Texas vs tcu - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

Good coaches have teams that get better as the season progresses. See Alabama. 

Mediocre coaches barely beat or lose to teams over and over that have inferior talent. 

In the past, Texas fans thought they had great talent but discovered they didn’t. This year, this is a loaded roster.

This is not going very well right now. Thoughts of making the playoff are a waste of time. This team will struggle to win out. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

Still in shock, have no clue how the coaches let TCU hang around.  I know this guy can recruit and has what I think are great plays he does scheme a lot of open receivers. My heart ache comes from his piss poor game management.  Sometimes a single first down is all that is needed to put a team down and out.  Pounding the ball and they can’t stop it and here comes the shit tastic wr screen giving up yardage.  Glad this team found a way to win but damn Sark you are killing us.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Every team in the top 10 would boat race the fuck out of this team.

It's like you haven't followed college football this year. 

1) Penn State plays 2 good teams a year (Ohio State and Michigan). Loses both games every year like this weekend.

2) We already beat Bama at their house. 

3) Washington doesn't play a lick of D. Lucky to escape the last two weeks against USC and Utah. 

4) Florida State had to get a stop on the final drive to beat an average Miami team this weekend at home. 

5) Ole Miss got handled by Georgia. Ole Miss would be at 3 losses if not for Tulane's starting QB being injured. 

But yeah, other than that right on the money. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Bama would destroy Texas today.

The frustrating thing about the past few weeks is that this is definitely not true and I’m not even sure the matchup looks that different than it did then. Alabama is good enough that stress never built a 20 point lead and took its foot off the gas.
Bye bye El sha
He’s pissed and I don’t know what was going on tonite but something is very wrong/off

Why do you think that? This is par for the course.

Just now, orangebird said:

Not a surprise, Dusty Dvoracek is a fucking Sooner.  He'd root for Nazi Germany if they were playing against the Longhorns.

I had the TV on mute for much of the game, much more pleasant viewing experience...aside from Texas shitting the bed in the second half.

I'm just struck by the almost comical difference between:

Calm, composed, analytical 1st-half Dvoracek who heaps praise on Texas

vs

Final-drive, game-on-the-line Dvoracek, "LATE HIT!  LATE HIT!  YOU HAVE TO CALL THAT!  THAT WAS BRUTAL!"  Just constant lobbying for any kind of a flag against Texas on every snap down the stretch.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Ewers threw floaters all night.  Not looking good 

It's kind of what he does.  He almost never actually steps into a throw, it's either back foot or flat foot.  His superior arm strength has let him get away with it.

A shoulder separation kind of puts some pressure on that arm strength.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Good coaches have teams that get better as the season progresses. See Alabama. 

Mediocre coaches barely beat or lose to teams over and over that have inferior talent. 

In the past, Texas fans thought they had great talent but discovered they didn’t. This year, this is a loaded roster.

This is not going very well right now. Thoughts of making the playoff are a waste of time. This time will struggle to win out. 

Fucking this.   Saban has adjusted and his team is firing on all cylinders.   Texas starts strong.  Does just enough to win, and limp dicks their way through the third and fourth quarters.   No fire.  No drive.  Just hang on and enjoy a down conference and smile for the cameras 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I’m not sure what’s going on/happening but Sark was pissed all night. He looked pissed. I don’t know what happened quite honestly but we came out flat in the third. Ewers body language wise looked off all night. I’m not sure what the deal is but we should have been able to put them away the way Georgia did Ole Miss(out) but we didn’t. The loss of Brooks aside there is something else wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Dusty has been very, very complimentary of Texas this entire year, even when other analysts weren’t. 

The announcers were fellatiating Texas in the first half. TCU was the team storming back in the second. Texas didn’t give them anything good to say. People are just butthurt.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's like you haven't followed college football this year. 

1) Penn State plays 2 good teams a year (Ohio State and Michigan). Loses both games every year like this weekend.

