a good damn coach and should get credit for prepping his team. 

So.....if Sarkisian shits the bed this year,  it's Elko to Texas?  ;)

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, locodos said:

Dabo loves Clempsoning!   It's losing to an unranked team

you can tell he's a huge bitch because his first thought when asked about how he feels about his team shitting the bed historically so frequently that there is a term for it, is "what about other teams that lose." Well, dabo, those teams are fucking losers then, kinda like your team is historically. Hope that helps, loser.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

How-you-really-feel.jpg.7201279bccb9aeee7fdc1fc1ed42b11f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, MrBig said:

So which contract is dumber, Dabo’s or Jimbo?

Despite having some horrifically bad takes on modern college football, Dabo is still responsible for Clemson’s 6 CFP appearances, 4 of which resulted in them playing in the finals game, and 2 resulting in them winning it all. The best Jimbo has done for aggy is a win over a depleted NC team during the Covid year, when they could’ve-should’ve-would’ve be granted a playoff spot and a rematch  against a Bama team they already lost to by 4 TDs. It’s not even remotely close.

• Hook 'Em 4

Yeah, not sure how anyone could argue that Dabo's contract is dumber than Jimbo's. 

Clemson losing to Duke sounds bad in a vacuum.  But as someone noted above, Elko has turned Duke into a competitive team.  We'll see how Duke finishes the season, but I don't think this was anything close to losing to Appalachian State.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was listening to Full Ride this morning on XM 84 and they Tom Van Haaren on from ESPN. He's a recruiting guy that does a lot of work on roster analysis. Frankly, I think ESPN's recruit rankings are dogshit and have been since Gerry Hamilton stopped working with them on the rankings, and Van Haaren is a big part of that. Still, his thoughts on rosters are always interesting.

They asked him about Clemson and he mentioned something that I "knew" from a trend perspective, but not the actual data points. He said Clemson lost 12 guys to the transfer portal after last season and they added ... one guy from the transfer portal. Meanwhile, their roster flat out lacks dynamic playmakers on offense. WR is the easiest spot to upgrade a roster when it comes to using the portal. 

Whatever is going on at Clemson, it's certainly going to be ol'Dabo's thing. It could get hilarious if the guy doesn't get a new religion.

11 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

To be fair, Duke was playing deep safeties. Pounding the ball and actually scoring instead of fumbling would have opened that up. His real goober answer was defending not using the portal for a WR. Fucking jagoff

Because if Clemson doesn't fumble twice in the red zone and get both FGs blocked... they still lose by a point.

Edited by texifornia

On 9/6/2023 at 8:07 AM, South Austin said:

Yeah, not sure how anyone could argue that Dabo's contract is dumber than Jimbo's. 

Clemson losing to Duke sounds bad in a vacuum.  But as someone noted above, Elko has turned Duke into a competitive team.  We'll see how Duke finishes the season, but I don't think this was anything close to losing to Appalachian State.

Still one of my favorite losses and press conferences ever.

JIMBO-QUOTES.jpg 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

To be fair, Duke was playing deep safeties. Pounding the ball and actually scoring instead of fumbling would have opened that up. His real goober answer was defending not using the portal for a WR. Fucking jagoff

To be fair… maybe his dumbass answer about the Clemson offense was him trying to deflect heat off Riley. I agree that Dabo is getting exposed for not adapting to the portal/NIL era, but he was probably trying to absorb some of the pressure from that loss from their new coach. 

9 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

To be fair… maybe his dumbass answer about the Clemson offense was him trying to deflect heat off Riley. I agree that Dabo is getting exposed for not adapting to the portal/NIL era, but he was probably trying to absorb some of the pressure from that loss from their new coach. 

Could be. From what I've gathered, Riley called all the plays against Duke. The problem is the WR can't get separation, and I can't believe even though Riley called 100% of the plays, that it's 100% his offense. That looked like the same boring shit they've been doing for the past few years. 

• Hook 'Em 1