Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, Boss Hogg said:

Good news- no charges for POTUS

Bad news is that’s because they don’t think a jury would convict due to him being mentally unfit. 

Here another direct passage from special counsel. 

Or, when his Vice Presidency ended.

So, who’s really making the calls? Sullivan? Kamala?

Time for Kamala or Newsome imo. 

I mean, you and the rest of the GOP base could have elevated a viable alternative that wasn't clearly inferior to a "sympathetic, well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory"... but you chose instead enroll as a card-carrying member of Cult 45, so here we are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I think nobody gets mileage out of this.  To someone sympathetic to Biden, Biden’s quotes read like offhanded thinking-as-he’s-speaking comments.  To someone that wants to see dementia, they can. 

I’m going to record the state of the union and make my maga in-laws watch it later where I can force them to watch the full thing, not the spliced up parts where he stutters and Fox News claims he’s about to die. 

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I think nobody gets mileage out of this.  To someone sympathetic to Biden, Biden’s quotes read like offhanded thinking-as-he’s-speaking comments.  To someone that wants to see dementia, they can. 

I don’t know man. This seems like political poison to me. I’d vote for Biden if he was in a persistent vegetative state as long as the other option is Trump. But this shit will lose an election in the close states. If Biden stays in and seems even a little doddering during a debate or other high impact event, Trump is elected president, legitimately, and there goes the Republic.

• Hook 'Em 2

I find it notable that the one quote that isn’t included is the one that would be most significant — not knowing “within several years” when Beau died.  That’s the one that would be most meaningful to show he’s losing it if it really is that bad. But that’s the one that we have to guess at how bad it really is.  

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

I don’t know man. This seems like political poison to me. I’d vote for Biden if he was in a persistent vegetative state as long as the other option is Trump. But this shit will lose an election in the close states. If Biden stays in and seems even a little doddering during a debate or other high impact event, Trump is elected president, legitimately, and there goes the Republic.

Oh I’m same. Definitely terrified of Trump.  I think it was longhornmatt that said if he had to say Haley was President right now, he’d take it.  Absolutely my take. 

I just think this is the sort of document that disappears and is papered over with a few TV appearances where he comes off normal enough. 

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Oh I’m same. Definitely terrified of Trump.  I think it was longhornmatt that said if he had to say Haley was President right now, he’d take it.  Absolutely my take. 

I don’t get this take. What have you seen that makes you think she won’t be absolutely beholden to the GQP base?  It’s their only play other than getting all stabby. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don’t get this take. What have you seen that makes you think she won’t be absolutely beholden to the GQP base?  It’s their only play other than getting all stabby. 

Trump was uniquely bad.  Haley would be GHWB, Dole, GWB, McCain, Romney.  One was a threat to the existence of our country.  One is not.   

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Trump was uniquely bad.  Haley would be GHWB, Dole, GWB, McCain, Romney.  One was a threat to the existence of our country.  One is not.   

I’d like to believe you. But, SCOTUS Calvinball, Alabama congressional districts, Harris County, and Wisconsin state, shenanigans, etc lead me to believe this existential threat to our country is not Trump specific.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I’d like to believe you. But, SCOTUS Calvinball, Alabama congressional districts, Harris County, and Wisconsin state, shenanigans, etc lead me to believe this existential threat to our country is not Trump specific.

This is my point

• Hook 'Em 1

Meanwhile, China Joe really helping out his puppet masters in the Chinese Communist Party

The U.S. imported a total of $427.2 billion from China last year, a roughly 20% decrease from the year before, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis

Edited by elfenix
Why the fuck can’t I paste the link
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Merrick Garland should resign for being stupid enough to appoint this obvious GOP ratfucker. 

I’ve lost total confidence in Merrick Garland. And that asshole that Trump appointed, that was a shitty statement to make about Biden. The same thing and worse could be said for Trump. This is driving me nuts. All of it!!!!!

3 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

Good news- no charges for POTUS

Bad news is that’s because they don’t think a jury would convict due to him being mentally unfit. 

Here another direct passage from special counsel. 

Or, when his Vice Presidency ended.

So, who’s really making the calls? Sullivan? Kamala?

Time for Kamala or Newsome imo. 

spacer.png

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Who is actually in charge? If he’s too mentally incompetent to be charged with crimes then he should resign immediately

“does not establish Mr. Biden’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.”

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

I've actually heard Biden speak. He is clearly plenty sharp and has great responses to questions. Giving the refusal to press charges, I'm quite confident the memory issues stated in the report are solely there as a red meat for Republican voters. 

