Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Keef said:

I'm too dumb and old to know how to actually check this, but someone on BOL is claiming that Bubba Hampton said on Instagram Live that Sark is being rumored.

I hope not. Based on previous comments/opinions (1-2 years old), Saban’s preference is Sark taking over when he retires. 

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Seems like a "I read it on twitter" rumor more than a "I heard from someone in the athletic department."

I doubt an incoming freshman who's not even on campus yet would know shit about fuck.

image.png

19 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Mostly works for me.  I’m on the shore so the sound moderates the micro climate quite a bit.  

That's some nice real estate you're living on. Living in Houston now, and I enjoy it. Could do much worse than follow the nbmishoid path for retirement.  $/ft on the water?

8 minutes ago, Keef said:

I'm too dumb and old to know how to actually check this, but someone on BOL is claiming that Bubba Hampton said on Instagram Live that Sark is being rumored.

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that you and I know more about Bama's plans than Aeryn Hampton.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tigersnake said:

That's some nice real estate you're living on. Living in Houston now, and I enjoy it. Could do much worse than follow the nbmishoid path for retirement.  $/ft on the water?

900-1000 today.  Up 50% in the 4 years we’ve been here.  Previously 8 years in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle,

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

Perspective can be subjective.   I’ve been here 12 years.  Don’t know how many stints that is equivalent to.  Beyond the weather, which is fine for me, I’m here for the beauty that hits me in the face every day.

What's her name? Pics?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Seems like a "I read it on twitter" rumor more than a "I heard from someone in the athletic department."

I doubt an incoming freshman who's not even on campus yet would know shit about fuck.

The more important question is does he know fuck about shit.

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

this interview is incredible. 

His comments starting about halfway through sure make it sound like he's thinking more like an AD and less like a head football corch.

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

You think he actually walked out of a meeting in the morning, and into the AD's office after his lunch break and said F-it, I'm done?

Probably called in Sick Retired like I did.

Honestly, his reasoning sounds just like mine when I retired. I was still considered one of the best at what I did, but my dedication and motivation were waning and I knew it was affecting my performance, even if only a little. And I was just fucking done with it all. People ask when they should retire. There's no answer for that except  "When it's time, you'll know".  Good on him for recognizing when to move on.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

You think he actually walked out of a meeting in the morning, and into the AD's office after his lunch break and said F-it, I'm done?

If you watch his interview it seems that at 3:55pm he said fuck it I am done and told folks at 4:00 pm.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

The first flight plan was a joke of sorts. Was just one filed with a Cessna. The 2nd one is more interesting. @derpyhorndog I think this is your purview? Any care to dig?

One of my favorite purviews, but on an hunting trip and the sleuthing only truly gets my rocks off when it’s for a UT search and fully consumes my life.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Other names associated with the Alabama search but seeming, at this point, to lack much traction whatsoever include Ole Miss coach and former Tide title-winning offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin, former Bama OC and current Texas leader Steve Sarkisian and Clemson's Dabo Swinney, the former Alabama player with multiple national titles at Clemson.

1259600352_waitwhat.gif.b9f92efb88d8535e2f92849973fa711f.gif

57 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Since when did A&M get harder to get into? Rick Perry wanted to turn them into a degree mill (and UT too, but UT told the state to go fuck itself). You can go back several years and see dipshit aggys boasting (without realizing what they're doing) about how their enrollment rate keeps going up.

This. Aggy: 64% acceptance rate. Texas: 29%.

Fucking hell, aggy. WTF?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Is Sark’s extension done? I’d imagine the only reason he hasn’t come out and said he’s not going anywhere is because they’re still hammering out details and negotiating money. Wish they’d hurry up and get this done so we can all relax and laugh at the rest of the college football world scrambling.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

If you watch his interview it seems that at 3:55pm he said fuck it I am done and told folks at 4:00 pm.

Baller move.  If anyone ever deserved to pull that, it's Saban.  I'm sure it wasn't the first time it had been discussed at the AD level.  There was probably an understood "let me know when it's time, and we'll be ready" from Greg Byrne.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Thats his standard commitment tweet. They got a portal commit.

Given the #stupid overuse of #corny #hashtags, yeah, #standard for someone like that buffoon Tolle and his #ilk....

Edited by MirrOlure

16 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Is Sark’s extension done? I’d imagine the only reason he hasn’t come out and said he’s not going anywhere is because they’re still hammering out details and negotiating money. Wish they’d hurry up and get this done so we can all relax and laugh at the rest of the college football world scrambling.

it hasn't. im not stressing about it too much (i don't know jack shit) , i just think Sark is smart enough not to try and follow a legend and feels good about what he's built. 

That and yes after the playoff year and Sabans retirement, he's probably waiting for Sexton to be done with bending CDC over 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

this interview is incredible. 

it really was. he didn't talk any shadow stuff, but most with any interest in college football don't. that said, when he writes his book, it will be a great one. his knowledge and passion for teaching and creating value as he called it is unparalleled in any industry, not just sports.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

If Sark said anything before a new contract is done, Sexton would kick his ass.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, wood said:

Probably called in Sick Retired like I did.

Honestly, his reasoning sounds just like mine when I retired. I was still considered one of the best at what I did, but my dedication and motivation were waning and I knew it was affecting my performance, even if only a little. And I was just fucking done with it all. People ask when they should retire. There's no answer for that except  "When it's time, you'll know".  Good on him for recognizing when to move on.

Same.  I don't hate my job, or even dislike it that much, but I am fucking done.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, texasdago said:

This is what I know about Seattle area weather...

"Oh no, this sucks... I'm going to go skiing"

What I know about Seattle weather is the old joke my Dad came away with on his last visit in the 80s:

"If you can see Mount Baker, then it's going to rain.

Well, what if you can't see Mount Baker?  --That's because it's already raining!"  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire