Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Bowden hasn't been there in a long fucking time.  This is as absurd as the Mizzou fans trying to whip themselves into a frenzy over what Deloss said a decade earlier (possibly while they were still in conference with us).  

Yup Bowden has been gone but the easier schedule remains.  They locked in what they thought would be a long term strategic advantage and that candy assed decision is proving very costly.   Sorry but it's fucking hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Finebaum’s primary argument this morning is founded on “FSU’S starting QB is injured”. No one is calling out the same situation with tOSU 10 years ago. It’s irritating me.

Finebaum is stumping for the SEC as he should cause that’s his money but the talking heads should bring up tOSU to counteract his argument. 

lol.
Sorry you got irritated, but that OSU team would destroy that FSU team. This FSU team had a great season and went undefeated but they left the choice up to a committee instead of taking control of their own destiny. “Win and we’re in” signs were bullshit and the people that made them, that took them to the games, and displayed them during the games, knew that. They wanted it to be true but it just wasn’t. Is that fair? No, it wasn’t. Are these the best 4 teams? Probably. Will this get eyeballs to the TVs? 100%

35 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Wisky had 4 turnovers. tOSU had 300 yds rushing. It’s a stretch to say the QB hung 60 points when it was a total team domination.

Esta. 

33 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Just seems like a funky year with six teams that all have an argument to be in. Seems like most years it is 2-4.

I'm throwing Georgia in that mix too. With four, they lost their shot but I'd honestly like to see them have a shot at a title. If they had the same record but played Bama in Week 5 and lost, they'd be in. Just a situation where they lost at the wrong time. 

“…lost at the wrong time.”

Ive heard this same phrase used when Texas was trying to get back in the game or with several other left out teams, and now the shoes on the other foot. Yeah, it sucks. We absolutely get it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

This FSU team had a great season and went undefeated but they left the choice up to a committee instead of taking control of their own destiny.

I got news for you. All the teams left the choice up to a committee. That’s how all of this works.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Florida Man not taking the snub well. 

Ooohhhh, he's demanding answers

giphy(1).gif.33ca177609358dbba88528378ccb4d98.gif

Might want to loop ACC commissioner Jim Phillips in on the conversation 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story?id=33066224&_slug_=acc-commissioner-jim-phillips-says-cfp-expansion-wait-changes-sport-evaluated

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GenXer said:

I got news for you. All the teams left the choice up to a committee. That’s how all of this works.

Right. Those teams did what they had to do to be impressive enough to garner being selected. So why are you irritated?

Is it because you don’t like that they used more than one criteria point for their assessment?

The committee choose the best 4 teams to play each other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Right. Those teams did what they had to do to be impressive enough to garner being selected. So why are you irritated?

Is it because you don’t like that they used more than one criteria point for their assessment?

The committee choose the best 4 teams to play each other. 

I’m not irritated with the committee and their criteria. It’s subjective. FSU got hosed. All they can do is win their games, and they did. Including a win against LSU.

What’s irritating me is Finebaum. His argument is FSU lost their QB so that should exclude them from the playoff. History has shown a team can win it all with a 3rd stringer. I’d like for the talking heads to at least mention this as an argument against his weak point.

27 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You don't think it's time to expand yet? Yo, Jimmy....

I’m not irritated with the committee and their criteria. It’s subjective. FSU got hosed. All they can do is win their games, and they did. Including a win against LSU.
What’s irritating me is Finebaum. His argument is FSU lost their QB so that should exclude them from the playoff. History has shown a team can win it all with a 3rd stringer. I’d like for the talking heads to at least mention this as an argument against his weak point.

Brock Glenn had a better QBR in the Florida game where he went 0/1 than he did in the Louisville game where he actually completed a pass

3e89e400faecb75d8b3160afb9180a34.jpg
faa48829b013727eddc66b910404d46d.jpg

Rodemakers QBR vs 5-7 Florida is horseshit. He’d be in Glenn territory vs Michigan
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

What you believe shouldn’t matter. They went undefeated and had a decent OOC schedule. They should be in over Alabama.

The Alabama mulligan is making cfp boring.

1. Deserve got nothing to do with it

2. I agree that my beliefs don't and shouldn't matter. But the committee's beliefs do matter. The committee's job is to find the four best teams, and that's what they did.

3. Not losing doesn't mean much when your OOC has Southern Miss and FCS North Alabama, you're from the weakest P5 conference, and they're chanting "overrated" at you in Boston.

