Texas vs houston - 3:00pm on Fox

Pancho

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't even think this was an ugly win. It was won in victory formation. Even with the first down they have to score a TD relatively quickly with only 1 timeout. It's not a sure thing or even likely. Had it gone into overtime or been a failed 2 pt conversion that was the 4th down call you can say ugly win. 

This was a game that was way out of hand and the coaches let Houston hang around they never led.

If that bad call goes the other way, Houston, 100% scores a touchdown and you know it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

Watts, yes. Catalon seemed more like a run support asset, than DB.

Catalons reps for the backup so when he is off the field so that means the backups backup is now in at some point..

Less about Catalon being there in passing downs and more about more of the backups in and playing tired than it should be

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

We'll move up at least one or two spots in the "rankings" thanks to Penn loss.

But the lack of "style points" didn't move us ahead of Fuck OU.

Pretty sure we'll still end up at #4 if we win out, and then get into the college playoffs.

Texas dreaming about going to the playoffs is like the dog that chases the car.  Assuming we catch it, then what the fuck do we do?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Pretty sure we'll still end up at #4 if we win out, and then get into the college playoffs.

This team isn’t sniffing the CFP lmao. 

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

Ugly W - looks like there will be no gimme games in final iteration through the conf we built. 

I’ve been trying to figure out why anyone ever thought otherwise. Everyone was declaring that we would rematch with OU in the championship. Why? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

If a couple players catch passes that hit them in the chest, Texas beat LSU (2019) and Bama (2022). History doesn’t give a fuck about what could have happened.

I don't think you got the full context of the conversation that comment came from.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, this was one of the worst days of my life. 
took my dad (who has a tbi and really wanted to go and was exited about it) 

Got stuck in traffic- he shit his pants - I tried to clean him up in the bathroom at the parking garage we got to and there was no garbage can or paper towels, he got the shit from his diaper all over himself and his shorts, refused to go home because he wanted to go to the game- walked around with feces all over his clothes, got him in his seat- went to 4 different shops until I found a pair of sweat shorts, came back up, cleaned him up in the bathroom, threw up, he walked out naked because he got scared I left him in the stall when I said “stay here I need more paper towels”

then we got back to our seats and he said let’s go.  With 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 
the sights and smells and the like will be nightmare fuel (literally) for me that I will dream about for months and years I bet, but the worst part, by far, was seeing him just not get it and not able to handle basics in life or enjoy the game. 
When we pulled into the driveway he told me sorry for ruining your day. I was like dad- you didn’t ruin anything and I love you. Man’s taken me to at least 100 games and he remembers almost none of it. And my poor mom lives this 24/7. 
as bad as I guess we played I’m going to take solace in this not being the shit Sandwhich on top of a truly miserable day finishing with a loss. We are basically in survive and advance mode and although we were terrible it probably doesn’t matter. But, we probably have another loss or two coming our way, especially if Quinn is out. 

good lord.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Sure. One loss to OU won't kill us but we got to do better...and then there is the Ewers situation...

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't even think this was an ugly win. It was won in victory formation. Even with the first down they have to score a TD relatively quickly with only 1 timeout. It's not a sure thing or even likely. Had it gone into overtime or been a failed 2 pt conversion that was the 4th down call you can say ugly win. 

This was a game that was way out of hand and the coaches let Houston hang around they never led.

Image result for polished turd

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, this was one of the worst days of my life. 
took my dad (who has a tbi and really wanted to go and was exited about it) 

Got stuck in traffic- he shit his pants - I tried to clean him up in the bathroom at the parking garage we got to and there was no garbage can or paper towels, he got the shit from his diaper all over himself and his shorts, refused to go home because he wanted to go to the game- walked around with feces all over his clothes, got him in his seat- went to 4 different shops until I found a pair of sweat shorts, came back up, cleaned him up in the bathroom, threw up, he walked out naked because he got scared I left him in the stall when I said “stay here I need more paper towels”

then we got back to our seats and he said let’s go.  With 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 
the sights and smells and the like will be nightmare fuel (literally) for me that I will dream about for months and years I bet, but the worst part, by far, was seeing him just not get it and not able to handle basics in life or enjoy the game. 
When we pulled into the driveway he told me sorry for ruining your day. I was like dad- you didn’t ruin anything and I love you. Man’s taken me to at least 100 games and he remembers almost none of it. And my poor mom lives this 24/7. 
as bad as I guess we played I’m going to take solace in this not being the shit Sandwhich on top of a truly miserable day finishing with a loss. We are basically in survive and advance mode and although we were terrible it probably doesn’t matter. But, we probably have another loss or two coming our way, especially if Quinn is out. 

Damn... Good for you though. Sorry it wasn't and easier day. Little life perspective for me- thanks 👍

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Minute Bull said:

And it’s 100% your fucking job to instill that instinct and you failed yet again. 

Guy has as much killer instinct as a wet sock.

I keep saying it but this is the first time I saw him get up from his catchers position and start acting like a HC on the sidelines. 

Hope he learns it's all any of us can hope for

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho unpinned this topic