Exactly. This is why he wasn’t charged:

“does not establish Mr. Biden’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Wait, you're stealing documents too?

-Well, sometimes I have to.  Your father forgets. 

My wife just dropped off our oldest at hoops practice and was running to Target.  She called me in a panicked voice and asked what was going on with the country?  She is the most pragmatic person I know, so I ask "What the hell are you talking about?  I thought you were at Target?"  She replies, "Your cousin (BIG BIG MAGA disciple) just texted me and said Biden was addressing the nation because he's done something horrible and we need to get to safety."  I asked, "What the fuck?  don't listen to her.  He's doing an update on the investigation and probable the two active theaters of war.  I love my cousin, but please don't listen to her shit.  You didn't for the previous 7 years, don't start now."  My cousin tryied to convert my mother to Qanon and shit during Covid and my mom's coming back to her homestate this month to see her grandkids and I think my cousin is trying to lay "groundwork" for converting her for 2024 as if that's some massive win.  But it's indicative of evangelizing people in religion, politics, or how to make money in real estate with no money down.  It's all bullshit.  

It simply comes down to some of these people never felt like they were being taken seriously with regard to politics.  And then somebody told them they should be.  Empowerment is a helluva drug.

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wait, you're stealing documents too?

-Well, sometimes I have to.  Your father forgets. 

My wife just dropped off our oldest at hoops practice and was running to Target.  She called me in a panicked voice and asked what was going on with the country?  She is the most pragmatic person I know, so I ask "What the hell are you talking about?  I thought you were at Target?"  She replies, "Your cousin (BIG BIG MAGA disciple) just texted me and said Biden was addressing the nation because he's done something horrible and we need to get to safety."  I asked, "What the fuck?  don't listen to her.  He's doing an update on the investigation and probable the two active theaters of war.  I love my cousin, but please don't listen to her shit.  You didn't for the previous 7 years, don't start now."  My cousin tryied to convert my mother to Qanon and shit during Covid and my mom's coming back to her homestate this month to see her grandkids and I think my cousin is trying to lay "groundwork" for converting her for 2024 as if that's some massive win.  But it's indicative of evangelizing people in religion, politics, or how to make money in real estate with no money down.  It's all bullshit.  

It simply comes down to some of these people never felt like they were being taken seriously with regard to politics.  And then somebody told them they should be.  Empowerment is a helluva drug.

You’re not stupid.

You're not bad.

It’s not your fault you’re not rich.

If you believe hard enough good things will happen.

There are forces working against you.

You're actually good even if you’ve done bad.

Wait. Are you telling me MAGA and religion are similar?

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Joe's about to take off his shirt and watch and fight the whole press conference.

On one hand, he sounds pretty lucid.  On the other, he sounds like an angry old man.

He’s pissed about the Beau stuff in the report. Period. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’s pissed about the Beau stuff in the report. Period. 

That's not what he argued with the reporters about.

He also fumbled a couple of times and he directly contradicted the findings of the investigation at least twice.  All in just a few minutes.

I don't think he helped himself tonight, at all.  And I'm pulling for him as a last hope against tyranny.

Edited by TexArcher

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

That's not what he argued with the reporters about.

He also fumbled a couple of times and he directly contradicted the findings of the investigation at least twice.  All in just a few minutes.

I don't think he helped himself tonight, at all.  And I'm pulling for him as a last hope against tyranny.

Oh he definitely lost the plot a few times tonight. Praised parts of it, pushed back strongly on parts of it 

Just now, Js1 said:

Oh he definitely lost the plot a few times tonight. Praised parts of it, pushed back strongly on parts of it 

Right.

I mean, he is slowing down, and those of us who are fair about it will listen and say, jeez, he's still mostly sharp, he's energetic, and at least we know he cares about this country, and people in general.

But about 40% of the country really believes he's in full-blown dementia.  And they're loud about it.  And independents hear that.  And most people don't spend much time actually listening to this stuff to understand the slips in the full context.  All they'll know of this tonight is that the President can't even tell Egypt from Mexico and he screams at female reporters.

I'm afraid there's going to be good chunk of voters who say something like, "Trump's an asshole, but he least he's not completely senile," and they'll bite their tongue and accidentally vote for fascism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm afraid there's going to be good chunk of voters who say something like, "Trump's an asshole, but he least he's not completely senile,"

Wait until they start putting him on live national television again in a few months.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again