Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i think it is smart.  biden feels to me very removed and protected.  this will humanize him.

By getting interviewed by one of the most removed and protected individuals on the planet?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Huh. Did someone not tell his media team that Howard isn't exactly popular among the young folks anymore?

Stern has a wide cross section of blue and white collar listeners that are important to appeal to. I think it's a wise interview.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

By getting interviewed by one of the most removed and protected individuals on the planet?

it's a one hour interview...he's not co-hosting the show for a week.  plus, it definitely pisses off trump.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Stern has a wide cross section of blue and white collar listeners that are important to appeal to. I think it's a wise interview.  

That's fair. I'm certainly no Howard Stern historian, but I thought it was pretty widely known that he's gone off the deep end a little since COVID and his political leanings aren't exactly subtle. If the remaining audience is broader than I'm giving them credit for, all good. Nothing wrong with a relatively "safe" interview.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

That's fair. I'm certainly no Howard Stern historian, but I thought it was pretty widely known that he's gone off the deep end a little since COVID and his political leanings aren't exactly subtle. If the remaining audience is broader than I'm giving them credit for, all good. Nothing wrong with a relatively "safe" interview.

His political leanings aren't that subtle, nor are they that cut and dry. It's kind of a progressive libertarian view where he largely just wants the government to leave people alone. There's no doubt he understands what's at stake with this election and the threat Trump poses to the country so I have no doubt he pressed for this interview to give Biden an opportunity to communicate to his listeners - some of whom could just as easily vote for the J.D. Vance's of the world as much as Biden. It's an odd assortment of political beliefs. FWIW, I've been listening to Stern since 2004. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm not really a Stern guy, but what makes him one of the most removed and protected individuals on the planet? Any moreso than any great interviewer was, like Larry King, etc?

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not really a Stern guy, but what makes him one of the most removed and protected individuals on the planet? Any moreso than any great interviewer was, like Larry King, etc?

Hasn't he basically been a shut in for over a decade, amplified to 11 in 2020? But I'm only passing along what I've casually overheard/read, so I know jack shit about what I'm talking about and will shut up now. Delete user.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Hasn't he basically been a shut in for over a decade, amplified to 11 in 2020? But I'm only passing along what I've casually overheard/read, so I know jack shit about what I'm talking about and will shut up now. Delete user.

No fucking clue dude. That's why I asked. 

he still lived in manahattan until covid and seemed to be very social and loving his newfound friendships with A listers.  Covid sent him out to the Hampton's and he did his show from his basement for the last few years.  he had started to come out more and returning to the studio on a limited basis when i gave up my sub a few months ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, there's a lot more than young folks that need to get out and vote...or stay home and vote, as it were. 

yep.  tons of Stern fans in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin. if Biden can get some of the vote from the "no college" crowd that listens to Stern, that would be big.

what's gonna be interesting is to see how Trump responds to this.  Stern fans love Stern.  and if Trump goes on his typical "Howard is a loser who had terrible ratings until I agreed to go on his show after he begged me for years" rant, he could alienate some folks.

the Stern cult is just as devoted as the Trump cult.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What's the best way for an 81 year old man to connect with the youngs on the internets with their new fangled social media gadgets?

TikTok?

jennifer-lawrence-eek.gif

• Haha 6
  • Prepare your anus 1

6 hours ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Plus the fact that Stern and dotard were quite friendly.  Stern has dined at Mar-a-Lago, Trump was at Stern's wedding, etc.    When Stern calls Trump a dick, it carries more weight because they used to be "friends".

I firmly believe that if Hillary had done Stern's show before the election instead of after, she'd have won.   

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, sue me for never paying attention to Howard Stern, but does he actually have an audience of any significance?

This.  Today I learned Stern has some huge audience that I, in my 41 years, have never been a part of.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Nah, Sirius just likes throwing hundreds of millions at him to be nice. 

Exactly. It's like asking "Does Joe Rogan really have an audience?". You might not like it or fall into that demo, but it's a well-known and established brand with a loyal and faithful following.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Nah, Sirius just likes throwing hundreds of millions at him to be nice. 

I don't care about what he makes, I care about the # of people who pay attention to him.  Is it significant in terms of moving the vote needle?

12 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I mean if you want to talk about broad appeal, is there a better broad description for this country than the bolded?

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't care about what he makes, I care about the # of people who pay attention to him.  Is it significant in terms of moving the vote needle?

I don’t know you measure that but a Forbes article from last fall stated around 10 million 

13 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I went to the roller rink just now and the only thing kids were talking about was Hamas and Israel!

Should’ve been talking about the Hokey Pokey.

That’s what it’s all about. 

• Haha 1

Howard Stern is estimated to have 10 mil regular listeners and a few more million sporadic listeners on XM according to this article.  A lot of those listeners are in the swing states so Sleepy Joe may be making good decisions, despite being a half dead, demented vegetable.

http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2022/02/what-are-howard-sterns-ratings-on.html?m=1

9 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

He should go on Red Scare and/or Cum Town

Chapo Trap House.

people can shit talk Howard all they want, doesn't change the fact that he is one of the best interviewers in the game.  he's been doing long-form interviews before podcasts were a thing.  he switched gears when he went to satellite radio and didn't have to abide by program director's wishes and endless commercial breaks. so he's had big time superstars and talked them for an hour or more.  you just couldn't do that on mainstream TV or radio.  but he could on SiriusXM.  and now people can do it on podcasts.  

this was a monster get and it's getting a lot of good traction for Biden (and Howard) on social media.  credit to Baba Booey for booking POTUS.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, that kills me.  Three highly successful POTUS and "we" intersperse W and Trump, the biggest dipshits known to man.

For sure. But I'd have a beer with Bush. I wouldn't piss on Trump if he were on fire. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, that kills me.  Three highly successful POTUS and "we" intersperse W and Trump, the biggest dipshits known to man.

eat my whole ass, electoral college 

It still bottles the mind despite me sitting on the knowledge for a very long time.  That the occasion a Democratic President took office from another Democratic President through an election (not assassination or death in office) was Buchanan for Pierce, 168 years ago.  And in the last 36 years, barring some insane miracle, probably 40 years, a Republican has won the popular vote  just once since 1988.  George W. Bush in 2004 (by less than 2.5%). 

That's insane to me.    

Edited by YGIFS

1 hour ago, Welshy said:

For sure. But I'd have a beer with Bush. I wouldn't piss on Trump if he were on fire. 

Trump presidency was one of the better things to ever happen to W's legacy

image.thumb.png.edd8620bf1ddbae09acff8e5d0f74b0d.png

Never thought I would..but after 2017-2021 can't say I didn't...and with the shit show that is current Texas politics and rise of MAGA it does make me yearn for what used to be a more reasonable brand of Republicans like Bush...but here we are...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1