4. FSU and Alabama had a common opponent, LSU, and while FSU had a higher margin of victory, Alabama could have run up the score if they'd opted to go for a 4th and 1 instead of a long FG (which was missed). This is not situation like the one we had with the common opponent between Texas and Oregon, where the margins of victory were hugely disparate (50 points vs 8 points) and where the game between Oregon and Texas Tech was actually closer than the final 8-point margin of victory indicated.

5. I look at Alabama's schedule, and I see probable losses for a full-strength FSU against Texas, Ole Miss, and Georgia, and I see close games (possible losses) against USF and Arky. The chance they emerge from that gauntlet unbeaten is practically zero. The chance that they emerge from that gauntlet with just one loss is much lower than Alabama's, and I think anyone with common sense sees that. The committee saw that.

FSU is not in the top 4 for the same reason Liberty is not in the top 22.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

All of the hue and cry for poor Florida State is fucking laughable. It's laughable to listen to on tv and radio, to read in various publications, and to see some of it here. I cannot get enough of the whining, personally.

Do I feel bad for FSU players and Norvell? 100%. They have every right to think/feel that they got proper fucked because they did, in terms of winning out on the field.

That considered, no one else is a sympathetic character on the FSU side. I'm no Bama fan and I like the FSU posters here. I like Danny Kannell. I liked Bowden and enjoyed his teams growing up. So what?

No one wanted to see a limp dick Florida State team get methodically driven into the turf in the Rose Bowl to the tune of a 31-0 Michigan shutout. I shouldn't say "no one", since obviously that was what Michigan wanted. But no one else wanted that disaster. 

And FSU fans and mouthpieces cry boo-hoo anyway. Well, guess what? The college football world placated Florida State twice under similar circumstances. The first was 2000 and we all had to suffer through watching them shit themselves and score 2 points against OU for the title simply because they'd won it the year before. Miami was the better team and beat FSU that season. 

The second event of similarity was 2014. Florida State was the reigning champ and went through a miserable fucking ACC and non-conference seasons, skating by teams over and over. Everyone knew that team was a shadow of its former self and lacked the horses to win it all. "But Florida State is the reigning champ! They're undefeated! Aren't we obligated to put them in?" We all shrugged as the committee put FSU into a 4 team playoff after watching them scrape by such juggernauts as BC, GaTech, Virginia, Florida, and Miami by one score each to close out the regular season and ACC title game. They played 8 one score games that season. Georgia Tech was the only halfway decent team of that final 5 team lot. 

So what then happened? Oregon pulled FSU's pants down in public and spanked them to the tune of 59-20 in one of the more boring playoff games in its decade-long history. 

Then there's Phillips, who had the temerity to feign outrage in his public declaration yesterday after being directly responsible for keeping his own team out. Fuck you, dipshit. 

Finally, these babies should all be blaming the ACC and its scheduling spinelessness. Your QB broke his leg against North-getthefuckoutofhere-Alabama in a FCS match-up late in the season, following the SEC bitchass model of scheduling. Play 9 conference games, dickweeds. Fuck your FCS game. Get some better credibility or fall to the legitimate perils of a 9 conference game set-up. I doubt FSU wins a game against UNC or NC State in which their QB breaks his leg. Do better, you fucking babies.

So, yeah, fuck Florida State fans, administrators, the ACC commissioner and their media water carriers. No one wants to watch a boring ACC team get their head beat in on national television while we all struggle to stay awake. You don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. You've gotten the benefit of the doubt as much as anyone besides fucking Bama over the last 20+ years and you have done fuck all with that acquiescence from the rest of us. Enjoy your irrelevant bowl experience this year and the rest of us will enjoy some high quality football in the playoffs. 

Wow....

Well said and very well written man.

Good job.

I agree with every bit of it.

45 minutes ago, GenXer said:

All they can do is win their games, and they did.

Every other contender understood their assignment for CCG weekend. Win, and do so as convincingly as possible.

FSU did nothing to assure the committee that, on January 1, 2024, FSU would be one of the four best teams in the country and competitive against Michigan or Washington.

48 minutes ago, GenXer said:

What a horrendously stupid post. Cardale Jones fucking lit up Wiscy in that conference title game. It was obvious they could be a force with him at QB. FSU’s backup sucked shit against a terrible Florida team, and then his backup played even worse in the CCG. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

4. FSU and Alabama had a common opponent, LSU, and while FSU had a higher margin of victory, Alabama could have run up the score if they'd opted to go for a 4th and 1 instead of a long FG (which was missed). This is not situation like the one we had with the common opponent between Texas and Oregon, where the margins of victory were hugely disparate (50 points vs 8 points) and where the game between Oregon and Texas Tech was actually closer than the final 8-point margin of victory indicated.

