2023 Texas OU Friday Happy Hour - Lee Harvey's Dive In

immamac

12 minutes ago, BERT said:

Can’t believe I actually remember that. Only met you for like 10min (in 2019 I believe) at Lee Harvey’s. 

Haha for real that’s a crazy memory but yea I think that was the year. Ztejas and a bunch of us went to wits end or something after in deep ellum ended up losing my phone at on premise also. Good times 

• Hook 'Em 1

I want to go Friday night but I’m not going to the game so not sure I want to spend money on a hotel room just to wake up early Saturday morning and dive back home to watch the game. I don’t know, I have a couple of days to think about it. 

guess I could just not drink much and just drive the 2ish hours back home Friday night. Wouldn’t be my first time doing that from Dallas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, BERT said:

I want to go Friday night but I’m not going to the game so not sure I want to spend money on a hotel room just to wake up early Saturday morning and dive back home to watch the game. I don’t know, I have a couple of days to think about it. 

guess I could just not drink much and just drive the 2ish hours back home Friday night. Wouldn’t be my first time doing that from Dallas. 

Big group watches the game at the Toyota screen right outside the stadium. It's usually a great time and the weather is gonna be excellent. I'd recommend staying and watching with us. 

• Hook 'Em 4

20 hours ago, immamac said:

Big group watches the game at the Toyota screen right outside the stadium. It's usually a great time and the weather is gonna be excellent. I'd recommend staying and watching with us. 

We are going up to enjoy the fair but have yet to get tickets so I found Juicy's Texas Tailgate which is suppose to have TVs. So where is the Toyota Screen? Is it on the Texas side or on the OU side or is it where Gameday sets up?

JUICY’S TEXAS TAILGATE 

Located near the Texas Star Ferris Wheel 

On any given day at the Fair, you may want to sit back, relax, and see how your favorite team is doing on the big screen, and there is no better place to watch the game than at Juicy’s Texas Tailgate! This new area was created as the ultimate sports fan destination with multiple large televisions, plenty of seating, and food options, so you can have your fill of Fair food and fun while also watching the game. They will be offering a variety of foods that range from the classic half-pound corndog to a huge full slab of BBQ ribs! If you want a treat for you or the kiddos, they will also be serving Fried Snickers, Fried Twinkies, and Fried S’mores.  

Edited by DanTheHorn

24 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

We are going up to enjoy the fair but have yet to get tickets so I found Juicy's Texas Tailgate which is suppose to have TVs. So where is the Toyota Screen? Is it on the Texas side or on the OU side or is it where Gameday sets up?

Toyota is right next to the car show. It has a 35 foot screen and big sound system and they do a whole gameday activation during commercials and halftime so it flies by 

I think this is a pin to where it is hard to tell https://maps.app.goo.gl/m5aoiby7xKZbLGct7

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas OU Friday Happy Hour - Lee Harvey's Dive In
12 hours ago, immamac said:

Toyota is right next to the car show. It has a 35 foot screen and big sound system and they do a whole gameday activation during commercials and halftime so it flies by 

I think this is a pin to where it is hard to tell https://maps.app.goo.gl/m5aoiby7xKZbLGct7

Will you guys still be over there after the game? Would love to meet up

I may have scored a last minute free ticket and am driving up tomorrow am. Has anyone done that for the 11 am kickoff? How bad is the traffic? How long to get there? I’m worried that with the Rangers it could be tough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I may have scored a last minute free ticket and am driving up tomorrow am. Has anyone done that for the 11 am kickoff? How bad is the traffic? How long to get there? I’m worried that with the Rangers it could be tough. 

Leave at 5 and you’ll get there at 8 or so and have a blast. If you leave after 7 you won’t make kickoff. 

or just ride with @Brisketexan

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

We used to get up at 6 and leave at 7:30 but walk in by 9.

That was over 10 years ago though.

I'd go with @immamac's rec.

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

From Austin? Were you teleporting? Even with no traffic it’s 3 hours driving. 

I'm of the opinion that nobody has ever made it from Austin to Dallas faster than we did on Jan 1, 2000 (the first day of the new millennium). We partied for New Years on 6th Street til 2am, woke up at 7:30am, and left Austin at 8am.

We stopped for gas near Waco and still pulled up to the Cotton Bowl at 10am for the game against Arkansas. 

We averaged about 110 MPH the entire way, and only passed 3 cars between Austin and Dallas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

I'm of the opinion that nobody has ever made it from Austin to Dallas faster than we did on Jan 1, 2000 (the first day of the new millennium). We partied for New Years on 6th Street til 2am, woke up at 7:30am, and left Austin at 8am.

We stopped for gas near Waco and still pulled up to the Cotton Bowl at 10am for the game against Arkansas. 

We averaged about 110 MPH the entire way, and only passed 3 cars between Austin and Dallas.

I've made it to Waco and back from west campus in 90 minutes with @BurntEyes as a witness and passenger.that was at 11PM with mostly clear roads. Averaging over 120. Would not recommend as my older self to my younger self, but it was fun at the time. Incredibly stupid and dangerous. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I came in from Houston that year we had rented out the old Battlestein's department store downtown and threw a rager multilevel party with all you could drink booze for $35/pp with DJ's on 3 different floors.  I wound up leaving Houston around 5:30 am having not gone to bed and right after I got to Huntsville I realized I was in desperate need to sleep so I pulled into the next rest stop I could find popped a tab of x and went to sleep in  my truck saying "If I wake up in time I wake up".  About 30 minutes later the tab kicked in and sure enough I got up and drove to the Cotton Bowl I wound up getting there right before kickoff and thank god I had my sunglasses on because even with the wax cup beer I was in some serious pain.  My buddy and his pops showed up about 30 minutes later.  Sadly that was basically end end of the fun at the Cotton Bowl once Ark started bullying us around it would be a painful long 5 years till I had fun in that building again.

Postscript: Thank god nobody was on the road it was wide open I-45 for probably the only time in my life....

Edited by Pimphand

6 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Very dangerous. Mainly due to the post drinking all night morning colon blow threat.

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

MV5BNDM5OTMwMTItOTY5Yy00ZWY3LTk1NDQtY2I4

• Haha 2

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • Pancho pinned this topic