2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

9 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Let me guess, CowTown isn’t going to come back and list REAL reasons that Biden has been a bad president 

Reminds me of the last time I spoke to a guy I had considered a friend until he said he knew donald JAIL trump was a crook but was still a better president than Biden.  Adios, mfer.

1 hour ago, hookem2010 said:

Incels upset they aren't getting any, and think if they aren't, nobody should.

It's the GOP in a nutshell-

I'm unhappy. Should I reevaluate my decisions, habits and beliefs that possibly are playing a role?

No, I should invest my time and energy making others around me unhappy!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck that.  There are a lot of people in this country who are brainwashed.  And ANYONE that thinks this country was in better shape or more secure under Russian Agent Trump than under Biden is fucking delusional and deserves zero apologies from you and quite frankly, deserves a massive amount of derision and scorn.  These people cannot be reasoned with. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wild story, but the main takeaway is that the same guys behind Kanye's stupid campaign are working with Dean Phillips.  Explains a lot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/biden-robocall-new-hampshire-strategist-rcna139760

NEW ORLEANS — A Democratic consultant who worked for a rival presidential campaign paid a New Orleans magician to use artificial intelligence to impersonate President Joe Biden for a robocall that is now at the center of a multistate law enforcement investigation, according to text messages, call logs and Venmo transactions the creator shared with NBC News.

Paul Carpenter says he was hired in January by Steve Kramer — who has worked on ballot access for Democratic presidential candidate Dean Phillips — to use AI software to make the imitation of Biden’s voice urging New Hampshire Democrats not to vote in the state’s presidential primary. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I really want them to follow up with this guy after Trump gets back into the White House and let's see how well Palestinians and Muslims are doing after Trump takes over again. You think Israel is doing some heinous shit now in Gaza, just wait. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

32 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I really want them to follow up with this guy after Trump gets back into the White House and let's see how well Palestinians and Muslims are doing after Trump takes over again. You think Israel is doing some heinous shit now in Gaza, just wait. 

What a dumbass

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

So breathtakingly stupid

I did my part here in the Piedmont region and voted for Nikki Haley. Open primary here. No reason to waste my vote in an uncontested Democratic Party primary. If it was a closed primary, I would have registered as a Republican. 

Your mileage may vary, but something to consider. Make your voice count for something. 

• Hook 'Em 4

There are a number of students speaking out on campus polling locations last week in support of either Jill Stein or Congressman Dean and to vote for them over Biden.  Doesn’t make a difference in the primary but if they’re this passionate now, I imagine in November they’ll break against Biden at campuses all over this country. Not quite as stupid going for Trump to end Gaza hostilities but pretty fucking close.  

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

There are a number of students speaking out on campus polling locations last week in support of either Jill Stein or Congressman Dean and to vote for them over Biden.  Doesn’t make a difference in the primary but if they’re this passionate now, I imagine in November they’ll break against Biden at campuses all over this country. Not quite as stupid going for Trump to end Gaza hostilities but pretty fucking close.  

The thing about these people is that 95% of them will never vote for the Democratic Party, but need to come up with a new reason every 4 years.  2016 was Bernie, 2020 was Tara Reade, 2024 is Gaza.  These aren't lost votes, they’re just people that know who to bitch to in order to get attention. They get way too much attention for a group that is inconsequential.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

What do you do about this level of political ignorance?

Edited by David Dennison

Call either Frank Johnson or Gary Stallone?

but in all seriousness, a lot of this among 18-30yo voters is being stoked with regard to Gaza by Charlie Kirk and Turning Point.  It’s what he predicted to me 10+ years ago.  And it’s working.  To what degree, we don’t know yet.  Say what you want about the big headed, tiny-faced dickhead.  He had a very specific blueprint for shifting young voters.  He put together the money and is executing on that plan.  And it may just actually make a difference this Autumn.  

• Rage+1 3

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Call either Frank Johnson or Gary Stallone?

but in all seriousness, a lot of this among 18-30yo voters is being stoked with regard to Gaza by Charlie Kirk and Turning Point.  It’s what he predicted to me 10+ years ago.  And it’s working.  To what degree, we don’t know yet.  Say what you want about the big headed, tiny-faced dickhead.  He had a very specific blueprint for shifting young voters.  He put together the money and is executing on that plan.  And it may just actually make a difference this Autumn.  

If it works on left leaning voters, it's working because they have a fundamental misunderstanding of how American politics works.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I did my part here in the Piedmont region and voted for Nikki Haley. Open primary here. No reason to waste my vote in an uncontested Democratic Party primary. If it was a closed primary, I would have registered as a Republican. 

Your mileage may vary, but something to consider. Make your voice count for something. 

I did the same here in CO. No need to be registered R 

51 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If it works on left leaning voters, it's working because they have a fundamental misunderstanding of how American politics works.

Yeah, we would do well to remember that even though the batshit, ignorant, borderline insane MAGA voters don't know jackshit about Democracy and the 3 Branches and the Constitution for the most part.  There is also a not-for-nothing contingent of young far-leftists that don't know all that fucking much either.  It's a lesser number but it's worth noting and paying attention to for disruption purposes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

What do you do about this level of political ignorance?

Well the Republican response to basically the same situation has been to let Jill Stein take over the entire party. 

Edited by tokamak

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

Mike Lindell urging everyone at CPAC to wait til Election Day to vote is a gift that keeps giving

Let us have have an earthquake, hurricane, blizzard and wild fires on all election day.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Js1 said:

Trump will nuke Palestine into glass and laugh about the dead brown people. But man did the Arab voters own Biden! 

I agree. Good thing I don't live in Michigan otherwise I would have to vote for Biden.

At the same time I want to be fair and direct my criticism where it could actually make a difference.

Two observations.

First, if you're blaming or debating the voters about their choices, you're losing.

Second, if you are losing, the blame rests with you if you cannot provide a coherent, factual response to the following simple question from a voter:

Can you make the case for why your candidate deserves my vote without alluding to their opponent?

Uh, would this be a weird time to point out that Stephen Moore put in his 12-month notice to receive his Medicare A&B coverage?  That thing 64yo folks do in anticipation of their benefits?  

Just now, David Dennison said:

Unless you win.

Right, but someone above was shaking their fist at Michigan voters if we end up with another Trump term. In that scenario, Biden lost and the implication is that the voter is stupid.

That might feel good, but it's not useful or productive.

I'm more interested in preventing this scenario, which means we should ask ourselves whether Biden is in a position to change things.

It's clear to me that the reason why he's losing support in Michigan and elsewhere is: Biden's inability to make the standalone, Trump-less case for voters to vote for him. It's basic math, really. The number of voters who support Biden (a positive number) or oppose Trump (another positive number) is always going to be greater than the number of voters who oppose Trump (a positive number with a lot of overlap but not 100 percent overlap with the Biden supporters).

If you're upset at voters who refuse to do anything to support Biden, because they don't see the world the way you see it, I agree with you. But we're not in a position to change stupid. Stupidity is a given and has been with us since time immemorial and will remain with us until the heat death of the universe.

That's why I say it's not useful or productive to try and change that. You won't change that ever, and certainly not in a matter of months.

Once you accept that stupidity is an immutable truth about the electorate, you'll be in a better position to appreciate why I'd much rather focus on the things that could be changed in a few months: Biden's campaign strategy.

That means growing the number of people who support Biden. That means finding coherent, factual answers for why Biden deserves your vote (other than Trump Bad™)

• Hook 'Em 1