SEC Championship Bama v. Georgia

Zeus

The thing about Texas is that there isn't a TV ratings drop off compared to Bama. In fact, we'd probably be a bigger draw than them. Yes it's B12 vs. SEC conference wise but Texas is actually the bigger brand and would be fresh and exciting.

Also - I kind of think the CFP would like to stick it to the SEC. There's only one committe member from the SEC and they're from UK. 

You can’t set a precedent that early season non-conference games don’t matter. If Texas gets fucked, I’d cancel the Michigan home-and-home tomorrow. What’s the fucking point if no one respects what happens on the field? We beat them by 10 in their building and bled out the last 7 minutes of the game. We kneed it out at their 30 yard line.

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

I said this two pages ago, and I’m getting negged….good luck buddy.

SEC will never be left out of the CFP given the success they have had over the years. Bama just punched their ticket. I would like to believe we would jump FSU even if they win, especially if it's an ugly win, but who knows? The committee's mandate is to pick the 4 best teams they believe, not the 4 most deserving teams. FSU would be a deserving team with a win, but may not be one of the 4 best.

18 minutes ago, Constant said:

Y’all are oddly confident they won’t put Alabama in. 

I think the Bama win bodes worse for FSU than us because we won convincingly today. If FSU wins ugly, they are the ones likely to be held out if SECSEC really is a thing. They have to win and look real good doing it to then make the committee have to pick between Bama and Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Constant said:

They don’t give a shit about your worms. They have preferred the SEC over every conference since the beginning of this committee. Y’all are flat crazy if you think they leave the SEC out. Cope with it any way you need to. 

Texas absolutely needs FSU to lose. 

Fuck off Sooner pig

9 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Gonna be a real bad look for CFB if an undefeated FSU team gets left out for a Bama squad that lost to us, a team who also gets left out.  

You can't argue most deserving because FSU is undefeated.  You can't argue best because we beat Bama by double digits in their own house.

Undefeated with a lousy SOS. That matters

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I think the Bama win bodes worse for FSU than us because we won convincingly today. If FSU wins ugly, they are the ones likely to be held out if SECSEC really is a thing. They have to win and look real good doing it to then make the committee have to pick between Bama and Texas. 

Y’all are just too close to the sun on this one. The committee is more likely to put both Bama and Georgia in than they are to leave out both. 

14 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

And as of a couple of hours ago, we're an SEC team, so they aren't really getting shut out...

If that was legally correct, y’all could file an injunction demanding that all future bowl championship series communications and advertising be prohibited from listing you as anything but an SEC team.  Just to fuck with your past commissioner. 

But I think you agreed to enter the SEC at the end of the 2023-2024 academic year.  Bragging rights wise, though, there is nothing to stop your claim. 

4 minutes ago, TriStone said:

... then they'll be an undefeated conference champion and will not be left out of the playoff.

So deserving over better team? could be....it is an argument they are going to have to have. The good news for FSU is they have a large fan base that travels well....that is also a factor.