2024 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round

TonyTexas

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

why go for 2??????????????????????

and obvious PI

Odds. The odds in making a 2 pt conversion is about 50%. So in theory you score 2 tds, you should get one of them. If you get the first one you only need an XP to win the game. If you miss this one odds say you get the 2nd one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Odds. The odds in making a 2 pt conversion is about 50%. So in theory you score 2 tds, you should get one of them. If you get the first one you only need an XP to win the game. If you miss this one odds say you get the 2nd one. 

then never go for 1 because that is lower than 100% 

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Classic case of analytics not being useful for football due to the immense amount of variables. Stupid decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Btw I’m not saying I agree with it, I’m just noting how analytics view this. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

The odds are 48.2 in making a 2PAT in the NFL.

That is, making it once.

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Tampa just gonna hold onto that timeout?

What am I missing? Call the timeout with 20 something seconds left after the 3rd down kneel and make them try to kick the FG or do something especially since they weren’t using the full 40. Was the TV off showing a timeout left?

Edited by Brew