2023 Orange Bowl - Florida State vs. Georgia

satyanash

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

It wouldn’t have mattered. At least this way they have an excuse. Had they played at full strength I think they lose by 3-5 TDs instead of 8-9

Well, that excuse is basically taking your ball and going home. Which is making them a laughingstock instead of the desired martyr. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

FSU had the chance to be seen in a positive light by being very disappointed in CFP committee but sucking it up and trying their best to compete vs. UGA. Instead Norvell and the university decided to play the political card. Fuck'em. 

They should have followed the UCF model. Take care of business in the New Years bowl game, remain undefeated and hang a banner.

But no they decided to go this route.

k7y1TZ.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

What’s bad about saying the school fucked the whole thing up? I’m sorry, Texas is 13-0 and snubbed I for damn sure hope the university, coaches and players go out and win. If a one loss team wins the playoffs and Texas is 14-0, I’ll print the fucking tshirts and make the trophy myself. Have you seen how many BS titles Bama claims? 

now FSU is dogshit but they still were an embarrassment to their university for how they handled it across the board.  A fucking lawyer letter that’s the best effort they gave. 
I think we are on the same page troph. My observation has more to do with the regarded bitch ass lawsuit against the ACC, which pretty much precludes them from putting up the national championship banner after a 63 to 3 loss.  Here I mean no disrespect, I’ve always liked you and your content as a poster, but claiming an NC with T-Shirts and a trophy after that epic ass beating is far too Aggy-ish a move for me to get behind. 

Just now, Gatorubet said:

I think we are on the same page troph. My observation has more to do with the regarded bitch ass lawsuit against the ACC, which pretty much precludes them from putting up the national championship batter after a 63 to 3 loss.  Here I mean no disrespect, I’ve always liked you and your content as a poster, but claiming an NC with T-Shirts and a trophy after that epic ass beating is far too Aggy-ish a move for me to get behind. 

You didn’t read what I said. OF COURSE THEY HAVE NO CLAIM TO A TITLE. Jesus Christ.

but instead of recognizing their opportunity they acted like bitches from the moment they were left out until they let Georgia hang 63. No self respect. 

If the shoe were on the other foot and it was Texas left out, undefeated, I for DAMN sure would want my university not to bitch and whine but to say we are going to show up, play hard and hang the fucking banner if we win.

no team left out can claim a title if they don’t win every single game. None.

FSU should drop to 10+ for their sour grapes waste of a bowl game. Fuck em.

FUCK ‘EM

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

They should have followed the UCF model. Take care of business in the New Years bowl game, remain undefeated and hang a banner.

But no they decided to go this route.

Yeah, when you lose by 60 points, people outside of the state of Florida are just gonna forget about the whole controversy sooner than later. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:
16 minutes ago, troph said:
What’s bad about saying the school fucked the whole thing up? I’m sorry, Texas is 13-0 and snubbed I for damn sure hope the university, coaches and players go out and win. If a one loss team wins the playoffs and Texas is 14-0, I’ll print the fucking tshirts and make the trophy myself. Have you seen how many BS titles Bama claims? 

now FSU is dogshit but they still were an embarrassment to their university for how they handled it across the board.  A fucking lawyer letter that’s the best effort they gave. 

I think we are on the same page troph. My observation has more to do with the regarded bitch ass lawsuit against the ACC, which pretty much precludes them from putting up the national championship banner after a 63 to 3 loss.  Here I mean no disrespect, I’ve always liked you and your content as a poster, but claiming an NC with T-Shirts and a trophy after that epic ass beating is far too Aggy-ish a move for me to get behind. 

Are you drunk? No one has said that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yeah, when you lose by 60 points, people outside of the state of Florida are just gonna forget about the whole controversy sooner than later. 

There is no controversy. They whined their way out of it. Institutionally couldn’t hold it together. Bitching about it all - when they had the opportunity to do something special - then losing by 60 and proving they are weak ass is all that remains.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

I didn’t see shit talking from FSU about how they should have been in over Texas. I did, however, see them say they should have been in over Alabama. 

The only fans who thought Texas took FSU’s spot are aggy.

Also, can someone explain from that Mock 2024 playoff graphic how Texas would have been the 6th seed this year and Arizona was the 4th seed?

EDIT: Nevermind, they were projecting 2024 based on this years standings but from the perspective of next years conferences. I think…

https://www.waaytv.com/news/alabama/florida-ag-so-upset-alabama-texas-are-in-cfp-over-florida-state-she-s-launching/article_6e4eed18-99db-11ee-86e7-affb90c19b81.html

Florida AG asked for an investigation in why Bama and Texas were in.

Sure aggie was leading the charge but there were plenty of FSU fans banging on about how neither or Texas shouldn't have made it.

That's one silly link I found. Didn't verify it. Might be sarcasm.

9 minutes ago, troph said:

You didn’t read what I said. OF COURSE THEY HAVE NO CLAIM TO A TITLE. Jesus Christ.

but instead of recognizing their opportunity they acted like bitches from the moment they were left out until they let Georgia hang 63. No self respect. 

If the shoe were on the other foot and it was Texas left out, undefeated, I for DAMN sure would want my university not to bitch and whine but to say we are going to show up, play hard and hang the fucking banner if we win.

no team left out can claim a title if they don’t win every single game. None.

FSU should drop to 10+ for their sour grapes waste of a bowl game. Fuck em.

FUCK ‘EM

I did not think you thought they had a legitimate claim to a title. But if you are a university who agrees to a certain set of rules at the start of the season, if you do not get to be the national champion under those rules, you should shut the fuck up and not hang any banners.

Under the shitty rules that existed at the time, BYU was the national champion, although clearly not the best team. That was before the rules became more formalized and everyone agreed to the four team playoff.    

If Florida was left out after somehow being undefeated this year (as we joined the club of starting quarterbacks and RBs being knocked out) I would be embarrassed if we hung up some banner saying we were national champion - even if we won our bowl game.

Like I said, that is too Aggie to me. Let’s agree to disagree.

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I did not think you thought they had a legitimate claim to a title. But if you are a university who agrees to a certain set of rules at the start of the season, if you do not get to be the national champion under those rules, you should shut the fuck up and not hang any banners.

Under the shitty rules that existed at the time, BYU was the national champion, although clearly not the best team. That was before the rules became more formalized and everyone agreed to the four team playoff.    

If Florida was left out after somehow being undefeated this year (as we joined the club of starting quarterbacks and RBs being knocked out) I would be embarrassed if we hung up some banner saying we were national champion - even if we won our bowl game.

Like I said, that is too Aggie to me. Let’s agree to disagree.

I understand your position now, that’s fair. Texas probably wouldn’t because they haven’t. Enough have —> LOOKING AT YOU BAMA — and if there ever was an argument this situation is it, especially if the coaches poll decided to come in at final #1.

bottom line, FSU did a lot of damage to their brand the last month.

Edited by troph

Things change and the old bowl system is now defunct, we can keep the major ones as tie ins to the 11 meaningful game playoffs, but the rest don’t have much of a future.   I will miss the old bowl system as flawed as it was, but I sure as shit won’t miss a growing number of games like tonight.   Playoffs will give us more, better football to end the season so here to change.

It’s stupid to say we’re having bowls and playoffs as the same thing. So you get to play 2-3 bowl games a year? Dumb. Obviously, you’ll rotate thru those same venues.

As always, there have been entertaining bowl games this year. For those that don’t enjoy those even with a limited rooting interest just need to stay out of the discussion. There are plenty of teams, players and fans that do a shit. It’s a bit shitty to say they’re meaningless.

Even had FSU had all their guys, I’m not sure we get a competitive game. Now, imagine a world in which that FSU team got a 1st round bye then a home game. It’s quite possible this years seeding go differently because the thought process is different.
  • Like 1

That was pathetic. FSU and their players and coaches fucked over their fans who travelled and shelled out and showed up. It’s one thing to show up and lose. But they looked like they sat around on their asses and didn’t even bother getting ready for this game or to maintain their conditioning.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Florida AG asked for an investigation in why Bama and Texas were in.