5. I look at Alabama's schedule, and I see probable losses for a full-strength FSU against Texas, Ole Miss, and Georgia, and I see close games (possible losses) against USF and Arky. The chance they emerge from that gauntlet unbeaten is practically zero. The chance that they emerge from that gauntlet with just one loss is much lower than Alabama's, and I think anyone with common sense sees that. The committee saw that.

Lulz

1 hour ago, GenXer said:

We all knew it was a flawed system and now we're bitching about a flawed result. Who cares, it expands next year. Last year TCU "deserved" to get in and they beat Michigan, but proved they had no business on the same field as Georgia. My guess is the committee wants to avoid that shit again and wishes they had put someone else in last year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

We all knew it was a flawed system and now we're bitching about a flawed result. Who cares, it expands next year. Last year TCU "deserved" to get in and they beat Michigan, but proved they had no business on the same field as Georgia. My guess is the committee wants to avoid that shit again and wishes they had put someone else in last year.

Maybe Alabama will destroy Michigan and the committee will realize that FSU would have provided a closer game.

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Then I guess Michigan had no business being there either

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Then I guess Michigan had no business being there either

It really is weird. I have no idea where the "Michigan is the best team in the country" sentiment comes from. They have been talked about all year as if they have Georgia's resume the last couple of years. And yet every time we watch them, they are struggling in some rock fight with a mid ass team in the B10.

• Hook 'Em 2

I have done some stupid things in my life, and then had to live with the consequences.  It really sucked, each time.

To the person who decided it was a good idea to run your quarterback out of the pocket and upfield, for some yards, IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE GAME, while ranked 4 in the nation, and playing North Alabama, I feel you.  That decision was stupid and your consequence is your qb broke his leg.

Footnote: your "playoff caliber team" was trailing North Alabama 13-squadooch, at home, at the time you made that decision.

Edited by CoTex
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

agreed, like a team who Michigan had stolen their signs from.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GenXer said:

There's more to that history than just that. Cardale Jones played lights out against Wisconsin in the Big 10 Conference Championship game prior to Ohio State being selected as opposed to the absolutely abysmal showing against an impotent opponent by FSU vs Louisville. So the CFP had proof of capability in 2014 that was clearly not evident with FSU's backup QBs.

From Wikipedia - Cardale Jones:

Entering the 2014 season as a redshirt sophomore, Jones was third on the Buckeyes' depth chart, behind Braxton Miller and J. T. Barrett. Jones made his first start of his college career in the Big Ten Championship Game in place of J. T. Barrett, who had been injured the prior week versus Michigan. Jones led the #6 (AP) ranked Buckeyes squad to a 59–0 victory over the #11 ranked Wisconsin Badgers, on the eve of the NCAA football committee's inaugural playoff selection.[18] Jones was named MVP of the game.

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

What was his completion percentage though?

I can't count that high, but I can count to 7

Trey Benson - RB

Lawrance Toafili - RB

CJ Campbell, Jr. - RB

Caziah Holmes - RB

Samuel Singleton, Jr. - RB

Rodney Hill - RB

Demetric Stephens - RB

7 running backs on the FSU roster who would have willingly taken the handoff and run into harm's way, so the qb didn't have to.  Coach Norvell, I would be pissed off also, pissed off at the man in the mirror.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, CoTex said:

I can't count that high, but I can count to 7

Trey Benson - RB

Lawrance Toafili - RB

CJ Campbell, Jr. - RB

Caziah Holmes - RB

Samuel Singleton, Jr. - RB

Rodney Hill - RB

Demetric Stephens - RB

7 running backs on the FSU roster who would have willingly taken the handoff and run into harm's way, so the qb didn't have to.  Coach Norvell, I would be pissed off also, pissed off at the man in the mirror.

Against North Alabama's stout run defense? Bold strategy, Cotton.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Against North Alabama's stout run defense? Bold strategy, Cotton.

I've got an idea, just spitballing here, tell me if this connects:

"Coach, how about next time you're number 4 in the nation and cupcake week comes around, you don't pound your "Heisman candidate" (ESPN's words not mine) quarterback into the other team's linebackers?"

Florida State's Jordan Travis has turned himself into a Heisman candidate after getting booed off the field - ESPN

• Haha 1