Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

Sources told ESPN FSU officials/lawyers have gone to ACC headquarters at least a half-dozen times to examine the GOR.

They don't have a .pdf copy in Tallahassee? Is it a sacred document kept/guarded in ACC facilities?

Screenshot_20231222_073942_Chrome2.jpg.c136960cfdd603df528a82b06dbc0419.jpg

Also saw this comment from Brett McMurphy earlier. We are privileged to roam this earth at the same time as Brett, allowing  us to consume his wisdom which he just hands out for free.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Blotto said:

They don't have a .pdf copy in Tallahassee? Is it a sacred document kept/guarded in ACC facilities?

Screenshot_20231222_073942_Chrome2.jpg.c136960cfdd603df528a82b06dbc0419.jpg

Also saw this comment from Brett McMurphy earlier. We are privileged to roam this earth at the same time as Brett, allowing  us to consume his wisdom which he just hands out for free.

Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Conferences

10485879.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,off

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

So aggy pays 100M+ to continue to be irrlevant and fuck their entire recruiting class up and lose everyone they shelled out huge NIL for to get the highest rated class ever and FSU says hold my beer and wants to pay even more just to get dumpstered in an actually competitive conference? Hahahahahahahahahahah

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-seminoles-college-cfb-acc-norvell-team-roster-schedule-game/2023/12/21/24011773/realignment-acc-exit-conference-revenue-sec-big-10-12-pac-smu-cal-stanford-breakdown-grant-rights#:~:text=To leave the ACC fully,Grant of Rights in court.

Ultimately, there have been some breadcrumbs left that private equity money would be used to fill in any financial gaps for FSU.

The exit fee would cost FSU in the neighborhood of $120 million, but the important aspect is that amount doesn’t factor in the cost of unwinding from the grant of rights.

Florida State is well down the road in securing private equity, if needed, for any financial implications from a move. Sources told ESPN that Sixth Street Partners would be a likely partner for the Seminoles in private equity.

This is exactly the direction university athletic departments need to be heading in, lulz. In the back pocket of private equity. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1

So FSU's board voted unanimously to sue the ACC, will be filing suit today, and not asking for any preliminary injunctions.

Allegedly not retaliation for the recent CFP snub, but further continuation of what they've been beating their chests about for the last year.

Seems to be an odd coincidence timing-wise, but whatever. LoLercoaster: engage.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

They were getting left out even if he was 100% healthy. 

Not a chance. The committee would've had no chance other than to put FSU in. Then it would come down to Bama and Texas and I *think* our win in Tuscaloosa would've been the tie-breaker. I'm thankful we didn't have to find out.

But, no, FSU can't blame the ACC for this exclusion. This is 100% a direct result of their starting QB Jordan Travis getting hurt for the season and having nothing but shit-tatstic backups behind him that could barely move the ball in their last two games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

So FSU's board voted unanimously to sue the ACC, will be filing suit today, and not asking for any preliminary injunctions.

Allegedly not retaliation for the recent CFP snub, but further continuation of what they've been beating their chests about for the last year.

Seems to be an odd coincidence timing-wise, but whatever. LoLercoaster: engage.

I predict great success in getting out of their contract, just like Elon Musk was able to cancel his purchase of Twitter. 

Just now, C-Man said:

Not a chance. The committee would've had no chance other than to put FSU in. Then it would come down to Bama and Texas and I *think* our win in Tuscaloosa would've been the tie-breaker.

Yes, I expect nothing but fairness from ESPN, the SEC, the NCAA, CBS, etc. They never, ever would have chosen Bama over a more deserving team. 

26 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Shouldn’t they have examined the GOR….oh, I don’t know….BEFORE THEY APPROVED AND SIGNED IT? And maybe keep a copy in your files?

See, there's a problem with that line of thinking. The only copy is locked away up at the ACC. No copies outside of that facility exist. You can't view it anywhere other than at their offices, while they watch you. No video/photography allowed, and no direct quotes allowed to be written down. And that is some fucked up shit on its own, without all the shitstorm going on now.

Needless to say, FSU's lawdogs have been up there a lot to review that document, all under the careful eye of the ACC.

That's not meant as a "pro" FSU comment, simply laying out the information on what someone would have to go through to examine the contract.

• Prepare your anus 1

58 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Shouldn’t they have examined the GOR….oh, I don’t know….BEFORE THEY APPROVED AND SIGNED IT? 

FSU signed the GOR.

FSU approved the ridiculous 4-team playoff with a committee populated by retards. 

FSU approved the ACC commissioner who blocked a 12-team playoff from happening this year. 

Still, they blame everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

FSU signed the GOR.

FSU approved the ridiculous 4-team playoff with a committee populated by retards. 

FSU approved the ACC commissioner who blocked a 12-team playoff from happening this year. 

Still, they blame everyone else.