I don't understand why an investigation is needed. The rules clearly state that while certain criteria are going to be taken into account ultimately this is an arbitrary decision by the committee based on who they think are the four best teams in the country. It very clearly states it is not about who deserves it more but who they think is best.

So...what are we investigating? The personal tastes of the committee? I mean they were about to put Oregon in over Texas because of their QBs completion percentage FFS.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, troph said:

It was a nice letter.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, troph said:

There is no controversy. They whined their way out of it. Institutionally couldn’t hold it together. Bitching about it all - when they had the opportunity to do something special - then losing by 60 and proving they are weak ass is all that remains.

This is so red pill based! lol 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't understand why an investigation is needed. The rules clearly state that while certain criteria are going to be taken into account ultimately this is an arbitrary decision by the committee based on who they think are the four best teams in the country. It very clearly states it is not about who deserves it more but who they think is best.

So...what are we investigating? The personal tastes of the committee? I mean they were about to put Oregon in over Texas because of their QBs completion percentage FFS.

Your questions are the very reason I said I don't know if was sarcasm. 

It almost seemed like an Onion article to me. No clue what that AG is basing that insanity upon, but I'd be curious to know if they did undergrad at FSU. (Finding that out takes work, and I've got New Orleans on my mind)

Edited by BurntEyes

4 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Lol, Georgia fans on secrant whining about how they deserve to be in over us now. 

Of course they are.. see my note up thread about how Georgia fan is among the worst in the SEC. Oddly, probably #2 from my experience is MSU. (Think aggie style mindset)

8 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

emoji1782.png

The guy that threw more interceptions than touchdowns in his brief career of primarily riding the pine in the NFL wants to chime in about his alma matter got hosed.....of course. He also called TO (NFL Hall of Famer) a low football IQ player when TO stated FSU didn't belong in the playoffs. Everyone remembers TO, nobody even remembers this guy.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, troph said:

I’m talking about how I would have treated the last month. Instead they were little bitches and lost by 60. I already stated they were gonna lose.  They only made it worse. Instead of playing for a self (righteously) claimed title, they complained, opted out, wrote their lawyer letter and sucked off 22 Georgia players on national TV. They actually had a chance. And they fucked up what coulda been a better game. I’m running out of CFB I’m pissed they were hoes about it. Fuck em. 

Did you pay attention to their list of opt outs for this game? It was not anywhere near your normal list of opt outs. They had no business being in the playoffs, but with a GA team wanting to make a statement and an FSU team with close to 30 scholarship players opting out including double digit starters this was never going to be a game. 

Some of the takes in this thread are just stupid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brew said:

Did you pay attention to their list of opt outs for this game? It was not anywhere near your normal list of opt outs. They had no business being in the playoffs, but with a GA team wanting to make a statement and an FSU team with close to 30 scholarship players opting out including double digit starters this was never going to be a game. 

Doesn’t matter. FSU could have made a statement as well and proved to the world they deserved a spot. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Chad said:

UGA had a ton of opt outs and transfers, yet they showed up to play. FSU doesn't even belong in the lowly ACC, they should realign to the AAC.

Georgia was impacted with a few notable players missing the game, including Brock Bowers, offensive tackle Amarius Mims and wide receiver RaRa Thomas. However, all those players — and the remaining absences — were listed out due to either injuries or transfer. There were no players officially listed as having opted out.

5 minutes ago, Brew said:

That’s ALSO part of how they handled it that was so appalling. I said exactly that. 

22 minutes ago, Brew said:

I’d say the opt outs were part of the “little bitches” behavior. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

If the starting qb doesn’t go down, they most likely make the playoff.

Yep they would’ve for sure have made it, and gotten their cheeks taken in the semifinals instead. People forget even with Travis they had down to the wire wins over BC, Clemson, and Miami. And North Alabama was winning 13-0 when Travis got hurt. They were just not that great of a team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Blowhard politicians perpetually seek attention because that has basically become the job description for elected officials (no CR). There is nothing substantive or genuine or meaningful about it. Carnival barkers carnival barking.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2