Coach Sark Press Conference 10.23 - 11:00am(ish) LHN

BigOrange1

So coach, what is your plan for getting around our opponents requisite 8 yards first downs to your 11 yard first downs, no holding, delay, facemask, dpi, or illegal formation calls?

Do you ever plan to speak to the nature of how the conference is manufacturing yards for opponents or how there are two different rule books being used by officials?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Hopefully he comes out with the patch ztejas gave him...

Vintage Stuart Smalley Pinback I'm Good Enough I'm ...

..or he can come out with Uhaul and penske booklets asking for CDC to please give him assurance that he's still good for next season despite how terrible this season is going??

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

not surprising that practice would go even longer than normal today.  lot of shit to sort out.

gotta execute better on fake FGs :(

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

not surprising that practice would go even longer than normal today.  lot of shit to sort out.

Yep. They should honestly just start them at noon from here on out. Seems like it cuts into practice and why not schedule them when Monday shit is over. Give him time to get there. 

Starting now: talking about watching tape of the game and we have versatile football team and we can win games a lot of different ways.

Our culture showed up in this game as well. Mental toughness and perseverance showed up in this game. To win the turnover margin was a great thing. 

Quinn and Ethan are week to week at this point. Don’t know how bodies will respond to injury. Same with Catalon. Maalik had to come in a step up and he showed great poise. All three injured players he mentioned will be week to week to see how they respond to injury. 

We need to fix our issues we saw in the game Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The opinions of other people really do not matter. Every game from here on out is a Big 12 Championship game. Thanks to Longhorn Nation for showing up in Houston. We are finally back home and playing at home. Yay! Knows BYU well as it was his alma mater. Excited to be back in front of fans at DKR

• Hook 'Em 4

Sark was asked what three traits or good things he sees in MM and said Maalik is a great leader and players love playing with him and he has a great feel for the game and passing the ball and can make all the throws and has great understanding for what we do and why we are doing it. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

they are "more than hopeful" that Ryan Watts will be back this week.

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

they are "more than hopeful" that Ryan Watts will be back this week.

And Manny Mohamed. So that is cool. We are pretty banged up but guys coming back is cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

reading between the lines, it doesn't sound like Sark expects Quinn to be out for a really long time.  maybe he's back for TCU at the latest?

It’s really hard to say. He’s hoping and he thinks because Quinn is in the best shape of his life physically (with cutting the bad fat, working out and eating healthy) that he will heal quickly. I don’t see him being back for/ready for KState though. Or at least that’s how I read it

Just now, MirrOlure said:

The way I read it, QE could be back this week.  Or maybe next week.  Or maybe the week after that.  Or it could be the following week.

If he is smart, he will just leave next week's opponent guessing who they will be facing for the rest of the season.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Missed it, did anyone ask how they'll prepare for a defense BYU hasn't put on tape all season?

I would guess they won't. And then we won't have a clue how to attack it. Sarkisian will then kneel on the sidelines for the rest of the game...

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

The way I read it, QE could be back this week.  Or maybe next week.  Or maybe the week after that.  Or it could be the following week.

It's a very complicated case.  Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous, and a lot of, uh, strands to keep in his head, man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Quinn and Ethan are week to week at this point. Don’t know how bodies will respond to injury. Same with Catalon. Maalik had to come in a step up and he showed great poise. All three injured players he mentioned will be week to week to see how they respond to injury. 

We need to fix our issues we saw in the game Saturday. 

That's a whole lot easier said than done when the only safety on the team that can break 5 seconds in the 40 is a true freshman.

Sark is playing it right by withholding information. I don’t think anyone is disputing that. There is no wisdom in being empathic one way or another with regards to who will start and who will play.  Team/organization management seems to be a strong suit of his.

IF MM shits the bed the first several drives, he will play Manning. You get 4 games. He has to see what he can do for future option. 

Catch lighting in a bottle subbing him in  , win win.  AM struggles in that scenario, you know what you got and go back to MM.  Base  case scenario as I see it is MM does enough to get us the W and you reevaluate heading into KSU.  Best case scenario is we get a big lead (highly unlikely ) and get AM snaps and in case you need him the following week.   Too many unknowns at this point. 

At UH, momentum is a real thing and the fake fg turned it. Herman fell victim to that countless times.  We go up 24-7 and i believe the game makeup changes dramatically.  Imo the drive was lost on the 3rd and long rb dive into the front, their strength. High risk high reward, and he lost 

Edited by jdhorn92

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The opinions of other people really do not matter. Every game from here on out is a Big 12 Championship game. Thanks to Longhorn Nation for showing up in Houston. We are finally back home and playing at home. Yay! Knows BYU well as it was his alma mater. Excited to be back in front of fans at DKR

This is fucking ironic considering the poster. Thank you for this ma'am. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1