Texas vs Baylor - 6:30pm on ABC [An XXX fucking 38-6 Texas]

Pancho

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We need more formations with Worthy and Cook like this one. It's going to stress defenses because of the speed both those guys have. 

Watch Baylor double Worthy which meant Cook could just cook his guy with athleticism. 

This also looks like the triple high safety look we’ve struggled with for the past two years, right?

We’ll play better safeties than Baylor has, but it will  be huge if we can consistently hit shots like these against this type of scheme.

50 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

This also looks like the triple high safety look we’ve struggled with for the past two years, right?

We’ll play better safeties than Baylor has, but it will  be huge if we can consistently hit shots like these against this type of scheme.

We finally have enough talent at WR to do this....

I think it's the recipe to our woes vs the 3 flyover......having Cook, Worthy, Mitchel, and JT  attacking it.....someone will be open. Just gotta have the pass pro to let it develop IMO.

• Like 1

Are we back? Are we not? I dunno, but this team feels different. Like we are exorcising some demons.

The past 13 years of looking good and then not being able to get out of our own way seem to have finally changed. I don't care how good or bad Baylor is. Not that long ago that game would have been close just because that's how we played every game.

Beating OU 49-0, beating Bama in Tuscaloosa, and handling a lesser team exactly how we are supposed to. It's nice to watch a game and not come away feeling frustrated.

As far as Baylor FB is concerned, I wouldn’t let a Longhorn uniform show up in “The Bidet on the Brazos” for a minimum of 20 years. I don’t care if they even become decent-good. It’s a matter of principle and wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of hosting the Horns! I’d put at least a decade+ “probation” on them even playing in Austin.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

As far as Baylor FB is concerned, I wouldn’t let a Longhorn uniform show up in “The Bidet on the Brazos” for a minimum of 20 years. I don’t care if they even become decent-good. It’s a matter of principle and wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of hosting the Horns! I’d put at least a decade+ “probation” on them even playing in Austin.

Hook’em!!!

I don’t think Texas will ever again play a game in a stadium in Texas that doesn’t provide Bellmont with at least 50k tickets to distribute 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Rice plus UT System schools only please.

I mean maybe, and probably not but just because it would be funny, is a one off home game in Austin with no return against irate 8 teams if they are willing to bend the knee.  But again, probably not.  Let them rot.

Oh, good point! I’d like to see Baylor and TT apologize for 2008 coaches’ poll votes. I’d like for Baylor to apologize for not providing the Pepper Hamilton report to the conference when the Big 12 voted to request it, and to provide it now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

That’s not the Pepper Hamilton report. That’s what Baylor admitted to, when the NCAA investigated (and the NCAA hasn’t had teeth in 13 years). 

Baylor lost the benefit of the doubt a long time ago. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 9/25/2023 at 4:12 PM, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

I get the sentiment here and tend to agree with it, but I expect that the out-of-conference schedule will begin to include the TCU’s, Tceh, and the like in a few years instead of the ULM’s and La Techs of the world.  It’s just convenient early in the season to play in-state teams. 

44 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I get the sentiment here and tend to agree with it, but I expect that the out-of-conference schedule will begin to include the TCU’s, Tceh, and the like in a few years instead of the ULM’s and La Techs of the world.  It’s just convenient early in the season to play in-state teams. 

Convenient for whom? I’m sure ULM and La Tech would be happy to make the trip and cash the check. Tech can pound sand. They have enough of it.

Edited by Doc Daneeka

43 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

You mean, for home games only? Sure, I can see that. 

I see no reason to play in state teams we have a long history with that would treat the game like a jihad.  Especially given all the shit Tech has talked.

We have enough rivalry games now in the SEC.  Play Rice, UTSA, UTEP, UTRGV in some sort of rotation as season opener at home only.  Then maybe one Wyoming type decent G5 at home.  Then a marquee OOS game against a Big 10 team in a home and home format.  Or FSU/Clemson/Miami. 

That gives you OU neutral and then 2 nonconference games at home and 4 conference home games guaranteed.  So you have 6 or 7 home games depending on year.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I see no reason to play in state teams we have a long history with that would treat the game like a jihad.  Especially given all the shit Tech has talked.

We have enough rivalry games now in the SEC.  Play Rice, UTSA, UTEP, UTRGV in some sort of rotation as season opener at home only.  Then maybe one Wyoming type decent G5 at home.  Then a marquee OOS game against a Big 10 team in a home and home format.  Or FSU/Clemson/Miami. 

That gives you OU neutral and then 2 nonconference games at home and 4 conference home games guaranteed.  So you have 6 or 7 home games depending on year.

Zero upside to playing any of them. Not in Austin. Not anywhere. They can flap their gums about UCF or Cincinnati or whoever.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Our only away games OOC should be one every two years from H/H series against out of state opponents that are marquee teams and/or desirable travel destinations. An exception could be playing at NRG for a "return home game" against Rice or in the Alamo Dome (with plenty of seats allocated to Texas) against e.g. UTSA. We already play in Dallas. We don't need to sacrifice our home game opportunities to give money and the chance to play spoiler to Tech, Baylor, TCU, Houston, OSU, etc. We gave Baylor their going away present already. If they miss us, they can save the dump we took on their face and bring it back out to sniff it occasionally.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Our regular rotation of OOC games should include:

Cupcakes who will cash a check to take a beating at DKR-TMS:

• UTSA
  • UNT
  • UTEP
  • Rice
  • Texas State (now in the Sunbelt!)
  • and if we need more we can choose from plenty of relatively close schools like La Tech, La Monroe, Tulsa, New Mexico, NM State, etc.

Low-end but still brand names, if they're willing to accept 2 for 1's.

• Wyoming
  • Nevada
  • Fresno St.
  • Purdue
  • Minnesota
  • Oregon St. (they will regress to their mean)
  • Washington St.
  • Boise St.
  • Memphis
  • Tulane (for the away trip mostly)
  • Virginia
  • Indiana
  • Army, Navy, AF
  • Northwestern
  • Rutgers
  • Hawaii

High-end brands, home & home:

• Michigan