2023 Cotton Bowl - Ohio State vs. Missouri

satyanash

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s no longer coached that way since punters got better at hang time and getting bounces close to the goal line. You’ll see lots of PRs fair catch inside the 5 now and casually jog off, no coaches on their ass. Personally I’d take a chance on letting it go on a bounce but most coaches would rather save the net 2-3 yards of field position instead of taking a shot at a touchback for some reason. 

IDK if punters have gotten any better at hang time. Is that statistic even measured accurately?

I'd still take my chances on a favorable bounce rather than a fair catch inside the 10.

Just now, DFW Horn said:

IDK if punters have gotten any better at hang time. Is that statistic even measured accurately?

I'd still take my chances on a favorable bounce rather than a fair catch inside the 10.

It’s not even so much the hang time as the bounce. They’re a lot better at that than they used to be. 

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

I dont mind one caught at the 7,8,9   but that dude knew damn well he was inside the 5 and called it, catching it at the 4.

AND HOLY HOLD batman.  I know the big 12 is blind to them but even they cant miss a take down from behind--- right???

• Like 1

I've come up with my "win" in this game.

I want it to stay close enough so the Big 12 refs blow a call, completely fuck over one of these team, badly.

Send their fans into a tail spin and maybe get some national recognition on the epic level of stupidity we've faced for years.

That's my win!

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Unless one of OSU's QB'S takes a huuuuge step in the off-season, they are absolutely fucked, regardless of who is on their schedule. They look like run over dog shit. 

If the Mizzou QB portals to tosu, he might finish better than 8th in the Heisman voting.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Kirk Ferentz:

spacer.png

You know he’s at home right now. With his one tv in the house watching this game. A third of a cup into his eggnog and telling anyone within earshot “Iowa can win this game. Defense matters. This game is living proof.” Cue his neighbor stretching saying he’d better get home now he’s had too much nog and saying goodnight and starting his tractor. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1