Alamo Bowl - Arizona vs Oklahoma

Constant

13 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Not just any young QB.  Definite flashes of Garrett Gilbert on the decision making front last night.  Yikes.

He also sucks ass at grammar.

“Those mistakes were on me,” Arnold said. “I’m going to take the full blame for that. I’ve just got to be better. I thought they put me in great positions to win tonight, but lack of execution was the problems we had tonight.”

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bamboozled73 said:

Start at minute 11.  Stoops got his helmet knocked off…and, of course, the glorious pick 6..

LHN edited the highlights of this game?

Crazy that BlowU was up 24-13, had moved the ball to the AZ 20 and about to go up 31-13 with 20 seconds left in the 3rd before that glorious INT return for a TD.  Also funny that they included the last two holding calls in that highlight reel😁

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rpspeed said:

Crazy that BlowU was up 24-13, had moved the ball to the AZ 20 and about to go up 31-13 with 20 seconds left in the 3rd before that glorious INT return for a TD.  Also funny that they included the last two holding calls in that highlight reel😁

It was so rare that OU got called for holding over the past...oh, I don't know..50 years or so, it's highlight worthy.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

OU got called for holding probably 5 times and it could have been 10.   The refs missed blatant tackles throughout the game.  For some reason they finally started calling all of them in the fourth quarter.

IIRC they were called for 7 holding penalties and a facemask or two.  It was fucking glorious and a reminder of how the blatant fuckery within the conference is now over.  In a correctly called game we would have been undefeated as well this year.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

OU got called for holding probably 5 times and it could have been 10.   The refs missed blatant tackles throughout the game.  For some reason they finally started calling all of them in the fourth quarter.

Yeah it was definitely a latent effect but as they say better late than never..... Hopefully the SEC refs call it often enough that the thieves have to learn how to not cheat.  We don't need 100% compliance but just any compliance at all will be better than the current shyte box.

At least the good news is we will never have another B12 ref'd game this year the sad thing is they will be able to referee future postseason games and that will still suck.

Residing in San Antonio, I had the pleasure of roaming the sidelines for this one.  For a game featuring OU and a PAC12/Future B12 opponent, there was an oddly excessive amount of "Horns Down" gestures throughout the evening.

Good good, rent free. Quite spacious if less than luxurious accomodations in all those heads, but did I mention free rent?

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, LonghornedD said:
Residing in San Antonio, I had the pleasure of roaming the sidelines for this one.  For a game featuring OU and a PAC12/Future B12 opponent, there was an oddly excessive amount of "Horns Down" gestures throughout the evening.

Good good, rent free. Quite spacious if less than luxurious accomodations in all those heads, but did I mention free rent?

Username checks out.

33 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, LonghornedD said:

Well Arizona will be, and still is irrelevant, and nothing will change. 

8 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Well, AZ looked plenty good, dangerous.   UW has played in tough games other than Oregon.  

The one thing about UW is they have only put away one team (Cal to the tune of 59-32) in conference, and their defense is not good. Ewers should have a field day against their secondary. It'll be a shootout, but what we have that every don't is true depth, so we can wear them down. We lost by 7 last year, but this year our team is lightyears ahead of where they were last season. UW offense is the same, and probably better since they have played together for 2 years,but so has our offense and defense. Our D got bigger (Phrasing),and better, so we're better prepared, and it's basically a home game for us. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Wrong score

13 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Doesn't OU lose all starting 5 Oline? They had 2 or 3 holding calls when Arizona was only rushing 3. Next year, if they can't hold, Jackson is going to commit 3 turnovers a game and get killed

they are claiming they were patchwork last night:

Spoiler

https://soonerswire.usatoday.com/lists/oklahoma-sooners-football-arizona-wildcats-brent-venables-jackson-arnold-gavin-sawchuk-seth-littrell-sec-big-12-valero-alamo-bowl/

The Sooners were very stable upfront for large stretches of the season. However, after opt outs, NFL declarations, and an untimely transfer portal departure, the Sooners had to patch together an offensive line.

While they helped Oklahoma amass 562 yards in total offense, they still need to improve. They were flagged for six holding calls and even gave up a sack when Arizona rushed just three down linemen.

Help is coming, and it couldn’t get there any faster. Some nice pieces are coming for Oklahoma from their 2024 recruiting class. Spencer Brown, a Michigan State transfer, is on the way, too. He’s a lock to start at one of the tackle spots. Febechi Nwaiwu, a former All-American who transferred from North Texas, is a likely starter along the interior. The Sooners must find a center and the other guard spot, all while building competitive depth behind them.

It would be wise if Oklahoma went back into the portal for another offensive lineman.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So I'm out here on the west coast watching the late night replay on ESPN.  I remember in the 80's and 90's they would "Due to time constraints we're moving ahead in this game" and show us the entire god damned half time show.  Then somewhere in the early 2000's they figured that shit out and would give us more of the game and skip halftime, so you still might skip some plays but not as many.  Admittedly, I haven't watched replays like this in awhile because Texas has sucked, so how long have they been doing replays where you get 2-3 plays and then 5 minutes of commercials?  We're in 7:43 in the 3rd in the last 44 minutes, and I've seen no more than 3 plays between commercials in this whole fucking game.  WTF Is this bullshit?  I think we're going to get the whole god damned game in an hour, and 35 minutes of that hour at least will be commercials. 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnbjDatjRwA8UmxG7ncGNTn4zAfqio1SgzZg&usqp=CAU

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

IIRC they were called for 7 holding penalties and a facemask or two.  It was fucking glorious and a reminder of how the blatant fuckery within the conference is now over.  In a correctly called game we would have been undefeated as well this year.   

in a correctly called conference we win it all in '08 and win the league 2 or 3 times post-colt

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1