2) We already beat Bama at their house. 

3) Washington doesn't play a lick of D. Lucky to escape the last two weeks against USC and Utah. 

4) Florida State had to get a stop on the final drive to beat an average Miami team this weekend at home. 

5) Ole Miss got handled by Georgia. Ole Miss would be at 3 losses if not for Tulane's starting QB being injured. 

But yeah, other than that right on the money. 

Keep on thinking our team would beat Bama at this point in the season.

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

I'm just struck by the almost comical difference between:

Calm, composed, analytical 1st-half Dvoracek who heaps praise on Texas

vs

Final-drive, game-on-the-line Dvoracek, "LATE HIT!  LATE HIT!  YOU HAVE TO CALL THAT!  THAT WAS BRUTAL!"  Just constant lobbying for any kind of a flag against Texas on every snap down the stretch.  

Well, they want a good game and/or drama. That makes for better TV.

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Go have a snickers, I want to enjoy a win while the game is still happening. Also eternal score board is more fun when you blow them out.

While I agree, crushing a team and destroying their will doesn’t seem to be something Sark picked up from Saban. He’s an escape artist, but he’s won. If he wants to keep being an escape artist and keep winning, cool. I’d love for this team to win a championship by 30, but if he wants to escape by 3 points through the playoffs, that’s fine too.

Just now, Thatguy said:

You guys are fucking regarded. Pretty clear QE isn't 100%. Sark seemed to want nothing to do with putting him in harm's way once we got up on them. I can appreciate that. He called his number in the end and QE delivered. On to the next. Quit fucking crying.

This. Obviously Ewers was about 60-70% and wanted to play because he trusted himself with the season on the line more than Murphy. Survive and advance and keep getting healthier. If we win out, it is far more likely than not that we will make the playoffs.

Just now, Thatguy said:

You guys are fucking regarded. Pretty clear QE isn't 100%. Sark seemed to want nothing to do with putting him in harm's way once we got up on them. I can appreciate that. He called his number in the end and QE delivered. On to the next. Quit fucking crying.

I agree for the most part.  The Oline was awful this game.  I am more pissed at them than Sark.  We have too much talent in that room to be this bad at closing teams out on the ground.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

We are very flawed. We are very vulnerable without Brooks. Another ugly win but we can't sustain this pattern.

This is definitely not sustainable.

Holding our breath and hoping for the best can only work so many times.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

The frustrating thing about the past few weeks is that this is definitely not true and I’m not even sure the matchup looks that different than it did then. Alabama is good enough that stress never built a 20 point lead and took its foot off the gas.

This is it right here. PK and Sark both completely flip script when up big, that doesn’t happen against better teams. Infuriating, but we would still hang with Bama just fine*

*with Brooks 

I really didn’t want to buy Big XII championship tickets but figured I’ll be happy if we made it.  Not so sure as I can’t take these games.  

Second half was a total team effort. Awful.  Sark set the tone with his second half game management.  Declining the offsides penalty on the punt is just an example of how lost he is during the game.  Time to get an offensive coordinator.

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

That was a second half of which Turtle Tom would be proud.

that second half and about 4 others this season.  OC gonna OC.  we will know everything we need to know about Sark next season.   Unfortunately I don't think it is going to be kind to him.

3 minutes ago, warhorn8 said:

I don’t know, the walk off field goal against aggy is still pretty sweet.

We were not very good and still won that day. Today we are 10 times better then those guys and we play like shit down the stretch. Only you would see a similarity. It tells me everything I need to know about how you think when it comes to wins.

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

This is obviously a stepping stone program.

first year we sucked

last year we lost close

this year we win close 

next year: 

Alabama Football GIF by ESPN

That's actually probably a pretty reasonable take.  Winning the B12 was achievable with a small amount of luck.  Everything after that was gravy.

But the notion that we had 100% fixed last year's problems was pretty ludicrous, especially considering injuries.  We have made some improvements.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic