ESPN's predictor has these chances to make the playoff:

Washington - 99%
Michigan - 93%
FSU ‐ 70%
Georgia - 57%
Texas - 44%
Alabama - 28%
Ohio State - 10%

Yes, they have Georgia with better odds to get in the Texas or Alabama 8be820117e0a3ef7b0f7c1607fa5cee5.jpg

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Fuck You 6

10 minutes ago, Modessit said:

ESPN's predictor has these chances to make the playoff:

Washington - 99%
Michigan - 93%
FSU ‐ 70%
Georgia - 57%
Texas - 44%
Alabama - 28%
Ohio State - 10%

Yes, they have Georgia with better odds to get in the Texas or Alabama 8be820117e0a3ef7b0f7c1607fa5cee5.jpg

That was at the start of the day today. Hate to break it to ya

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

"The Alabama team is better now" when trying to discount the H2H win against Texas is so dumb. 

If that's how you're going to evaluate who deserves to make it then both Alabama and Texas should make it. They're both clearly better than FSU right now. 

Alabama is better than they were but Texas is the same bro. Do you even SEC, SEC, SEC?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

Lot of ACC on the committee member resumes, inuring the chair. I don’t think this is the year an undefeated ACC champ gets left out. 

You mean the conference that FSU has been saying they're too good for? 

15 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Talking heads do not equal committee that put Oregon over us with no other metric other than eye test. 

And they kept Oregon over us when Oregon only beat Tech by 8 while we fucking destroyed Tech.

I wish I had some of y'all's confidence but they had a hard-on for Oregon even when Texas wrecked Tech, and sure, they have plenty of folks who don't care for Alabama or the SEC, but they also have plenty of folks with ties to the ACC.

And ESPN's CFP percentages seem to change in every game, even if displayed at the same time, almost as if they were aimed at different audiences.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

And they kept Oregon over us when Oregon only beat Tech by 8 while we fucking destroyed Tech.

I wish I had some of y'all's confidence but they had a hard-on for Oregon even when Texas wrecked Tech, and sure, they have plenty of folks who don't care for Alabama or the SEC, but they also have plenty of folks with ties to the ACC.

Yeah and the same committee also had Texas ahead of Bama all year due to the head to head. And they were just humbled by UW with Oregon and the eye test. Head to head rules the day. Kiss my ass Bama. 

• Hook 'Em 3

"The Alabama team is better now" when trying to discount the H2H win against Texas is so dumb. 
If that's how you're going to evaluate who deserves to make it then both Alabama and Texas should make it. They're both clearly better than FSU right now. 

Yeah I heard this from the announcers on the FSU game ironically, while they were trying to gas up FSU. Made no sense.

Logically, whether it’s viewed as direct competition with Bama for the 4 or three teams for two spots, Texas should be in. FSU can point to being undefeated and Texas has the H2H Trump card over Bama. To me the real completion should be Bama’s overall body of work vs FSU as a limping 13-0. I think it’s reasonable to disagree there but the other spot logically has to be Texas regardless of approach.

Bama has had a great year in their own right and most years would comfortably be in the CFP but in this case there is no way they are ahead of Texas unless the committee just says “lolsec”

Maybe they do, I’d be surprised but we’ll find out tomorrow either way.
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

And ESPN's CFP percentages seem to change in every game, even if displayed at the same time, almost as if they were aimed at different audiences.

They had Oregon over Texas before the comparative tech game and it’s not that big of a deal. There was not real H2H or other direct analysis like Texas/Bama. Bama isn’t jumping Texas here, period. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think Oregon is exactly why Texas will get in over Bama. 

Dave Bartoo says the reason Oregon > Texas is because of "game control." That's apparently a metric the committee really prioritizes. It had Oregon ahead of Texas before Oregon lost this weekend. 

Here's where "game control" had the rankings prior to the FSU result. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

“You fucking idiot!!! Texas is in 100%! They’ve never been fucked over before.” -posters in this thread

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 5

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]