San Antonio woman cons $100,000,000 out of US Army

Armybrat

at least she was discreet about it.  only 3 $5MM checks in a five week period.  2 more in the two months after.

Count
Approx.
Contents
Date
1 9/7/2022
DFAS check number 10001161 in the amount of
$4,799,282.50 and made payable to CHYLD.
9/26/2022
DFAS check number 10001164 in the amount of
$5,429,001.97 and made payable to CHYLD.
10/20/2022
DFAS check number 10001169 in the amount of
$5,122,230.97 and made payable to CHYLD.
11/9/2022
DF AS check number 10001173 in the amount of
$5,617,234.37 and made payable to CHYLD.
12/1/2022
DF AS check number 10001177 in the amount of
$5,864,669.44 and made payable to CHYLD.

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

The reason you steal $100 million is so that no one will ever find you and the $100 million again. I’ve never understood why people go full Aggie after they steal a bunch of money and start buying luxury cars and homes for every knuckle dragger in the family. 

Spoken like a knuckle dragger that’s never stolen $100 million.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

The reason why banks and other companies sometimes have mandatory vacation policies for the financial/accounting people. FDIC currently recommends that all banking employees be required to either take vacation or be rotated out of their usual job rresponsibilities for at least 14 consecutive days. 

I had a bank client that put this policy in place after dealing with some fraud internalluy.  The individuals wouldn't get a ton of advance notice of their time off if I remember correctly (maybe a month or so) and would not even have access to email etc. during their off period.  Think it was 10 days for them.  But the thought of a mandatory vacation without access to email sounds absolutely amazing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Federal courts are moving to seize 31 parcels of land in Texas, Washington, Maryland, Colorado, and New Mexico, which Mello allegedly purchased using ill-gotten proceeds. Also sought for forfeiture are 78 personal cars, pickup trucks, and motorcycles, among them a 1978 Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser, a 1954 Maserati 124 GT Racer, and numerous Ducati and Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Over $10 million held in various bank accounts are also being eyed by the feds.

https://www.guampdn.com/news/former-guam-resident-pleads-not-guilty-to-100m-fraud-charges/article_f95e24fc-9f01-11ee-a878-b782438e9100.html

That mazerati is fucking hot

image.thumb.jpeg.5f69738e3db3399190a11ea90a2d660f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Federal courts are moving to seize 31 parcels of land in Texas, Washington, Maryland, Colorado, and New Mexico, which Mello allegedly purchased using ill-gotten proceeds. Also sought for forfeiture are 78 personal cars, pickup trucks, and motorcycles, among them a 1978 Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser, a 1954 Maserati 124 GT Racer, and numerous Ducati and Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Over $10 million held in various bank accounts are also being eyed by the feds.

https://www.guampdn.com/news/former-guam-resident-pleads-not-guilty-to-100m-fraud-charges/article_f95e24fc-9f01-11ee-a878-b782438e9100.html

After the first $20M, why are you, as a person clever enough to eventually steal $100M, not sitting in a mountaintop chalet in Andorra, where there are no extradition treaty with the US? 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Narrator: In reality, CHYLD did not provide any services. 

Rules are not fun. One of the people below is Janet Yamanaka Mello. You decide.

image.png.c2039239316814e57ee1ab11af0978c7.png

For a $100 million I'll take my chances with either one. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

The reason you steal $100 million is so that no one will ever find you and the $100 million again. I’ve never understood why people go full Aggie after they steal a bunch of money and start buying luxury cars and homes for every knuckle dragger in the family. 

This is why you just steal a little bit, then change your name and move on.  Gatorubet has never even been caught!

12 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

r a big school or govt institution like this where nobody really notices or bothers to check into why some department is paying millions of dollars a year in invoices to some vague entity.

She missed a great opportunity to be a philanthropist. A kick ass philanthropist!  People could have come to her and begged. And if she felt like it, she could help them out, and then they would owe her big time!  But alas, she got cheesed just like The Human Fund. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

So you can be a mass murderer and pedophile and still retire from the Army with full benefits?  Makes sense.

yep.

Killing it in retirement. A touching story for those who partake in such activities.

On 1/11/2024 at 10:49 AM, Gatorubet said:

Oddly, women, as a gender demographic are way over- represented in embezzlers. My personal belief is that the customary practice of paying women less than men leads to women deciding to independently correct that problem. Pretty soon that thrill of having new nice things takes over.

image.png

19 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/woman-allegedly-scammed-100-million-army-shes-retiring-army-benefits

That is fucking awesome.  She even gets to retire with a full federal pension.

Albert Flores, Mello's attorney, told San Antonio Express-News the allegations against his client shouldn't impact her ability to collect retirement funds after years of civil service.

"She earned it," Flores told the local outlet. "I don’t see how one thing is related to the other."

I think we found the San Antonio version of Saul Goodman.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/11/2024 at 5:10 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

This is why you just steal a little bit, then change your name and move on.  Gatorubet has never even been caught!

And you’ve never given a bunch of money to the leaders of Bhutan.

IMG_2287.gif.34ee059f9e0feda3b4814cb979dcf022.gif

• Hook 'Em 1