Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

45 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This guy has 38k followers so maybe he’s legit? 

for comparison I have 110 and I know lots of things. I’m legit. 110 followers. Fuck ya! 

1800 here, mostly international. I drop the occasional racing scoop. Does that make me internet famous?

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes it does. A legend! I just need more time on X/Twitter to get to 200!!!! The future is fucking bright! 

You get 100x the number of followers once you get arrested for the Rainey Street murders. White women love true crime. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

LOL.  Yeah, who should we hire?  The two middle aged head coaches with impressive experience and who just finished this year undefeated regular seasons and P5 conference championships?  Or our 30 year old first year OC who took more than half the season to figure out he should use the zone read with Jalen Milroe at QB?  Tough call.

By that threshold of being an OC at BamaJelly, shouldn't Major be mentioned in the running, too?  Lulz.

10 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

$60 well spent, and it will arrive before Valentine's Day! 

Mrs Doom will ❤️

On a related note I think one of your gourds might make a fine candidate for Bama’s open HC position. Are they still keeping on? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Something about Nick Saban’s “I’m going to have an office here still” makes me think it just ends up being Rees in the end. With Nick pulling the strings 

Hey, the Barry Alvarez retirement worked so great, why not run it again?

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm not going to believe anything until I hear it from @Hornius Emeritus!

Basically I am doing my part. I am staying up past my bedtime to see if Kalen DeBoer is at the Washington Basketball game in 39 minutes. I feel like Saban…I’m getting old. What happened to all of us since the Urban coach search days? Like 4 years ago I can stay awake no problem. Wtf!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

t. I am staying up past my bedtime

You are the reason the PAC fell apart. With your bedtime hours. If the Big 12 had merged with the PAC we’d be sitting pretty. But no, now we are in the SEC. Thanks lol. 

😉 

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Basically I am doing my part. I am staying up past my bedtime to see if Kalen DeBoer is at the Washington Basketball game in 39 minutes. I feel like Saban…I’m getting old. What happened to all of us since the Urban coach search days? Like 4 years ago I can stay awake no problem. Wtf!

damn, night crew memories

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Pablo said:

damn, night crew memories

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Fuck the game will start later than normal. Boo

I blew mine earlier freaking out. I’m sleepy. Zzz zzz zzz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2024 at 4:41 PM, Blotto said:

Not only that, but you have to re-recruit the same players every year with this bullshit "everybody gets to transfer whenever" policy. College football is a shitshow right now, so I can see why Saban would want to exit. 

Having to re-recruit your best players each year has to be the biggest pain in the ass. Would be better to pay players from TV revenue and sign them to multi year deals and finally move away from the bullshit amateur label.

• Like 1

Just now, redswingline said:

Having to re-recruit your best players each year has to be the biggest pain in the ass. Would be better to pay players from TV revenue and sign them to multi year deals and finally move away from the bullshit amateur label.

That's called the NFL, I think.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, redswingline said:

You'd have to pay the rowing and swimming teams etc the same amounts.  The amount the best players get will decrease and recruiting will go back to under the table bag payments like before.

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

325,000+ come at me bro. 

Nice! There must be a reason all those people follow your account. What is it? I wasn't bragging. Anyone can do 1800. I'm amazed even that many people thought my account was worth following. What's your handle?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

@TracesofTexas

Great site and a solid Surly member

Yeah I've read his posts for a helluva a long time, and I think I've heard of that account too. Looking it up now ...

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire