Texas vs. Wyoming - Game 3 - 7pm on (for the last time) LHN

Pancho

I just saw Burton address this on the post game. What the hell was going on with Wyoming getting the ball at the 8 when their qb ran out of bounds at the 12? They stopped the game for awhile but still didn’t move the ball back. The protection of incompetent officials has to be addressed. Someone should at least have to answer for something that egregious.

I was going crazy about this.

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I think Baxter is expected back next week. Blackwell possibly but maybe the week after. Sark said after the game that he hoped Hutson and Ross were 2-3 week deals, but both getting MRI. 

This is great news. Assumed Hutson was dfy. 

Edited by hookemATL
Nm didn’t see the “hoped” part. Fingers crossed

7 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Nm didn’t see the “hoped” part. Fingers crossed

Yeah, lot riding on that “hoped” part. But if it’s an ACL they usually can tell that based on exam and the MRI is just confirmation, so I don’t know if Sark would say that if the trainer was telling him it looked bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

If it's a friend or family member they have my sincere apologies. Too much whiskey watching the games(s).

But, we here at Surly only do 10's and super models.

Yeah, the 10's and super models is the first thing that came to mind, but for some reason this one hit me. Probably because of the Hook'em she was throwing up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I think Baxter is expected back next week. Blackwell possibly but maybe the week after. Sark said after the game that he hoped Hutson and Ross were 2-3 week deals, but both getting MRI. 

2-3 week turn around for Hutson and Ross would be better than I expected. 

Or just download install Kodi for free...  But both Kodi and an XBMC box rely on streams and for me at least, finding a decent stream for this game sucked...  At least no more need for live LHN anymore...
Kodi will work too. However, I don't have to find the stream on XBMC, that is done automatically once I select the channel of my choice.

11 hours ago, Hozz said:

A win is a win but this was a fucking sad performance.  We were clueless for about 3 quarters.  Whatever Wyoming ends up doing they are a fucking Mountain West team.  We should have beaten them by 50.

While your concern is certainly valid, it could also be said that:

1. This was a trap game, an upset special. Why? See below
  2. Too much kudos for the young Horns, #4 ranking, haven't been in that vicinity for a while
  3. Wyoming played really good - Taysome BYU style
  4. In the end, we got the ugly win - calling a 3 TD win ugly is a privilege
  5. Hook'em Horns!
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Damn, that's harsh. She's not a beauty queen but far than whatever the hell shit rail fence means. I'm sure someone on this board knows who she is and I hope comments like this don't get back to her. If she was some random ousux or aggy chick rail away. 

She's the daughter of a friend. Very young but sweet girl. The usual idealistic 20 yr old

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

After that first series where Hill over ran the ball when he had backside contain and got burned on the cut back the defense only gave up 3 points. Now those 3 points were on a like 18 play drive that took the entire 3rd quarter which wasn't great but they played well. The offense needs to step the fuck up and Sark needs to lean on his large humans line to move people off the ball when they drop 3 deep and rush 3 down like Rice did and like Wyoming did. Inexcusable for them to keep struggling with that look. They're going to see it every game going forward unless the coach is stubborn like Saban and thinks they can match up without it. 

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Texas ran the ball fine, the only offensive success before the fourth quarter was when they leaned on the run game.

Agree the book is out in defending Texas and DCs will happily take advantage of Sark’s stubbornness. Thought as much before the season.

Y'all keep putting this on Sark but there were open WRs all game. Execution is the issue, not play calls. 

• Hook 'Em 3

A healthy Baxter changes this game immensely. I think we rush 60+ times as a team with him available, but we couldn't put that kind of workload on Brooks. Red should have gotten more carries imo. We were caving in their right side all night.

Edited by Vertigo

I expected a letdown and a 20-point win. But damn, not like that. That was ugly. Still a win is a win. And no major injuries.

Now it's conference time. I expect Alabama intensity for the rest of the season. No excuses. They showed the world what they can do. A championship team will do it every week.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

A healthy Baxter changes this game immensely. I think we rush 60+ times as a team with him available, but we couldn't put that kind of workload on Brooks. Red should have gotten more carries imo. We were caving in their right side all night.

Unless you’re suggesting Baxter would be calling plays I don’t know why you’d think that

1 hour ago, Grimas said:

Or just download install Kodi for free...  But both Kodi and an XBMC box rely on streams and for me at least, finding a decent stream for this game sucked...  At least no more need for live LHN anymore...

Kodi is XBMC. XBMC hasn't existed for like 10 years now. If you are buying anything XBMC branded, A) you using extremely outdated software, and B) you are being massively ripped off. Because $100 for an XBMC box is an awful, awful deal, even 10 years ago. Those are single core atom SOCs. You can buy a literal $10 raspberry pi Zero that is the size of a stick of gum, and it'll run the latest version of kodi light years better than any $100 XBMC box. With the added benefit that you can actually use all the modern plugins and themes and shit, since it's not 10 years out of date.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

Yeah, lot riding on that “hoped” part. But if it’s an ACL they usually can tell that based on exam and the MRI is just confirmation, so I don’t know if Sark would say that if the trainer was telling him it looked bad. 

this would be huge. I would hope Sark would say that unless they knew it wasn't an ACL tear.

56 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Kodi is XBMC. XBMC hasn't existed for like 10 years now. If you are buying anything XBMC branded, A) you using extremely outdated software, and B) you are being massively ripped off. Because $100 for an XBMC box is an awful, awful deal, even 10 years ago. Those are single core atom SOCs. You can buy a literal $10 raspberry pi Zero that is the size of a stick of gum, and it'll run the latest version of kodi light years better than any $100 XBMC box. With the added benefit that you can actually use all the modern plugins and themes and shit, since it's not 10 years out of date.

Yup, and Kodi is easy to install on any Amazon device with a few tweaks... (if anyone needs directions, visit troypoint.com for instruction on Kodi installation as well as the various plug-ins...)

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

I just saw Burton address this on the post game. What the hell was going on with Wyoming getting the ball at the 8 when their qb ran out of bounds at the 12? They stopped the game for awhile but still didn’t move the ball back. The protection of incompetent officials has to be addressed. Someone should at least have to answer for something that egregious.

Instant replay isn’t required to correct improper ball placement. I’ve see it done countless times prior to instant replay. But, I guess that requires at least one ref to not have his head up his ass... or not be corrupt. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

This is worth highlighting. Rice and Wyoming weren’t world beaters, but they were far from the kind of no-chance tomato cans that appear on SEC schedules to show up and take a check. Both already have wins over Big12 teams. 

Rice has a chance to win their conference. Wyoming will be a tough out once they get Beasley back and if he can stay healthy. What is surprising is how many teams play FCS teams. It really is fucking pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1