Texas vs. Kansas - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

Correction, we beat the #3 team by 10 points. You don't do that thing where you adjust the rankings as the team goes unless they like bottom out, because the only reason Bama is #12 instead of #3 or #4 is because we beat them. Otherwise they're undefeated and still highly ranked.

Can we not go full texags please
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

PK is probably ready to face a QB he's prepared for. 

The triple option was giving Texas issues in the 1st half but they also weren't expecting Bean to be the starter. Daniels likes to scramble but I'm sure that was something they were going to utilize nearly as much. 

I wasn't really concerned. I figure the prep for Milroe made it easy to adjust.

Just sitting down after the game.
Frustrated by offense shooting itself in the dick in the red zone…but it worked out.

On a random game day atmosphere note….the stadium DJ went full-on Hispanic heritage month to mix in with regular stuff, and the crowd was JUMPIN. Lovely young ladies around us had their dance on. It really was a great sound. I approve. Woulda loved some mariachi mixed in, and maybe a grito from someone, but it was plenty great.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The other thing with Baxter is one of his strengths coming out of HS was pass catching ability. You saw that today. 

We've rarely utilized that yet but you can bet it's in Sark's bag when he needs it. 

His hands are like pillows. They just sit and land without moving. It's pretty impressive. 

PK is probably ready to face a QB he's prepared for. 
The triple option was giving Texas issues in the 1st half but they also weren't expecting Bean to be the starter. Daniels likes to scramble but I'm sure that was something they were going to utilize nearly as much. 

I’m bummed for Daniels and hope he gets well quickly, and I wanted Texas to have that test (although that could have made game script quite different in hindsight). I’m skeptical they would have kept the option in the bag after realizing its effectiveness.

This is exactly the kind of game we used to have a lot of trouble with. Great win. I think they should believe ( rightfully so thus far) that they should be able to handle any pace or scheme they face, as well as being confident they can dictate the same offensively. IMO, great sample of scheming for your opponent today.

Hook’em!

Edited by Wishbone
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

I know it's still early, but has there been any Brooks to the NFL chatter yet that I've missed. Would love to have him back this year obviously, but if he keeps this up he might get pretty high on those boards. 

I mean I don’t think he has the freakish measurables so I’m sure he is just getting put in the second/third round range where “good backs go”. 

3 minutes ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

I know it's still early, but has there been any Brooks to the NFL chatter yet that I've missed. Would love to have him back this year obviously, but if he keeps this up he might get pretty high on those boards. 

if he goes we would be undisputed RBU… 3 of last three running backs would be in the league 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:
36 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

And everyone on the SEC Facebook pages claimed we struggled.

Those slackjaws are just whistling through the graveyard. They see what's coming, and some of them are as nervous as they should be.

I imagine some are also unimpressed with the name Kansas and not giving them credit for being a pretty good football team, which they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

I admit, j got a little nervous after they hit the big TD, but then Sark, Ewers, Brooks and Co blew em the fuck out of the water.

I got annoyed, but they have big boy scholarship players, too. 

Texas was imposing its will, just regressing on red zone efficiency. That’ll sometimes get you beat, but it didn’t seem like today was one of those times. 

• Hook 'Em 3