THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, G650 said:

I'm not penalizing FSU for having a backup QB, I'm penalizing them because i don't think they are very good.

1 minute ago, B00M said:

But you can’t judge FSU based on the 3rd string QB when we all know the 2nd stringer will be healthy. He’ll also get a month of reps. 

1 minute ago, PTINS said:

I wanted a Johnny 7 - One Man Army, and got a Screaming Mee-Mee.

My son wanted a Jurassic Park Bull Rex, and they were nowhere to be found.

Arnold's kid wanted a Turbo Man.

Sucks as a kid. As a parent, you hear it every year. Sucks x 2. 

One of my cousins got the Millenium Falcon and my aunt told me and my mom that she bought it like 4 days before Christmas and there were still a few on the shelves.  

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

How do we know Rodemaker won’t come out and light it up? How do we know any of the other teams can even score on FSU. Cardale won a natty as 3rd string. 

Cardale put up 59 points on Wisconsin in the big 10 title game. FSU’s backups struggled mightily against really shitty teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Lol, proof the computers are trash and the BCS was terrible.

BCS always sucked when it came to head-to-head.

In 2000, one-loss Washington beat one-loss Miami, who beat one-loss Florida State. Final BCS rankings were #2 FSU, #3 Miami, and #4 Washington.

Just now, AbeFroman said:

Fucking Alex Smith over here

Say what you want about talking heads but the guys on NFL Sunday Countdown are pretty good.   Rex Ryan is great as the "coach".  Rand and Teddy give great analysis on their side of the ball.   Not sure about Alex Smith yet.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

How does it not? I provided like 11 games of Travis completely outplaying his back ups. FSU isn’t the same team without Travis and it makes no sense you want to waste a top 4 spot to prove that

Because your entire point is that the performance doesn’t matter. If the game last night was the same with Travis that would support the argument to leave them out, not leave them in.

To me, there are three problematic precedents putting Alabama in creates:

1. If over Texas, It explicitly refutes a stated rule about the primacy of head to head results.  It makes what was unsaid, that they are more guidelines than rules, openly said. 
2. if picked over FSU, regardless of how awful the Seminoles looked last night, it overturns a decade of precedent that undefeated conference champs get in (assuming somebody has a loss), regardless of SOS, eyeball, etc. 

3. it more or less makes the SEC champ an autobid.  And it will empower Sankey and his successors to eventually argue 2 loss champs are also autobid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

With the exact same result? Yes, I think absolutely it would be up in the air.

You are conflating my take on FSUs worth vs what the committee will do, which aren't the same thing though.

I'm not penalizing FSU for having a backup QB, I'm penalizing them because i don't think they are very good.

Ok, I'm tracking now. You could make a pretty strong argument the they aren't one of the 4 best teams even with Travis. Though, I think we all agree the committee would have them as a slam dunk--right or wrong--with a healthy Travis.

I'll totally understand from a football/business/quality/ratings/realistic/ACC sucks/etc. perspective when (if) they leave FSU out, but it still feels gross. They attempted to schedule well and beat every team they could.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Bateshorn said:

To me, there are three problematic precedents putting Alabama in creates:

1. If over Texas, It explicitly refutes a stated rule about the primacy of head to head results.  It makes what was unsaid, that they are more guidelines than rules, openly said. 
2. if picked over FSU, regardless of how awful the Seminoles looked last night, it overturns a decade of precedent that undefeated conference champs get in (assuming somebody has a loss), regardless of SOS, eyeball, etc. 

3. it more or less makes the SEC champ an autobid.  And it will empower Sankey and his successors to eventually argue 2 loss champs are also autobid. 

Well except this is the last year, so they don't really have to worry about what precedents they overturn or set....and conference champs I believe are going to be automatic in new 12 team model sooooo

1 minute ago, UTGrad98 said:

They have to be at the Gaylord correct?

Correct

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]