Apparently, "Florida Aggie" isn't a stretch.

33 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

See, there's a problem with that line of thinking. The only copy is locked away up at the ACC. No copies outside of that facility exist. You can't view it anywhere other than at their offices, while they watch you. No video/photography allowed, and no direct quotes allowed to be written down. And that is some fucked up shit on its own, without all the shitstorm going on now.

Needless to say, FSU's lawdogs have been up there a lot to review that document, all under the careful eye of the ACC.

That's not meant as a "pro" FSU comment, simply laying out the information on what someone would have to go through to examine the contract.

Thats some crazy shit. I joked upthread about not having a .pdf copy of the agreement, but apparently that is not allowed. Who the fuck agreed to be bound by a contract with a $500M exit fee and without being able to have a copy of your own. Or more accurately, how the fuck do you convince every school to sign that fucking thing. The insanity of college athletics never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

I can't tell if you're yanking my chain here....so some lawyer(s) let their client sign and send out an agreement without retaining a copy?  That's ludicrous.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

I can't tell if you're yanking my chain here....so some lawyer(s) let their client sign and send out an agreement without retaining a copy?  That's ludicrous.

He is correct. They talk about the absurdity of the ACC GOR deal and how the ACC manages access to it all of the time on XM84. There are so many people that should be fired for what they did with that thing and ESPN.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Not a chance. The committee would've had no chance other than to put FSU in. Then it would come down to Bama and Texas and I *think* our win in Tuscaloosa would've been the tie-breaker. I'm thankful we didn't have to find out.

But, no, FSU can't blame the ACC for this exclusion. This is 100% a direct result of their starting QB Jordan Travis getting hurt for the season and having nothing but shit-tatstic backups behind him that could barely move the ball in their last two games.

Watch this and get back to me. I think your opinion will change. This was pre-Travis injury.

53 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

spacer.png

National Tressure 3: Seminole Discharge

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

It is not. And why would byu have a fucking clue? Let alone a clue about the ACC.

So what are you claiming is  inaccurate? He references an article in The Athletic that links to the 2013 GOR document from the ACC: https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2022/07/01185531/ACC-Grant-of-Rights-1.pdf

Here's the 2016 amendment:  https://theosceola.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/2016-AMENDMENT-ACC-Grant-of-Rights-Agmt.pdf

Edited by Blotto

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

So what are you claiming is  inaccurate? He references an article in The Athletic that links to the 2013 GOR document from the ACC: https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2022/07/01185531/ACC-Grant-of-Rights-1.pdf

Here's the 2016 amendment:  https://theosceola.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/2016-AMENDMENT-ACC-Grant-of-Rights-Agmt.pdf

All I'm "claiming" is that per the FSU legal reps this morning, there exists no copies of the actual signed contract(s) in question. The above linked documents were even referenced as not being 100% accurate as to the actual documents which were signed.

You may dispute that, and frankly it doesn't matter. I'm not personally claiming anything, simply passing along the information I've followed on this.

Well, that and byu sucks, obviously.

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Watch this and get back to me. I think your opinion will change. This was pre-Travis injury.

Nope. That was just 3:26 of TV stupidity. Pat McAfee said he'd put both 1-loss Bama and Georgia in over 1-loss Texas and undefeated FSU (with Travis, apparently). That's just abject stupidity. There's no way to prove either your opinion or mine but there's really been no precedent for what you think would've happened. It was all about Travis' injury. The committee said the head-to-head (Texas over Bama) was always going to matter. It said it before the final voting and it said it after. The Texas win over Bama mattered. It's 100% what got us in, just as much as the Travis injury kept the Seminoles out. No undefeated P5 conference champ had ever been excluded until FSU. And if not for a Travis injury, it wouldn't have happened this year either.

• Hook 'Em 1

I love college sports. The drama never ceases, 

So in their lawsuit against the ACC, Florida State claims they have no choice but to sue.

"I believe this board has been left 'no choice' but to challenge the legitimacy of the ACC grant of rights and its severe withdrawal penalties," board chair Peter Collins said. "None of us like being in this position. However, I believe that we have exhausted all possible remedies within the conference and we must do what we believe is best for Florida State not only in the short term but in the long term."

Hmmm, didn't someone claim in a recent interview that they also felt they had no choice but to cheat to get their daughter into USC?

Jailed Hollywood actress Felicity Huffman said she had 'no choice' but to bribe college officials to get her daughter into school

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Haha 1

Thats some crazy shit. I joked upthread about not having a .pdf copy of the agreement, but apparently that is not allowed. Who the fuck agreed to be bound by a contract with a $500M exit fee and without being able to have a copy of your own. Or more accurately, how the fuck do you convince every school to sign that fucking thing. The insanity of college athletics never ceases to amaze me.

I’m guessing Jimmy Sexton represented the ACC.