The Home Stretch - Big 12 Championship Scenarios

Js1

19 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Would definitely rather face OSU... we are banged up and OU already played earlier today..they would have more time to recover than our guys...OSU gets less time to recover from their game tomorrow. 

Plus, eternal scoreboard over OSU in play.  

After teabagging Yormarks sunken eye sockets on the Jumbotron, we are going to have to pull a 77-0 beat down if it’s OSU.   2015 OSU will be a lighthearted affair compared to the marching orders Kevin Mar is going to get.  

He has shown himself to be a petty little bitch, it will probably be 20-0 in penalty margin so we will just have to crush their souls and burn the B12 down.

So after Texas and OU winning, now there are only 2 possible scenarios?  TWO games' results removed 126 of the possibilities??   How many of the 128 scenarios involved: Texas leaves conference early, Earthquake consumes OU team, Texas boycotts league after idiotic commissioner claims, etc?

Yeah... right - Reaction GIFs

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

Cross post:

If we’re too scared of a rematch with OU, then we don’t deserve to talk about the playoffs. Our players should be much more motivated for a rematch with OU, especially after how they conducted themselves after the RRS win. Bring it on.

Conflating message board fans' hesitancy with the players' attitudes is silly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Cross post:

If we’re too scared of a rematch with OU, then we don’t deserve to talk about the playoffs. Our players should be much more motivated for a rematch with OU, especially after how they conducted themselves after the RRS win. Bring it on.

They'll show up and play whomever is on that field in Arlington. Wanting the easier path for our team is what I'm looking at. 

• Like 1

I’d take the higher probable path to the playoff and that is with oklahoma state in the game, not ou.

I also wouldn’t count out Oklahoma state just yet. They were in a similar situation against Houston and came back pretty easily, albeit this is a deeper hole. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Cross post:

Who is we? The fans?

I want to be in the playoff, osu is obviously the easiest route. 

Lots of football left to play. so OSU can still comeback... but obviously OU poses more issues for us than OSU. I think we will beat OU either way. But I think its understandable to rather not play a heated rivalry matchup with high intensity and a high potential for injuries unless we have to. 

However, I want payback. So I would welcome a gooners matchup. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah. But fuck man, we are carrying around over a decade of trauma. Hopefully I don’t die watching the game next week.

Yea, 7AM local time Big 12 championship game against OU with CFP chances on the line? I might prescribe myself a beta blocker.

• Like 1

I don't get the consternation.  If we can't beat OU, then so be it, we don't belong in the playoff.  If we beat OU, we have a much better chance of getting in the playoff, because we will have (a) another "very good" win and (b) have avenged our only loss.

Fuck playing OSU.  Bring on the dirt burglars.  93 is going to destroy them, and I will be gruntled.

40 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't get the consternation.  If we can't beat OU, then so be it, we don't belong in the playoff.  If we beat OU, we have a much better chance of getting in the playoff, because we will have (a) another "very good" win and (b) have avenged our only loss.

Fuck playing OSU.  Bring on the dirt burglars.  93 is going to destroy them, and I will be gruntled.

I want OU. I think it is the easiest game considering how much we will want it. It is hard to beat a team twice. It will do the most for our playoff chances. 

1 minute ago, po elvis said:

I want OU. I think it is the easiest game considering how much we will want it. It is hard to beat a team twice. It will do the most for our playoff chances. 

Plus it’s funny and fitting that the two getting out of here would be the one’s playing in the title game.

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Oklahoma State is Texas Tech with better WRs. 

1) Great RB

2) QB that will just throw the ball in the air for interceptions if you get pressure. 

3) You can create issues on the perimeter for Oklahoma State defensively with elite athletes. 

No matter how beat up they are or how brain dead stupid Gundy is, I’ll expect them to play their absolute best game against us. It’s who they are.

• Hook 'Em 1