Game Week 13, 2023: Texas v OSU championship edition

Wulaw Horn

15 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I mean, they aren’t very talented because Gundy is a redneck shit head who ran off a bunch of his good players. Seems like that should factor in.

Huh? 

Let's review key players who left and why:

• Mason Cobb (LB) - got NIL payday from USC 
  • Jabbar Muhammad (CB) - got NIL payday from Washington
  • Thomas Harper (S) - got NIL payday from Notre Dame
  • Spencer Sanders - wanted a bigger NIL payday than he had at OSU - settled for Ole Miss when no other options came to pass. Rode the bench all year.
  • Bryson Green (WR) - portaled to Wisconsin because he was behind two other WR starters at X
  • Braylin Presley (WR) - portalted to Tulsa because he said he wanted to be given a shot at RB (lol he's 5'8" and like 165 pounds - barely played on a shitty Tulsa team this year)
  • John Paul Richardson (WR) - really the only head-scratcher. Portaled to TCU. Gets to stay home for the holidays now instead of playing in the Big 12 title game.

It would have been nice to have JPR this year with all of the WR injuries we had; really Muhammad and Harper were the only big losses, but not much you can do if you're out-bid by richer programs. 

1 hour ago, chemHORN said:

Yormark might like that more than he hates Texas for leaving.

False. He has made a complete clown of himself over his hatred for Texas. He won't be walking that back for money or anything else. He is the embodiment of the petty bitches that make up this conference.

Do they attempt to rig the game? We shall see.

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Huh? 

Let's review key players who left and why:

• Mason Cobb (LB) - got NIL payday from USC 
  • Jabbar Muhammad (CB) - got NIL payday from Washington
  • Thomas Harper (S) - got NIL payday from Notre Dame
  • Spencer Sanders - wanted a bigger NIL payday than he had at OSU - settled for Ole Miss when no other options came to pass. Rode the bench all year.
  • Bryson Green (WR) - portaled to Wisconsin because he was behind two other WR starters at X
  • Braylin Presley (WR) - portalted to Tulsa because he said he wanted to be given a shot at RB (lol he's 5'8" and like 165 pounds - barely played on a shitty Tulsa team this year)
  • John Paul Richardson (WR) - really the only head-scratcher. Portaled to TCU. Gets to stay home for the holidays now instead of playing in the Big 12 title game.

It would have been nice to have JPR this year with all of the WR injuries we had; really Muhammad and Harper were the only big losses, but not much you can do if you're out-bid by richer programs. 

Sure thing; poor Gundy. 

OSU has been starting out slow….picking up momentum in the 2nd half…..we gotta play a full 4 qtrs all out game.  
This will likely be the final NFL audition for many of our players, and they know with an 11am kick all eyes will be on them. Like last Friday, there will be no second half fade.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Ol Mikey thinks he has Sark's play calling all figured out.
I bet he is going to gamble on trying to predict run or pass and will get burned.
His defense still has to stop whatever play is called.
He's talking a lot of shit for a short man.
He's about to fuck around and find out.

https://www.si.com/college/texas/football/oklahoma-state-cowboys-coach-mike-gundy-predicts-texas-longhorns-steve-sarkisian-stay-in-his-box-big-12-championship

"(Coach Sarkisian) wants to run the football, he's always wanted to run the football," Gundy said. "He's going to max protect. He's going to throw the ball down the field eight to 10 times a game. He's going to max protect and run those guys down the field and try to throw the ball over your head and get big plays. He's going to run his zone play, he's going to run his counter and he's going to stay in his box. That's what he does. He's going to use his tight ends, he's going to move them. He's going to block down. He's going to drag them across the field. That's what he does and he pretty much stays in his box.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

x-posting but no fucking shit Ketch. Your dumbass publication fucking should be pumping out pro texas to playoffs....same with those fuck sticks at the AAS

How the fuck can you be "a local journalist" for this long and not already understand that?

4 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

I bet he is going to gamble on trying to predict run or pass and will get burned.

https://www.si.com/college/texas/football/oklahoma-state-cowboys-coach-mike-gundy-predicts-texas-longhorns-steve-sarkisian-stay-in-his-box-big-12-championship

"(Coach Sarkisian) wants to run the football, he's always wanted to run the football," Gundy said. "He's going to max protect. He's going to throw the ball down the field eight to 10 times a game. He's going to max protect and run those guys down the field and try to throw the ball over your head and get big plays. He's going to run his zone play, he's going to run his counter and he's going to stay in his box. That's what he does. He's going to use his tight ends, he's going to move them. He's going to block down. He's going to drag them across the field. That's what he does and he pretty much stays in his box.”

I thought the OSU posters said Gundy had become like Buddha and only did coach speak.

Because damn. He is shitting all over us. I mean good for you Gundy, you beat our ass over and over.

Hope we beat his ass.

29 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He probably has something up his sleeve.

He's also challenging our team to show how they've changed.

Fuck around and find out, bitch.

I would guess he is going to follow the Sark Rules. Take away the explosives (deep ball), make Sark be patient, and see if Texas can score in the red zone. 

1 hour ago, Both Tacos said:

Come out throwing crossing patterns and quick slants over the middle. Won't know what hit him

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Get up big and then hang on the second half? 

Scoring by Quarter

1Q- 7.7  (3.0 allowed)

2Q- 10.2 (4.4)

3Q- 7.8 (4.2)

4Q- 9.3  (5.7)

Texas has out-scored the opposition in every quarter this year.. It was really just 2 games, where Texas reverted to poor 4Qs..

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2023 Season:

Baylor
BYU

2022 Season:

UTSA
OU

All blowouts that went our way. Nice. 

51 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I would guess he is going to follow the Sark Rules. Take away the explosives (deep ball), make Sark be patient, and see if Texas can score in the red zone. 

Sark seems to have figured out that Quinn just can’t throw the deep ball accurately and hasn’t forced it nearly as much as he did last year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Duane Moore said:

Sark seems to have figured out that Quinn just can’t throw the deep ball accurately and hasn’t forced it nearly as much as he did last year. 

Still works. Sark is throwing less shots, because more people play over the top of the Texas this year. The offense sputters at times, because they are not consistent down to down. Texas is highly dependent on big plays. Not easy, but forcing Texas to execute 8-12 play drives and score in the red zone is a solid strategy.. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

IMO our run game is more consistent this year and Sark has dialed in the intermediate stuff.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

x-posting but no fucking shit Ketch. Your dumbass publication fucking should be pumping out pro texas to playoffs....same with those fuck sticks at the AAS

Texas media is a worthless bunch of shitbags that seem to actively work to suborn the program’s interests. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Texas media is a worthless bunch of shitbags that seem to actively work to suborn the program’s interests. 

Yep but once we are in the SECSECSEC we will be worshipped by the Mouse and that's what matters most. Just watch.

5 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Why the fuck has the Big 12 Championship game always been at 11:00am?  Could that not be rotated with say the ACC game which is always shitty and at night?  Thank god we are leaving this shithole conference.

Fuck the Rig 12. If we manage to win Saturday, Sarkisian should shove the trophy up Brett Yormark's ass. Sideways.

7 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Why the fuck has the Big 12 Championship game always been at 11:00am?  Could that not be rotated with say the ACC game which is always shitty and at night?  Thank god we are leaving this shithole conference.

For a while it was in the evening 

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I thought the OSU posters said Gundy had become like Buddha and only did coach speak.

Because damn. He is shitting all over us. I mean good for you Gundy, you beat our ass over and over.

Hope we beat his ass.

I don’t get how this is “shitting all over you.”

He literally gives a high-level summary like this about every team we play every single week.  

Just because the title is some stupid click-baity headline doesn’t mean that was what the actual content was.

He’s just talking about general offensive concepts not “predicting the playcalling”, FFS.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

For a while it was in the evening 

Yeah, the 2009 CCG was at night because we got back to Austin at like 1:30 in the morning.  With a stop in Waco in our UT gear for some late night Whataburger.  That was fun. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

The 2001 game was for sure at night because we drove back from Dallas that night and got home late as fuck.

It appears the Big 12 got bumped to 11am once we returned to having it after the "one true champ" hiatus. 

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Yep... we got to watch the dominos fall our way all day leading up to that game. And then...

movie theater popcorn GIF

I remember watching the start of the game on the TV at home.  Deep pass to Sloan Thomas on the first possession.  Punched it in.  Asskicking initiated. 

Then I hopped in the car to drive about an hour and half or so to a party where there would be drugs and sluts.  I was so pumped. 

Ran into the house to check on the assbeating status.  Became immediately sad.  Ingested drugs, didn't bang a slut.

Worst night ever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Scoring by Quarter

1Q- 7.7  (3.0 allowed)

2Q- 10.2 (4.4)

3Q- 7.8 (4.2)

4Q- 9.3  (5.7)

Texas has out-scored the opposition in every quarter this year.. It was really just 2 games, where Texas reverted to poor 4Qs..

I was mostly joking. That 3rd quarter number surprises me a bit. Curious what it looks like if you take out Tech (24-0 in 3rd). Allowing nearly twice as many points in the 4th as the 1st definitely tracks with how I've felt about our defense.  

• Pancho locked this topic