OU loses to Kansas hahaha

troph

1 hour ago, z009 said:

If we win out and it's between us or a one-loss Michigan or Ohio State, that OU loss will be used against us, and could very well result in us getting left out. We always have to drop that one game, and it's infuriating. 

If we win out, we'll likely have avenged that loss to OU.

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Speaking of OU, I didn’t know until today they are playing osu in November 4th and not Thanksgiving weekend like normal.

That a big FU to Oklahoma to not make it a big game by the B12.

That is so petty on their part.

They want all eyes on the Juggernaut Texas Tech strolling into Austin with Yormark sitting in their coaches box.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Kansas is 6-2. Not sure why it’s funny, they aren’t the team from before Lance. It’s like making fun of Kentucky beating somebody, just ignorance of current college football teams compared to their past.

Yeah, they ain't bad at all.  And to think of what things were like when Les Miles got canned, seemed like they were ready for Div II.  Pretty amazing coaching job so far.

• Like 1

That was a big loss as it removed the possibility of OU and OSU both ending the season with one loss and creating a three way tie if we win out. Now no weird tie breaker rules can keep us from the title game.
Only us losing can do that now.

This is the most important part of all this. OU losing is always good. This time it results in us controlling our path to the championship game
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Look, a single thread celebrating our biggest rival's loss to a historically non-celebrated team is a strong and positive moment as a college football fan.

If you exist to piss in people's cheerios for that, go cheer for a boring corporate NFL franchise.

Shut up dude. We’ve been the laughing stock for losing to kanas, last year of the big 12 those cocksuckers lost to them. If you’re that wrapped up in this you’re taking it all too seriously. 

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Kansas is 6-2. Not sure why it’s funny, they aren’t the team from before Lance. It’s like making fun of Kentucky beating somebody, just ignorance of current college football teams compared to their past.

It’s funny because it’s been 18 games in a row. Yeah it’s a good Kansas team and it’s why we all thought it could happen. It’s still all kids of awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Speaking of OU, I didn’t know until today they are playing osu in November 4th and not Thanksgiving weekend like normal.

That a big FU to Oklahoma to not make it a big game by the B12.

That is so petty on their part.

OSU is rolling right now. 4 game winning streak, outscoring opponents 40.3 to 25. I like the Cowboys chances to run that losing streak of OU to 2.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

OSU is rolling right now. 4 game winning streak, outscoring opponents 40.3 to 25. I like the Cowboys chances to run that losing streak of OU to 2.

OSU isn't some world-beater. They lost to South Alabama and Iowa State for a reason, and it's not because they're good. Their win streak has been against scrubs for the most part outside of maybe Kansas. It wouldn't shock me at all if OU beats them. 

• Fuck You 4

6 hours ago, z009 said:

OSU isn't some world-beater. They lost to South Alabama and Iowa State for a reason, and it's not because they're good. Their win streak has been against scrubs for the most part outside of maybe Kansas. It wouldn't shock me at all if OU beats them. 

Boy you’re just trying to piss off everyone aren’t ya?  The only scrub in the 4-game win streak was Cincy.  I’m the last person to have any confidence about Bedlam but…

image.jpeg.0ffb23c8c3d6f39f0cef4ecfbc335c6b.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, they're not scoring as many points, but they're still top 15 in defense.

They're not losing to any team in college history by 40 points barring an amazing run of bad luck.

Hell, if they'd scored two more touchdowns against us, they'd be the #1 team in the country.

get out of here.

2005 Texas would have ripped Bama’s soul out and shit in their chest.

95 Nebraska would have fucked them in half using Bammer’s mother’s tears as lube.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, z009 said:

It's almost as if you don't even watch college football. You just look at final scores and make inane arguments. You're like a child, running through a field, plucking random leaves from trees.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

That was a big loss as it removed the possibility of OU and OSU both ending the season with one loss and creating a three way tie if we win out. Now no weird tie breaker rules can keep us from the title game.

