Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

21 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I guess I'm too late to say this now, but DeBoer makes the least sense.  He has no recruiting ties to the southeast nor any staff connections that do.  He'd need a lot of help to get up and running and a lot of help to hire the people who could make that happen.

DeBoer has to prove it without a 25 year old transfer QB before he’s a home run 

• Like 2

If Saban has brought in billions, ask your friend why Alabama is not very well endowed.  Grinnell College in Iowa, Swarthmore, Pomona College etc... all are more well endowed than is Alabama. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_and_universities_in_the_United_States_by_endowment

Alabama's endowment for the whole University of Alabama system is less than 1/20th the size of the UT system. 

Thought this was about dicks for a minute.

3 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Didn’t Lanning pretty much do similar with Bo Nix? I mean having a great experienced QB is a difference maker for sure. But he’s proven winner throughout his tenure as a HC at every stop. Both Penix (staying bc of multiple injuries and got the Covid year) and Nix are 23 but somehow the defenders of Lanning don’t point this out and he’s lost to DeBoer x3. I get the schools Lanning has been at vs DeBoer. But DeBoer is a better coach than Lanning. IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Just talked to my buddy in Seattle who's plugged in -- he thinks DeBoer is gone... to the Seahawks.

I mean he's a great coach who doesn't seem to like recruiting all that much. Seems like a smart move for him even if it's bad for the Huskies.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Good for DeBoer if true.  From the head coach at Fresno State in 2020 to the head coach of the Seattle Seahawks in 2024 is pretty fucking great career progress.

He can draft Penix and keep the train rolling 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Good for DeBoer if true.  From the head coach at Fresno State in 2020 to the head coach of the Seattle Seahawks in 2024 is pretty fucking great career progress.

Yeh crazy trajectory no matter what: Sioux Falls (wins championships there) to Fresno State to Washington (CFP final in his second year.) fucker can coach. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean he's a great coach who doesn't seem to like recruiting all that much. Seems like a smart move for him even if it's bad for the Huskies.

Shit, have Carroll land at UW for a couple of years to transition into the Big10 and avoid having to scramble for a coach. 

5 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

DeBoer seems like a really good coach, but there were some odd aspects to his team. They had a bunch of older guys and yet their defense wasn't great. Despite having an elite passing offense, they weren't effective running the ball. It could be a fluke, but someone like Norvell seems like a much better bet.

2 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

DeBoer seems like a really good coach, but there were some odd aspects to his team. They had a bunch of older guys and yet their defense wasn't great. Despite having an elite passing offense, they weren't effective running the ball. It could be a fluke, but someone like Norvell seems like a much better bet.

they were effective running the ball until they played Texas. Then they weren't effective against Michigan mostly because Dillon was seriously injured. They don't have a RB room like Texas or Alabama, Georgia, etc. There is no doubt he's a GREAT coach. We knew that before coming into the game. 2 losses in two years, undefeated in year 2, plus all his championships in Sioux Falls? The dude can flat out coach. The fact that he got to the title game proved that to me. Read Scipio's write up on the Sugar Bowl it's even more evident the guy belongs at the top of any list. He's the only guy out there that I would be certain of it Sark left.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Texasrocks said:

At the end of the day, you gotta coach the players you have. They were 26th in team talent composite ranking and played for the national championship. the other 3 teams in the mix were ranked 1, 6, 14. Any reservations I have about deboer would be along the lines of recruiting, especially in the  Southeast, but I dont question his ability to coach up players. When you listen to the guy speak, he comes across as smarter than the vast majority of college coaches. I think the dude would win big at bama. I just dont believe he will go there. Especially if he can score the Seahawks gig. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

they were effective running the ball until they played Texas. Then they weren't effective against Michigan mostly because Dillon was seriously injured. They don't have a RB room like Texas or Alabama, Georgia, etc. There is no doubt he's a GREAT coach. We knew that before coming into the game. 2 losses in two years, undefeated in year 2, plus all his championships in Sioux Falls? The dude can flat out coach. The fact that he got to the title game proved that to me. Read Scipio's write up on the Sugar Bowl it's even more evident the guy belongs at the top of any list. He's the only guy out there that I would be certain of it Sark left.

And it’s not like Washington has been fast to embrace NIL. Makes his job more difficult. Agree with what you wrote. I’d be nervous if I was a Washington grad/fan. Because he will get poached if they don’t start embracing the changes in college football. Dude can coach with what he’s handed but he would be deadly with a roster like Bama and on second thought I think he would be a terrible hire and they should go for Kiffin. 

8 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Good defense needs good athletes.  You can't scheme your way to success against top competition if you don't have the players to implement it.  They had a good dline, but are lacking everywhere else.

37 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It's Seattle, so . . . .

Rain in Seattle annually is close to Houston’s.  Half the winter days are clear/sunny, and 95%of  the summer.  The weather her kicks Texas’ ass.  This based on a lifetime of experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, nbmishoid said:

Rain in Seattle annually is close to Houston’s.  Half the winter days are clear/sunny, and 95%of  the summer.  The weather her kicks Texas’ ass.  This based on a lifetime of experience.

Fuck off with your facts.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Just talked to my buddy in Seattle who's plugged in -- he thinks DeBoer is gone... to the Seahawks.

Seahawks need an offense minded coach.  If he brings Grubb along it makes sense.  

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire