Game Week 13, 2023: Texas v OSU championship edition

Wulaw Horn

3 hours ago, ousux said:
On 11/27/2023 at 11:50 AM, Pokoloco said:
We're playing with house money. This is a 2-10 team that bumblefucked (aka Gundied) its way to a 9-3 season.
If we play loose with a nothing to lose attitude and Texas plays tight...this can be interesting.

Nope, this is a decent team who Gundied their way to 3 losses, but also Gundied their way to 9 wins and a deserved spot in the CCG. Anyone who expects the Pokes to be sand aggy 2.0 are misguided at best. No way we should lose to this team, but in spite of this past Friday we've made winning look far too hard this season in many games.

All I know is that they have an immobile QB and their offense runs through their RB, which plays right into our defense's strengths.

• Hook 'Em 6

Actually we didn't do too bad. https://big12sports.com/documents/2023/11/28//2023_All_Big_12_Release.pdf

Mitchell was Offensive Newcomer of the Year

Sweat was Defensive Player of the Year

Hill was co-Defensive Freshman of the Year

Murphy was Defensive Lineman of the Year (which doesn't make much sense with Sweat being the Defensive Player of the Year...but whatever)

Worthy was first team WR and first team KR/PR

Sanders was first team TE

Banks was first team OL

Sideshow Bert was First Team Kicker

Murphy, Sweat, and Ford were first team Defense

Brooks was second team RB

Mitchell was second team WR

Barron was second team defense

Kind of wild that Ewers wasn't second team QB but whatever. I expected us to be screwed over and we were only moderately screwed over.

Just now, Bevo14 said:

All I know is that they have an immobile QB and their offense runs through their RB, which plays right into our defense's strengths.

Yeah as much as I fear Gundy and his ability to beat Texas, on paper the matchups certainly favor us.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

I mean....

I get it.  OSU was picked 7th and are in the champ game.  Texas was picked first and finished 1st and in the champ game.

Sark met expectations. Gundy blew them away.

I mean, they aren’t very talented because Gundy is a redneck shit head who ran off a bunch of his good players. Seems like that should factor in.

But happy for the bulletin board material. This team seems to have some of that “and I took that personal” energy, no matter how small the slight. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Emotion Reaction GIF

Brian Bosworth plays the Sheriff of Fansville in the Doctor Pepper commercials.  He was/is also a real estate agent in Malibu, CA.  

In the next episode of Stuff Bullneck Remembers we'll discuss the movie classic Stone Cold:

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 2

This Sooner will be throwing up the Horns this weekend.  I hope you beat their asses and scream the loudest SEC SEC SEC in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.   
So long Big 12 and thanks for all the trophies.
This is the only game that chant will be appropriate...and yes I know a few Texas fans got it going vs Tech. (Yormark was there so forgiven)

17 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, MalibuSheriff said:
This Sooner will be throwing up the Horns this weekend.  I hope you beat their asses and scream the loudest SEC SEC SEC in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.   emoji869.png
So long Big 12 and thanks for all the trophies.

This is the only game that chant will be appropriate...and yes I know a few Texas fans got it going vs Tech. (Yormark was there so forgiven)

Can we seriously please not do this?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Texas wins, confetti comes down, everyone is cheering, then all the lights go out and the gong hits. Crowd goes nuts and Taker comes out to deliver a Tombstone to Yormark on the 50 yard line. 

I'm not generally a fan of booing teams or folks,  but I would love to hear a defining chorus of boos when Yormak steps on that podium after a Longhorn win.

31 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Bobby 

Derek Anderson will be the head official for the Big 12 title game

No Mar or Alvarez?

B12 Brett put out the word to avoid the bullshit - we are the main draw at 11am on Saturday, Texas in the CFP with a win and FSU loss.  He don't want the heat with Mar or Alvarez fucking us over for 4 hours.

• Hook 'Em 4

A reason the big 12 may not want to screw us with reffing:  There is a scenario where a Texas win could completely knock the SEC out of the playoff.  Yormark might like that more than he hates Texas for leaving.  Also being the early game and not knowing the results of the games to come probably helps our cause too.  

Edited by chemHORN

• Pancho locked this topic