Only us losing can do that now.

We control our own destiny which is a good place to be vs hoping someone else beats  another and playing the scenario game.  

Speaking of OU vs OSU  and  the Rig 12 Championship.    Put me down with us playing Okie State instead or OU if we get a shot.    We won’t get a chance the next four weeks to give them an L.   We need to do this to close the chapter fully on the Rig 12 and the crooked way Okie State earned a couple of victories against us.  

OU could very lose to Okie State next week.    They should’ve lost to UCF last week had it not been for Gus M and his stupid play calling.    And of course we shot ourselves in the nuts against them .   

Edited by Nueces River Rat

5 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

We control our own destiny which is a good place to be vs hoping someone else beat another and playing the scenario game.  

Speaking of OU vs OSU  and Rig 12 Championship.    Put me down with us playing Okie State instead or OU if we get a shot.    We won’t get a chance the next four weeks to give them an L.   We need to do this to close the chapter fully on the Rig 12 and the crooked way Okie State earned a couple of victories against us.  

OU could very lose to Okie State next week.    They should’ve lost to UCF last week had it not been for Gus M and his stupid play calling.    And of course we shot ourselves in the nuts against them .   

It would be awesome if we faced Okie State and absolutely obliterated them.

• Drool 1

6 hours ago, z009 said:

The only reason why you haven't been blocked is so I get a chance to neg your stupidity until your eventual crowd sourcing.

OkSt handily beat Kansas State as a 12 point dog.

Pulled out a win against Kansas as a 3 point dog

Solidly beat West Virginia on the road as a 3 point dog

Then handed Cincy its biggest margin of defeat this year by far as a 7-point favorite.

All this after losing 33-7 to a now 4-4 Sun Belt squad at home. They're easily playing like a top 4 team in this conference right now. OU has had issues against the run, they're coming off loss to Kansas, AND Stutsman may be out. This was gonna be an interesting game even if OU was decently healthy.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HollidayHorn said:

Screen shotted this off of dirt burglars. They're not to happy with Lebbey right now

Screenshot_20231028-211728_Chrome.jpg

They’ll use the Art Briles drama to demote or fire him but it’s really because the fans are kind of tired of him

Kansas almost let ou pull a Texas. Leaving ou with 55 sec was an oh shit moment and that last ou play had too high of a success rate probability with Gabriel at QB. Did Leipold not see what Gabriel did to Texas? ou had 2 TO's with 55 sec left so Kansas coulda taken a knee on 2 plays and left about 5 sec after 3rd down and kicked a chip shot FG. 

I like making a chip shot FG and leaving 5 sec a lot better than a TD and leaving Gabriel 55 sec. Fortunately it worked out. 

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Lance Leipold is as good as gone. 

Michigan State or Arkansas going to scoop him up.

Negative. He's committed as long as KU delivers the salary and facilities goods (Contracts for he and multiple assistants were renegotiated after last season, football complex was renovated this past offseason, and the rebuild of the west and north sides of Memorial Stadium will start at the end of this season).

And unlike at any time in my lifetime, our BMDs are ponying up - for him, his assistants, facilities, and NIL.

I get the assumption that he's gone given KU's history, but there's not been a time in my life when the wallets have opened up for the program like they have since his arrival. As long as that keeps happening (and it will), he stays.

Just now, kuobserver said:

Negative. He's committed as long as KU delivers the salary and facilities goods (Contracts for he and multiple assistants were renegotiated after last season, football complex was renovated this past offseason, and the rebuild of the west and north sides of Memorial Stadium will start at the end of this season).

And unlike at any time in my lifetime, our BMDs are ponying up - for him, his assistants, facilities, and NIL.

I get the assumption that he's gone given KU's history, but there's not been a time in my life when the wallets have opened up for the program like they have since his arrival. As long as that keeps happening (and it will), he stays.

Can KU match $9M for 7 years?   And that's probably an underestimate.