THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I should go back and track all the people in this thread (including you and immamac) that told me either that we wanted Georgia to win or that rooting for Alabama was pointless. If Georgia had won, we would have been out. Some crow needs to be served. 

Not so sure on that.

They put us at 3, ABOVE Bama (obviously the SEC rep/bias/ whatever you want to call it)....If JOJA is in, we are most likely the team that knocks out FSU. 

Were IN, so F it, All that matters.

University Of Texas GIF by Jeopardy!

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

If Georgia had won we'd be 4th, I said all along the only thing that mattered was us winning and how they felt about FSU and that we would go in ahead of an undefeated FSU

I don't think so. It would have been easy to leave Texas out and just go with the undefeated FSU. With Bama winning they felt they had to put the SEC champ in and if they put Bama in they had to put us ahead of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BillyGoatHill said:

Not so sure on that.

They put us at 3, ABOVE Bama (obviously the SEC rep/bias/ whatever you want to call it)....If JOJA is in, we are most likely the team that knocks out FSU. 

Were IN, so F it, All that matters.

University Of Texas GIF by Jeopardy!

If Bama doesn’t win then they leave FSU in. Bama winning is what put us in

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I think we're wildly lucky that FSU's QB wrecked his leg.  

The committee was always going to shove an $EC team into the playoff whether they deserved to be there or not.  Travis going down gave them the excuse to kick the Noles.  If it wasn't them it was going to be us.  Gotta have their sweet, precious, E$PN backed team in there no matter what.

Good to know you can lose by double digits at home, barely squeak by USF, need a last second hail mary to win versus a 6-6 squad, and still get a spot in the CFP over an undefeated P5 conference champ.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

TCU was not the conference champion and a one loss team, lost their game before the CFP. If you hate my take even more reason why the dog FSU should be in. Who is to say their defense won’t keep it tight and their RBs run the ball well enough to win? 

I’m no fan of the committee. I think they’ve screwed many teams over the life of CFP.

TCU was not the first nor the only non-conf-champ to make the cut.

The 20/20 hindsight about TCU is based on the ass-kicking delivered to them by Georgia.

And I believe the win over Michigan prior to that ass-kicking validated them being there.

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

You know what that means! Looch will call(beg) aggy boosters to go fund another record recruiting class via bag money plus NIL. Can’t let the sips win the arms race. lol.

I mean it’s upsetting to OU fans and we don’t have a massive inferiority complex (yet).  

I can’t imagine being aggy right now (or ever, thank God).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SameSame said:

Why is it always the most transparent douche bags scream about God the most?

Can you not have your faith and beliefs without hiding behind it for all your crap ass behavior?

There's an old hymn I remember from being a kid in church that goes, "And they'll know we are Christians by our love..."

Which is exactly why you should avoid people who feel the need to advertise that they're Christian.

If they had won the game in exactly the same ugly fashion with Jordan Travis as their quarterback, they're 100% in, not a single question asked, correct?

If you ignore their schedule, then sure.

FSUs toughest opponent = LSU.
That’s Bamas 4th toughest.

FSU did not play any of the top 4 ACC finishers in the regular season. Their top finisher? Va Tech. The same Va Tech that lost to Rutgers (6-6), Purdue (4-8) and Marshall (3-5 in the Sun Belt).

Southern Miss won 3 games and lost to ACU and Tarleton by combined 38. North Alabama won 3 and lost to Mercer (Ole Miss maybe beat Mercer 73-7).

Travis or not, FSU has done nothing to prove they’re more deserving other than beating the crappy teams on their schedule. Georgia, Ohio State, Bama, Texas, Washington, Michigan, Oregon. Yeah. I’d put money that at least 4 go undefeated against that schedule.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:
You can do better than that 

You underestimate how low I can go. I have a handle of Seagrams lol

What’s funny is a wasn’t even talking about the Knob Creek. I was referring to that weak one finger pour.

Drink up! We are fucking going to the CFP!

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Doesn't the ACC have an automatic berth in the playoff starting next year? Don't transfer yet dudes.

On that warchant YouTube channel they are saying fsu needs to leave the acc and join the big 10 or sec.  Even though they admit that fsu would have been in with the 12 team playoffs starting next year.  I get that they are upset but they need to step off the ledge 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1