THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

2 hours ago, chemHORN said:

The same can be said for the PAC12 in my opinion.  A few were ranked high to start the season.  Nobody in the Pac 12 played anybody in OOC play and they won all of them giving way more of them lofty rankings than deserved. (Oregon Beat Tech by 1 score and probably should've lost that game). Then they just played each other with those lofty rankings and made it look like they were good.  I said it earlier in this thread but I think we will find out in the playoff that the Pac12 were frauds this year.  

Edit: Utah barely slid by a bad Baylor team too. 

Well they beat teams like TCU, Baylor, Wisconsin, etc. that weren't nearly as good as they were expected to be.  Not sure Oregon's win over Tech isn't their best ooc win.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

True. I remember pulling for Oregon to win against Tech just for Yormark spite. That was dumb. 

I was in Vegas (Alabama weekend) and had Oregon covering in a parlay that included Texas moneyline over Alabama.  The Tech pick six to end the game allowed Oregon to cover so I was happy about it then.  Little did I know.  

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
That's the thing. I'm not sure that Glenn would be any worse than Rodemaker. Hell, there's a chance he's better.

Exactly. He's an unknown. At least with the other guy, we knew he was terrible.

Would you feel comfortable if we were starting Arch this weekend?

38 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That's the thing. I'm not sure that Glenn would be any worse than Rodemaker. Hell, there's a chance he's better.

could this be the "hey, Tate, buddy, did I tell you you had a concussion? If anyone asks you have a concussion, ok?"

6 hours ago, CastHorn said:

I think if we could have got an OU match up, the committee may have been able to justify us jumping an undefeated FSU. I just don’t see it without a loss. 

not a chance.  it is a zero loss conf champ.  OU is 6 spots different from OSU and beat OU.  it is not like they an unranked 7-5.

3 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

There's all this talk about how weak the ACC and Pac 12 are, but OSU is in the Big 12 championship game after getting completely humiliated by South Alabama and UCF.

sure OSU took 2 bad losses. their SOS is 30 and FSU and Louisville are in the 60's.  OU is 18.

51 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm still shocked they put him back in after he was motionless on the field for a good minute.

I told my wife as soon as I saw him go back out there that his parents should sue the school because he was obviously severely concussed. Whatever doctor cleared him should be fired. 

8 hours ago, Horny04 said:

Best case in my mind: Washington beats Oregon. We dominate the pokes. FSU loses. Michigan struggles with a shitty Iowa team. And Georgia wins.

So go huskies, Hawkeyes, bulldogs and cardinals.

the clearest path includes Oregon winning.

if Washington, Michigan and Georgia win those are 3 spots sewn up 100% no matter what. a 1 loss Texas has no chance of passing a 0 loss Washington

if Oregon wins + Michigan and Georgia, that's 2 spots sewn up and at least a minimal chance for Texas to pass a 1 loss Oregon.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

the clearest path includes Oregon winning.

The clearest path is FSU (or Mich) losing and then it makes zero difference what the outcome of the PAC12 game is.  You could even argue it's better for Washington to win in that scenario if there were concerns about a another 1 loss team in the mix (even though a 1 loss non-champ would almost certainly be out).   

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, blutow said:

The clearest path is FSU (or Mich) losing and then it makes zero difference what the outcome of the PAC12 game is.  You could even argue it's better for Washington to win in that scenario if there were concerns about a another 1 loss team in the mix (even though a 1 loss non-champ would almost certainly be out).   

If Iowa played 3 games vs Michigan do you think they could score double digits? 

1 minute ago, Lat22 said:

What the hell. I’ll play.  We need to win.  We need Georgia and Michigan to win. The winner of the PAC12 is in. Florida State loses. We’re in. 

If Bama wins, no way they’re leaving out Georgia. 

Yes they will. Even Finebaum admitted today that UGA is out if they lose and Texas wins. He didnt like it and advocated against it. But that's the breaks. 

333.png&h=60&w=60

No. 8 Alabama: Path to the playoff: Win the SEC and hope Texas loses. Or win the SEC and have Florida State lose; that would leave Michigan, the Pac-12 champion, Alabama and Texas in the top four. The selection committee would consider one-loss Georgia and one-loss Ohio State in this scenario, but it would be difficult for them to justify, considering Alabama would have knocked off its top team, and Texas would have a win against the SEC champs. If Texas loses but Florida State wins, the top four could be Michigan, the Pac-12 champion, Florida State and Alabama.

3 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

They would for Georgia. 

Let's compare the 3 teams:

1. Conference Championship (Bama and Texas) (Bonus point for Texas they beat the SEC champs and are the only team in the field with a win over another playoff team) Tex > Bama > Georgia

2. Head 2 Head (Adv Texas who beat Bama) (Adv Bama who beat Georgia) Tex > Bama > Georgia

Shit this isnt going to well for Georgia, let's move to item 3....

3. Strength of Schedule (Texas > Bama > Georgia)

Well shit there is always...

4. Common Opponents (Adv Texas who beat Bama on the road) (Georgia lost to Bama at a neutral site)

Well there you have it folks, obviously Georgia is going to get in over Texas!!! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Let's compare the 3 teams:

1. Conference Championship (Bama and Texas) (Bonus point for Texas they beat the SEC champs and are the only team in the field with a win over another playoff team) Tex > Bama > Georgia

2. Head 2 Head (Adv Texas who beat Bama) (Adv Bama who beat Georgia) Tex > Bama > Georgia

Shit this isnt going to well for Georgia, let's move to item 3....

3. Strength of Schedule (Texas > Bama > Georgia)

Well shit there is always...

4. Common Opponents (Adv Texas who beat Bama on the road) (Georgia lost to Bama at a neutral site)

Well there you have it folks, obviously Georgia is going to get in over Texas!!! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

are you just copying and pasting this same reply every 6-12 hours?

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]